One&Only The Palm Dubai
$380
Waldorf Astoria
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$299
$318
$370
$348
1,263 results
All reviewsroyal miragezest restaurantsunglasses cleaningbeautiful hotelpool servicepalm dubaiprivate pooljunior suitepersonal butlerpure luxurymoment you arrivecold towelsbest hotel i have ever stayedsister hotelarabian courtthe general managerrain shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice getaway. Far from all the busy Dubai life. It's a classy well maintained resort. Very comfortable and luxurious. Rooms are spacious. Bathroom was fantastic. Nice view. It is a quiet hotel with few rooms and little dining choices. Some would consider this as an advantage and some wouldn't. I would say depending on what you are looking for. Staff is very friendly. Though we encountered an incident at checkout, as we were rudely asked to leave the room immediately at 1pm despite the fact that we had agreed on a late checkout on the day of arrival at 2 am. I would take this as a one junior receptionist action and would not rate everything based on that, especially when someone else more senior had called us back and offered to keep the room until 4pm. I will stay in this hotel again be it as a family trip or an intimate holiday. However keep in mind that prices are in the upper end. So make it count. Cheers

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Zmardam
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my fifth visit to Dubai. Each time I chose a different hotel to try and compare. And the One & Only The Palm is the second best, behind its older sister O&O Residence and Spa (see also my other review of this latter).

The location of O&O The Palm is not very convenient, at the far end of the palm leaf. It takes more than 30 minutes drive from there to the Mall of the Emirates for example. Sure, it is a beautiful estate, tastefully and elegantly decorated in modern middle eastern style. Every details inspire luxury and sobriety. Rooms are located either in the 2 floors main building or in 1 floor mansions scattered throughout the property. Each mansion hosts 8 rooms, 2 of them having private pool. The rooms are spacious, nicely fitted and quite comfortable. I chose to book a beach mansion, but frankly the beach is not that terrific, so it does not worth the extra paid for that.

There are 3 restaurants in the hotel; the "101" is a waterfront restaurant serving mediterranean food and seafood - I did not try it; the "Zest" is the main restaurant serving breakfast and international food; and the "Stay" is a fine dining restaurant by 3 Michelin stars chef Yannick Alléno. Breakfast buffet is good, but dinner at "Zest" is mundane. Food served at "Stay" is delicious, I love the deserts prepared by pastries chef Kevin Lacote, right inside the dining room, in front of the guests.

I've tried the spa once. Choices in spa menu is a little bit limited in my opinion, but spa treatment performed by therapists is good. My kid found the Kids Club so-so, activities proposed are not quite exciting, while some interesting ones could not be provided, due to lack of materials!

Compared to the O&O Residence and Spa, the Palm is missing something which would give it a soul. It's probably mainly due to the staff. When I was at O&O R&S, I really felt at home, among good friends. Everyone greeted me by my name and are genuinely friendly. At the Palm, some staffs are nice and warmful, others are cold and unhappy to say the least (especially Russian/Eastern European staff). The private transfer provided by the hotel is subcontracted to a third party company, which fails lamentably to offer the level of service as expected from O&O (no greetings, no water, no refreshing towel, mute and antipathetic drivers who almost threw guests out of the car upon arrival,...). This is a shame since it tarnishes the overall good impression left by the hotel (especially the room and the restaurant "Stay") and it does not encourage me to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a "double double" room, it is larger than the normal one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This resort have everything we needed, the food was great (tried breakfast only at ZEST) staff was super friendly and very helpful, price was great and everything. Tv had all the channels required to watch my football as in room dining was just perfect.

My only complaint which might not be considered as one was that they don't always pick up the phone when calling or even taking too long to answer.

Other than that the hotel was just perfect, pool side beach were really nice and I'm definitely coming again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BareeK
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are still on holiday at the One & Only at the Palm but I am so blown-away by the venue I was keen to start my review while I was still at the hotel.

Hotel reviews are a funny creature. By nature they are very subjective; as the person that writes them may be happy with a set of standards that would be positively slum like to another. Reviews can be over critical and contain irrelevant details. Or they can be highly accurate and shrewdly observant. Hit and miss definitely. And yet, reviews form a huge part of the decision making process about the final destination for a holiday.

So here is my own maiden review of The One and Only, The Palm, Dubai. I’m going to attempt to write as openly as possible to highlight what is so impressive about this exquisite hotel.

Location
Situated at the end of the West Crescent outer frond of the Palm Jumeirah. The hotel’s location is more remote than hotels in the Marina or Jumeirah. No problem to our family, however not suitable if you are looking to be within walking distance or a five minute taxi ride from shops and restaurants. The hotel run a complimentary service of shuttle buses and boats to the mainland. You are 20 minutes away from the Mall of the Emirates by bus and only 7 minutes from the One and Only Royal Mirage by boat, from which it is simple to catch a taxi. We love the location however because of its slight remoteness, the property is extremely quiet and you feel the serenity of a beach location without the city noise soundtrack that Dubai’s on-going development can cause. (However, it’s worth noting that I don’t have an issue with noise in Dubai, but others who come here do. It’s what you have to expect with a developing city)

Hotel
The One and Only, The Palm is a relatively new property. As you would expect from a One and Only Hotel it is beautifully decorated with attention given to every aspect of furnishing. The Hotel is small with only 90 rooms, this adds to the overall feel of serenity throughout the hotel. The manor house main building houses the two out of three restaurants and a mixture of rooms and suites. The other rooms are dotted around the property built in to separate mansion houses each containing 10 rooms that each has a sea view and direct access to the beach. The hotel is superbly maintained, everything is clean and meticulously presented. Our Palm Beach premiere room, situated in Mansion 5, had a beautiful ground floor terrace that was a few steps away from the beach. A huge main bedroom area with sofa, chair and desk. An array of soft furnishings added to the luxurious feel of the rooms. The biggest bathrooms I have seen in a hotel with separate shower, toilet, freestanding bath and his/her sinks completed the opulence.

Often the most subjective of topics in a hotel review. In our opinion the level of service shown by every member of staff here was absolutely outstanding. The nature of the small hotel should mean that there is a very personal feel about your stay. This is definitely the case at the One and Only, The Palm. Every member of staff that we came in contact with takes the opportunity to greet you warmly. Gardners, maintenance, pool staff, waiters, managers all have the same approach. Their mission it seems is to make guests feel as at home as possible. The staff take the time to learn names and go out of their way to ensure your every need is catered for. Standards of service in Dubai are generally high; however, this hotel is definitely a cut above the rest. We felt more looked after in this hotel than we have done in any other place we have stayed; and we consider ourselves to be well travelled. There are numerous people that need to be mentioned:

Pool – Anil, Ram, Nik, Shashi.
Zest – Kolja, Bonita, Hari, Tony, Jonathan, and Chefey.
101 – Michael and Kevin.
Housekeeping - Dhanuka
Front of house and Concierge - Sebastian, Dean, Shane, Natalya and Olga.

There are other and all have shown an outstanding level of attention to our family far above what you would normally expect, and we have very much enjoyed spending time in their company. They all show specialist knowledge in their field. More than that though, they wanted us to have a good time and went out of their way with special touches such as cards and cakes to help us celebrate two significant celebrations (Something most hotel in Dubai do but not with the detail they showed to us.) These members of staff should be highlighted for the wonderful way they represent themselves and the hotel they work for.

The food is of the very highest no matter which of the three restaurants you eat at, Zest, STAY or 101. I must say the Veal chop with an outstanding Jus that accompanies was sensational, simple but so flavoursome. You cannot eat at any of the restaurants without tasting the desert made by Kevin the patisserie chef at STAY and the Sweet library at the STAY restaurant where they make the deserts in front of you is truly outstanding.

I will try and add to this review once we are back in the UK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Howard_Neate
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this Hotel and truly was an "One and only" experience! The staff are brilliant, smiling and so friendly to everyone! Our room was just perfect, we couldnt have asked for more...a spacious room with a verandha overlooking the beach! Our room was serviced to perfection...fresh fruit placed in our room daily, they would ask us daily if we had any special requests for our room!!
The pool area was looked after very well, there is even a person walking around offering to clean our sunglasses for us! Refilling our water glasses constantly and offering skewers of fruit during the day! We were designated a covered spot on the beach with a sunbed -with our room no! Touch of class!
The front desk, concierge all very helpful! The breakfast was truly splendid and quite a feast each morning- literally everything was on offer! We also ate in the STAY restaurant- in comparison with the other 2 top restaurants we tried in Dubai this was truly the best for us! Service, food was fantastic! The desserts were to die for and very cleverly offered by making them on the spot...you really need to pace yourself and leave lots of room for the FABULOUS desserts they offer!
Spa was professional and totally one of the best Spa's i have been too! We will definitely return to this hotel! Lastly have to end this review by commenting - outstanding, well trained staff employed in this hotel makes this a truly 5 star upmarket,classy hotel!

Room Tip: Palm beach junior suite!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple