“Did not get the room i booked”

TIME Grand Plaza Hotel
Ranked #81 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, England, United Kingdom
“Did not get the room i booked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I paid a extra £250 for a room with a balcony
When i got to the hotel i did not get a balcony room which i paid extra for
I told the Receptionist who ssaid we are fully booked & you get what you get it does not matter if you have paid extra for any type of room you will only get what we have & we will not refund any extra money paid to you
very poor service if you book a room book the cheapest if you book a room with extras you will not get it

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mohammed46
LayiaPlaza, Manager at TIME Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Mohammed46,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At TIME Grand Plaza Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore concerned department has been notified and necessary corrective measures have been implemented to ensure that incidents of this nature do not re-occur as this is not the standard of service we wish to promote at our hotel.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I only spent one night (had reserved for 2, as a friend invited me over I "deserted" the hotel!) and was extremely well received, even though the receptionist was very busy. I was upgraded to a suite which was most pleasant and vast. The was an sitting room/office which I only used for a moment, as I was very tired, beside a very cosy and well appointed bedroom. I arrived late at night at around 10:30 PM or so. Everything was perfect. The next morning I had breakfast at the restaurant. Great buffet breakfast and plenty of choices. I then needed to use wi-fi to check my emails, etc. That was my only criticism, for I found the charges a bit high ($10 for an hour and if I recall correctly, $ 30 for the day). I did comment on that. A detail, but did find that the 0.5 litre complimentary water bottle a bit minimal and suggested that they offer a proper bottle (1.5 litres) especially if one likes making tea or coffee! in the room. I will certainly return to the Time Grand Plaza next time I visit Dubai.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chernex
Conegliano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Spent only 1 night but wonderfull: Great receptionists: really professionlas. I received a free upgrade to aminisuite.. not reallly mini anyway.. everything have been renewed recently(also the name changerd - the taxi did not know the new mane) and still smells new. Personellreally professional with taste and kindness and simpathy. Had the chance to have a breakefast and it was really good with an asian taste. Only one defect if I may sey so: close to airport but to far for the real dubai so taxi will rip you off a little". >For the rest really nice and elegant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear MassimoB,

First of all, thank you for choosing TIME Grand Plaza Hotel for your visit to Dubai, we appreciate the time you took to complete our trip advisor hotel review. It is only through our valuable customer’s feedback that we can maintain and more important improve the levels of our customer services that we aspire to provide.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our services up to your satisfaction and standards.

Rest assured that your positive comments will be shared with our team members, which will encourage them to maintain their efforts and improve our quality of service every day.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hanau, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed there many times in spring/ summer 2011. The staff is exceptional! Loved the breakfast. Good beds, nice and quiet pool. Awesome and cheap indian food just across the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bonitasteffi
Dear Bonitasteffi,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. Your comments inspire us to always extend the highest level of service to our guests at all times.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Amman, Irbid, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

good service good rooms, with beautiful location and view

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Comfortable beds, great restaurant and lovely pool area, this hotel is fab if you don't mind being a bit away from the centre and close to the airport. There are some tasty restaurants nearby too. The corridors are well soundproofed which makes for a great sleep. My only niggles were that the air con wasn't overtly powerful and had to change rooms because of it, and that the wifi was a shocking 35 dhs an hour when most 4 star hotels give it for free.
This hotel is great for airline crew as they offer discounts for certain airlines too!

Room Tip: You have a choice of either a balcony or a larger room with office space- take your pick!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank VindalooQueen11
LayiaPlaza, Management at TIME Grand Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear VindalooQueen11,

We thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments about the “comfortable beds”, “great restaurant” and “lovely pool area”. Meanwhile, please do accept our apologies with regards to your inconvenience particularly about the AC problem in the room, please note that it has been relayed to our Engineering department and necessary action has been done already. Also, please note that currently, it is the hotel’s management decision to charge the internet, nevertheless, we remain committed in giving our guests the highest level of service and ensure your stay is an enjoyable one

Once again, thank you and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Nr Cambridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed one night in mid-Nov for business.

It's a relatively quick ride from the airport (15 - 20 mins), which is advantageous. However, location isn't great.

There are nearby food outlets, they don't seem to be "haute cuisine" but rather more orientated towards the local industry - lots in the immediate area - want your car tyres changed? Whilst not the most important factor for a hotel, not having a bar is rather disappointing! Yes, it's possible in UAE. Consequently, if you wanted to enjoy the night life (actually, anything in Dubai), you would have to take a taxi. Not ideal if your time is limited.

The room was very well furnished & for the first few hours, very comfortable. However, when I tried to sleep, it became very apparent that there was general background noise that was quite pronounced. It wasn't the conditioning (it was off), nor the mini-bar 'fridge. I tried to sleep, but to no avail. The sound was slightly louder near the window (which looked onto the central atrium - I measured it (very handy iPhone app = Decibel Ultra), 45db average, 50db peak. For interest, 45db = a quiet office, 50db = a normal home. I tried ear-plugs = no good.

So, at 0400 local, I went down to reception to ask for technical help - previously, a receptionist had told me that the noise was from a tourist bus parked outside! Yeah, right!!. An engineer came to my room & told me that the cause was the a/c blowing from very large vents into the central atrium. I opened the room window (into the atrium area) & measured the volume again. This time it was 72db average & 77db peak!!

The engineer couldn't do anything about the noise: I had a very disturbed & uncomfortable "sleep" - as did a colleague whose room faced from the front of the hotel onto the busy main road. Note - a high proportion of rooms face into the atrium or out onto the main road.

So, to me, it was a short & disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Not to the front of the hotel or facing into the atrium!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeJenvey
Dear MikeJenvey,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a disappointing stay for you. Please accept our sincere apology for this experience. Your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I would like to assure you that we are making every effort to ensure that all of our guests can enjoy a comfortable stay with us.