“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: African, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our friends took us to this restaurant on our last night in Dubai. As we entered we received a warm welcome from the hostess at the door and all the staff were friendly and smiling. After we were seated the waiter brought us some freshly baked bread, cheese and sundried tomato, wow!!! I had Red Snapper and spinach and my OH had steak, and boy was it good. Our friends had chicken and salmon and they too enjoyed their meals. We were then entertained by the staff with them playing the drums and some authentic African singing and dance. We had a great evening and would definitely recommend going to this restaurant if you enjoy tasty, quality food and a great night out.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Found this restaurant as we entered the mall with a set of coupons from different restaurants across Dubai. There were only two in the mall and the picture grabbed my attention so we found the place.

And boy was it worth it.

From the moment we walked in all the waiters were smiling and always ready to serve...the whole atmosphere of the restaurant, the live cooking, the whole experience was fabulous and the food tasted excellent. Everything we tried was a great it raised the stakes. Probably the best food I have had in my life.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Last week I went together with a friend and my son for lunch at Tribes. We were seated inside to be more quiet. The staff were ver friendly. We first ordered drinks I had a mock tail with passion fruit which was very nice they called it passion fruit monitor but without the rum. My son and friend had water and coke. I ordered the spicy salmon burger with the small salad instead of Fries which was cooked to perfection usually I never eat the entire bun but now I did it was that good. My friend had a small soup and a salad and my son took a cheese burger all the food was delicious.
We didn't take dessert but I had tea and my son had a coffee.
I will go back to Tribes. Most of the times I don't like to eat in malls often no value for money but this was exceptional.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was the third visit for us to Tribes, the staff are very friendly and polite. You will enjoy the African night when the staff roll out the drums.

We start by lovely bread the they serve it as welcoming. Then we order soup of day , the main course was wagyu fillet steak with mash potatoes, paper chicken sandwich and berries cocktail.

The food and drink was amazing.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went to the Tribes at the Mall of the Emirates with my wife on Feb 7th which is our second visit. The friendliness of the hostess and the staff is just wonderful. It gives a very positive vibe without being pretentious. We ordered water to start with. Knowing the portions they serve, we opted for one appetizer: the peri peri sardines. I was surprised by a 5-star quality appetizer in terms of execution and taste; I’ll give 4-stars for the presentation though. As for the quantity, well, the dish was two whole fresh sardine fish with the backbone removed as well as most of the thorns, cooked to perfection and topped with a little peri peri sauce and served on a buttered toast. Sardine is a fatty fish and surely an acquired taste, but I just loved it! Wish there was more sauce on the side though.
As for the main dishes, we shared two, one was the lamb shank that consisted of 2 whole lamb Shanks in a light tomato sauce with barley on the side cooked with vegetables. The meat was so lean and cooked till it was so tender it just melts in your mouth while the barely and sauce were very nice accompaniments.
The second dish was ox tail. I don’t remember having ox tail for a very long time (years). But this was more than perfect. The ox tail ( two really huge chunks were served) was marinated in a special sauce that has a very interesting flavor, the tail cooked slowly until the sauce is caramelized and the meat as well as tendons were extremely tender. A warning for cholesterol watchers though, it is a very fatty dish. The flavor though is just amazing. The ox tail came with a separate bowl of one of the best mashed potato dishes I have ever had in Dubai. The mash was subtly flavored so as not to ruin the ox tail succulent and complex flavor but to complement it even better than white rice would have.
We were more than full, oh and let us not forget the walnut-date complimentary bread that is a treat by itself.
Dessert? Sorry folks, there just was absolutely no room for it. The atmosphere was out of this world with rustic chairs and tables, rustic décor made like a cave and the kitchen and grill in front of us. We really didn’t feel we were at the Mall of the Emirates. Even the bill came in a very neat dish that looks like an African statuette.
As for the price, well, it was a bit pricey at 379 without tip, but when you put the quality and quantity of food, the service (very friendly manager too and on top of everything) and the atmosphere, I think it is totally worth it.