“Good food great service!”
Review of Tribes

Tribes
Ranked #119 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: African, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“Good food great service!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We dined here twice in the course of our time in Dubai. We were welcomed by a genial giant with a huge smile and given complimentary home baked bread. Delicious! The food is good. There is a great African atmosphere and the staff were all smiles. I remember having the royal breakfast on my second visit. Including two eggs and a pie e of steak! It isn't cheap but the food is very good and beautifully presented. Altogether a good experience! Top marks!!

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Fun Dinner”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Strolling through MoE, we suddenly entered an African village- Tribes. Pleasantly greeted by our South-African host, dressed in traditional attire, we were shown to our table.The place was very busy as it was a Friday, but we still managed to get a relatively secluded table. It was funny and quite surreal glancing out of these exotic surroundings only to see the parking lot through the window :p

The decorations inside Tribes feel genuine, and lend an air of authenticity to the place. The place is rather loud with music, and dark with spotlights on some funky artwork on the walls. It was a mix between being family friendly, while still a good choice for groups of friends, or even for couples. It isn’t where I would go for a relaxing or romantic night out though.

The drink selection is awesome, and they were very refreshing with an interesting twist to the ingredients.

Once we had ordered, we were brought a complimentary loaf of their house bread. This was amazing! A fragrant dates and walnut bread- served freshly baked, crispy and steaming.

We ordered a salad which was… well, different. It had watermelon, greens, herb infused bread sticks, and melted crumbed parmesan. Interestingly, the flavors worked well together. The salad arrived on a pretty aqua colored handmade plate, and was lovely.

For our mains, DH ordered an exotic sounding specialty dish (which I of course can’t remember the name for- but I will include its picture). I ordered a fillet with mushroom and truffle butter. The dishes were delicious, and we both had trouble sharing :p
I liked the truffle butter sauce on mine, which I felt gave the dish a more interesting flavor. I let it melt for a while, and then scooped up the rest onto the mashed potato side. I hadn’t known mashed potatoes could taste so good- so smooth and creamy!

Half-way through our meal, the staff broke into African drumming, song, and dance. I think it was to celebrate a birthday at one of the tables, but it seemed a regular occurrence. The staff appeared to be enjoying themselves, which IMO makes Tribes a very fun place for a meal.

The presentation of the food was well executed. The portions of mains were good, while the sides were very generous. By the time we finished, we were too full to order dessert- which is a shame since the choices looked amazing.

The bill came to about 400 AED (Using the Entertainer voucher this became 250- def. worth it)

Tribes also has some lighter fare (sandwiches, salads, even breakfast) for those interested. I plan to visit again =)

2 Thank Gentle Traveler I
Cairo, Egypt
“Great service, great ambiance and OK food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to tribes at the Mall of the Emirates, it was a nice experience with the whole decorations and the exceptionally nice staff who will make sure to attain to all your needs. A very noticeable thing is that the seats are super comfortable you don\t want to get off the chair! I ordered a steak, but I was a little disappointed as I asked to have it medium well and it arrived well done. In a place that specializes in meat, this is a big deal. other than this everything else was nice. final comment, Its very pricey for the quantities of the food you get.

1 Thank Suzy1284
Manama, Bahrain
“Traveling to the Jungle inside the mall”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are looking for a different experience in Dubai, you should go to Tribes. The food and the atmosphere will make you feel that you are in Africa. I highly recommend the place for a good meal and nice experience.

Dubai
“Friendly staff, delicious food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner at Tribes to celebrate my birthday. While service was never been an issue in past visits, tonight's service was extra friendly and the staff treat you like an old friend. Jokes came easy (our waiter assured us that if we couldn't finish our food, he'd gladly help us finish it). Every now and then the staff would break out into "Shosholoza..." Accompanied by drums an vuvuzelas. Really great vibe.

My steak was extra juicy despite it being well done (I'm a medium rare fan). If you can't decide which appetizer to get, order the Hakuna Matata platter. It's basically got everything.

Visited April 2013