“African food at its best”
Review of Tribes

Tribes
Ranked #126 of 9,926 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: African, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had lunch today at Tribes in the Emirates Mall, very good casual restaurant with a real African feel, had stopped in at a Dubai after a week in South Africa and this restaurant was more authentic than many I had been to in South Africa, would recommend if shopping or visiting the Emirates Mall

Reviewed June 28, 2013

What exciting about Dubai for foodies, is that you can find all kind of cuisines in it. Unlike my city Jeddah where things can get a little bit boring. Tribes is an African Restaurant I stumbled upon in a previous visit when I was alone and I liked it a lot. So when I came back to Dubai with my wife I wanted her to try it. In both instances, the place did not really disappoint.

The African atmosphere is pleasant and distinctive, and I would say all the waiters are African which add to its authenticity. They are with their colorful outfits and African accents make you forget for a moment that you are in Dubai, except when the check comes and you look at the bill, ha ha. The service is very apt and friendly, the décor and ambience is very pleasant, and the menu is extensive with dishes for all tastes from all around Africa, but the prices are on the higher side especially for steaks and BBQ. We opted for Grilled Calamari (AED42), Sausage Platter (AED45) for appetizer, and Mozambique Prawn (AED70), and Chicken Skewer (AED 80) for main courses. For drinks we chose Aroma of Africa (2 x AED 22), and our total bill was AED 281. I personally enjoyed everything I tasted; including the complementary bread they give you, and especially the Sausage Platter, while my wife loved the Prawn and especially the Chicken Skewer.

Finally, I would encourage all the visitor of Dubai, especially if you are stopping by The Mall of Emirates to give it a try. You would enjoy the food and the service, and it will give you the chance to try something different for a change.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Me.my wife and two children had a nice meal in Dubai. Very friendly staff, steaks so tasty, good variation even though you visit regularly, staff is helpful.... Good atmosphere with African concept and drums music.....We definitely visit again and again.........

1  Thank Kosy A
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Dubai and I've tried many restaurants , but my favorite one is Tribes. The food is great , starting with the breakfast with the eggs and the delicious croissant , the meat is simply awesome no matter what your having, whether it is a simple burger or a wague burger , a sirloin , a fillet , a 500 g wague tenderloin and the big meals. To finish your meal you must and I insist you must try
Chocolate Malva pudding with vanilla ice cream and a double espresso , it is the best desert ever.
Did I mention the great African dance and music preformed by the friendly staff , lovely entertainment . Great food , great place I always go back and I highly recommend it to everybody .

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been dining in Tribes for so many times, and every visits worth a single dirham spent.

It starts with the special greetings from the service staffs and the theme is set as we are entering another world in Africa.

Menu selection is good, try the grilled calamari and the hanging chicken or mixed grill all are great!

If someone having a birthday, they will sing the special African song and dance to it, it's always look enchanting.