“Complete Cultural Experience”

Ranked #24 of 415 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) invites visitors and residents alike to learn about the local culture, customs and religion through its various interactive programmes under the banner and motto of the centre, "Open doors. Open minds.". The SMCCU offers Cultural Breakfast Monday & Wednesday at 10am, Cultural Lunch Sunday through Thursday at 1pm, Dinner every Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7pm and Saturday Brunch at 10:30am. We also offer Tours of the historic district every Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30am and Saturday at 9am which includes a visit inside the Mosque near the Ruler's Court. We also offer educational courses and programmes for students and adults, and arrange private group tours and cultural events for your groups and institutions. Pre-booking and reservations can be made on our website or by contacting our office directly.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you want to visit a mosque while in Dubai, you must visit this center. Sign up for the tour and also the traditional lunch if you can, it's an eye opening experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We visited for the cultural lunch and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting I found this. Food and soft drinks were provided and there was enough for all and more! I came away with a great understanding of their religion and how they live their lives. You were able to ask any question you could think of without offending anyone. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Dubai. There were many people there who have been living in Dubai for years and only just visited and were amazed at what they had learnt. I do not know whether I would personally go again, but only as I believe I found out everything that I would have wanted to know!

2  Thank njs91
Reviewed December 16, 2012

A vital organization that bridges the western world to the regional culture and history. The Ramadan dinner was vital to enriching my understanding of Islam and the regional history and culture.

1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Wonderful opportunity to meet people who understand the culture of Dubai.
We have been there are two different occasions and have enjoyed the conversations with the people who work and volunteer there.

3  Thank DDSo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It gave a real insight into Emirati culture and customs. We were treated to a breakfast of Gemat and chick peas which I loved. I would highly recommend this to tourist and residents alike.

1  Thank luckyangel