“On the balcony - great food and spectacular fountains”
Review of Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar - CLOSED

Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Spreading its wings far from Shoreditch’s Rivington Street original in London, Rivington Grill, Souk Al Bahar was the first to open in Dubai, followed by a second, Rivington Bar and Grill that opened in 2012. The restaurant, located in the cosmopolitan Downtown area, is very well known in Dubai and is famed and loved for its seasonal menu, simplistic décor, friendly staff and fantastic views. The Rivington Grill concept is ‘back to basics’ home cooked food, offering authentic British classics, with what the chef’s call ‘a Rivi twist’.The adjoining terrace is the restaurant’s highlight; sitting over the water ways of the Dubai Fountains, with the Burj Khalifa looming just meters away, it offers one of the best vistas in the city, and makes a great space for sundowners and dinner parties at dusk. As well as the á la carte menu and the blackboard specials, the restaurant also offers ‘The Rivi Lunch Hour’ which is a new take on the common ‘business lunch’, where a 2 course lunch will be all done and dusted within an hour for just 100 AED.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Really good food and service much enhanced by the wonderful fountain display. Some of the fellow guests husstled in front of our table from time to time but to be expected as everyone wants to see the dancing fountains. The food was very good,and cooked precisely as ordered. A lovely experience for ambience and ggood food. £££

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Sir,

It was great to hear you had such a great time in rivington and enjoyed your meal overlooking the fountains. I look forward to welcome you back soon

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Always come here on my days off and this place is consistant. I recommend bar seating because you get your service faster and get to look into the open kitchen which gives you a nice feel that you arent in Dubai and somewhere else. (which is a great thing). There Rib-eye is great in flavor and always properly cooked. (sometimes they have an offf day which is very rare, it is a thinner cut of rib eye ). The $$$ do add up here if you want to order an app,main and desert! Def a come back place.

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

It was lovely to hear of your experience at Rivington grill. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team in the kitchen and on the floor.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visit this restaurant everytime I visit Dubai. This is my favourite place to eat there and watch the dancing fountains by the Burj Khalifa. The food and service is brilliant and the location is just perfect! I recommend the Rivington to everyone I know.

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments the team always appreciates feedback and I will be sure to pass onto the waiters and chefs that you enjoyed your experience with us @ Rivington Grill

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I wanted a place with a good view on the fountains and the burj. This is what the Rivington offered. Unfortunately this was the only positive thing of this place.

I ordered a steak medium-rare. In a grill/steak house you would expect this to be cooked to perfection (especially for a 60$ steak), they served it almost well done!!!

The waitress made a completely mess of the order anyway and was probably in a bad mood this day. She didn't bother a single smile and during the explanations of the day specials, she looked over our shoulders into a far land, probably Romania (where she came from)

All in all a bad experience and a waste of money. You are much better off at any of the other restaurants nearby..

Thank you for taking the time to review Rivington Grill.

Feedback from our guests is very important and I appreciate your comments. I will look into why your steak was not cooked correctly and feedback to our staff member as this is not our usua standard within the resturant.

Once again thank you, and hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went there with my one and only for a light dinner about a month ago. I love this place because i had one of my first romantic experiences with my woman there having dinner overlooking the fountain in december 2010. The food is great, service is helpful and cooperative, and the prices are not bad at all. I love the atmosphere there becasue it is somewhere between casual and classy and it makes the mood very relaxing. Last time I went I only had few starters and drinks and me and my woman chatted away the night while admiring the fountain. The waiters were not overly intrusive and the food came in the right time. I had been away for some time from my fionce and only wanted some quality time and I believe the waiters there understood that. I am away again this time probably for longer then usual and hopefully when I come back and meet my girl again inshala I will most definitly go back there with her. She loves jumeirah restaurants and everything about them and everything they do and from my personal experience I also do. I love her and I also love jumeirah restaurants very much.

1  Thank Buyousif13
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at Rivington Grill - Souk al Bahar, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your lovely commenst, I will pass on your feedback to the team in the kitchen and on the floor.

We look forward to seeing you soon aat the Rivington Grill.

Kind regards