“Big taste and big bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tribes

Tribes
Ranked #107 of 9,470 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Steakhouse, African, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DxB
“Big taste and big bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant and a much needed addition to Dubai's international food scene. The place offers a great ambiance, beautifully decorated in African themes, you'd think that you're somewhere in Africa.

We ordered two meat dishes, lamb chops and a spicy steak item. Both tasted heavenly. The lamb chops were out-of-this-world tender, literally melt in your mouth (a must try!!!). Service was quick and friendly, except when we wanted to settle our bill, our friendly waitress was MIA for a long while. Had two soft drinks and two mains, bill was around 375 AED- very expensive we thought (the only reason I didn't give the restaurant a full mark). Also, I don't recall that the food prices were listed on the menu, but I could be mistaken.

Strongly recommend and will likely go back to try some of their other dishes.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank fasttrackDxB

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of my ALL-TIME FAV places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food is more than delicious, the staff are extra friendly. Their calamari starters is to die for, and the shrimp ones too! Their steaks are mouthwatering, as well as many other weird african dishes. If you love to try new things, Tribes is definitely the go to restaurant. If you're celebrating, ask them to play the drums at your table. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT PLACE!

• Visited March 2012
heverlee
“tribes has the vibes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I don't like Dubai so much, but this place I feel right away at ease and I go there every few days I'm in town.
The staff acts very cool. The fish tastes delicious. Their cappuccino and cakes are great as well.
You can't go wrong there.

• Visited August 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Walnut Bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I occasionally eat here when I have some business to attend to at MOE, and in general this is one of two places I would ever order a burger in Dubai, forget all these fast food joints.

Today's burger unfortunately was a bit undercooked for my liking, not quite raw, but too pink for a medium well cooked piece of meat.

One of the managers approached me and asked if everything was okay and I asked him if he could arrange to have the burger cooked a bit more.

Well I received more than I expected, a complete new burger cooked to perfection (my perfection that is), fantastic service despite the fact I had eaten probably about a third of the first one.

I can recommend the Ugandan fish croquettes for starters, extremely tasty and reasonably spicy.

Having a beer would be the cherry on the cake, but this being a restaurant outside of a hotel, one can only wish.

• Visited July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“excellent Food and services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very tasty food hiding in Mall of Emirates in Dubai, excellent service. Recommended for Madagasca Chicken Grill with Wash Head drink !

• Visited July 2012