As a regular visitor to the many hotels that offer day passes, I had very high hopes for this day spent with my husband as a special trip. Have visited here several times for dinner and afternoon tea and have been very impressed with the setting and hotel decor.
Arrival was very odd..having reserved on the phone 3 days earlier we were led down a dark corridor to the Kids Club. The lady there was more interested in switching the tv on than talking to us..but in the end, took our 1000 dirhams and proceeded to tell us that the pool would not be open until 10am. We made our way to the pool, to find many many people already there, with no sign at all of a 10am opening time..utter nonsense. The pool setting is beautiful but beware, you cannot use the day beds...they are for suite guests only which was abit disappointing. Difficult to get staff attention around the pool for drinks etc... Although the cold water served is pleasant. Asked for WI-FI password 3 times, eventually to be told that we would need to pay 70 dirhams for access...having just shelled out 1000 dirhams on arrival..thats abit much in my opinion. By 11am we fancied a coffee and cake... Very very disappointed to learn that no where in the hotel serves any type of food between 11 and 12.30... Some story about closing for breakfast and preparing for lunch. Unbelievable. .. After 45mins of discussion with various staff members and being sent from place to place.. eventually the restaurant manager Erik tried to help by bringing some left over pastries from the breakfast buffet... This was a welcome gesture but the whole story is abit weird for a hotel.
We asked for the manager to come to see us, because quite frankly this special day out had been full of frustrations since arrival..we were assured he would come to see us by the pool. We left at 16.30... And no one had come to us... Not great guest relations.
The spa is nice ... Pleasant therapists...but expect to give your credit card details when booking which I found odd for Dubai.
Not the special day we had hoped for..but generally nice. Would have expected more for 1000 dirhams..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive in style by limousine or boat at the private marina of Dubai's most intimate new beach resort. Discover this exquisite low-rise boutique oasis located on the lush, landscaped private peninsula of the Palm Jumeirah crescent. One&Only The Palm blends Moorish and Andalusian architecture with contemporary chic interiors, consisting of 91 keys and 4 exclusive Beach Villas. Stylish guest rooms are secluded in a residential environment within the tri-level Manor House, six low-rise Mansions and four private Beach Villas. Once relaxed and unpacked, indulge in the resort's private leisure facilities including a stunning 850 square-metre swimming pool, 450 metres of beach front and the outstanding all-suite One&Only Spa and fitness centre. Includes Daily Breakfast in Zest. Plus, families staying three nights or more will receive one complimentary Aquaventure Waterpark ticket per person per stay until 30 September 2016, unlocking unlimited thrills at the largest and most exciting water park in the Middle East. Situated across 42 acres of coastline, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai creates a stage of vibrant water experiences such as Master Blasters, speed slides, rivers and rapids. Enjoy the thrill of Aquaventure Waterpark, explore the Dubai marine life of The Lost Chambers and make your dreams come true at Dolphin Bay. The waters of Atlantis await! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your One&Only The Palm Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only The Palm Dubai Hotel Dubai
- One And Only The Palm Dubai