“Total rip-off!! Disrespectful, dishonest, horrible service, and false advertising”
Review of North Tours

North Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Book your Desert Safari Dubai Tour , City Tour, Dhow Dinner Cruise, and all your favorite Local Excursions in Dubai with: The only ISO quality awarded Tour Operator in Dubai. When you travel to Dubai, book your Dubai City Tour, Desert Safari Dubai Tour, Dubai Dhow Dinner Cruise with North Tours; You can expect the best services in Dubai since you are booking DIRECTLY with an experienced Tour Operator with its own infrastructure. North Tours has its own: TWO Desert Safari Campsites FOUR Dhow Cruise Boats A fleet of 4x4 Land-cruisers & Hummers(for Dune Bashing in the Desert) A fleet of luxury vehicles including buses(for Guided Tours of Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, East Coast, Hatta, and Shopping Tours, as well for Airport Transfer services to & from Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaima, & Abu Dhabi International Airport)North Tours welcomes you to the wonderful City of Dubai, U.A.E and we look forward to servicing all your requirements for Excursions, Tours and Holiday Packages.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This company is a ripoff and not only are they dishonest, but also rude and disrespectful. I recently took a desert safari with them and not only was the trip not as advertised or promised in phone conversations, but their driver broke my camera and management has refused to discuss this matter with me (let alone resolve it) and have been extremely disrespectful. Buyer beware!! It seems they just want to steal from you, and don't see you as a customer to be treated with respect and a genuine effort to please. They have still not responded to any of my subsequent emails about this matter, but when I sent an email to the same address from a different account of mine, claiming to want to reserve a tour, they responded within an hour. Same company, same address, totally different response when they see an opportunity to take your money.

During the tour, the guide stopped and told me to get out of the car for a picture. He clearly wanted to finish the tour quickly, doing everything in a rush, and due to this attitude he was careless with my camera and smashed it into the ground. It broke and immediately stopped working and after extensive attempts to fix it immediately in the car and later at my hotel, it still does not work. He was dismissive of the fact that he broke it and claimed that “probably some of your hair got into the lens mechanism” as his excuse. So according to him, I was now the cause. I called the company to report this problem and was told, before I even described the situation, that they could do nothing because all their drivers are independent operators so they are not liable as a company (despite the fact the driver has the company logo on the car and on his shirt, and they say on the website that they own the vehicle fleet). What an easy cop out of any issue with their customers! Just pass the blame to someone else, not very professional, but seems everyone here does that. I asked two different people, 'Javeen' (not sure of right spelling) and the operations manager (who refused to give me his name), to let me describe what happened, but both refused saying they could do nothing for me and that I was wasting their time trying to talk about it. The operations manager in particular was extremely rude, disrespectful and offensive, raising his voice at me and saying I was an “idiot” and “wasting his time”. This is not at all a professional demeanor, with not even a hint of dignity. I tried calling back later and was told that the matter had been reported to a 'Mr. Moon' (not sure of spelling) and I should call him. When I called him, he said he had no idea what I was talking about and dismissed me immediately saying “this is a large company and I don’t know what you are talking about, there is nothing I can do for you, good bye” and hung up. Not even a slight level of customer service saying “I am sorry for this confusion, I can’t help but try XYZ person tomorrow”. Clearly, nobody here at this company cares about their customers once they have collected the payment from you.

Second issue is, when I made my reservation, I was told that this trip included around 45 minutes of dune bashing, a 20-30 minute camel ride, and 20-30 minutes of sand boarding, and I should expect to be back at my hotel between 11:30am or noon. In truth, we did maybe 15 minutes of dune bashing, the camel ride was 2-3 minutes along one side of their desert camp (maybe 100-120 meters long ride), and they did not let me do any sandboarding because the driver claimed he had to be back at the tour office soon. In the end, I was back at my hotel before 10:00am, and this even after a 30min detour to get a credit card machine at their office so I could pay. On the phone they had told me he would have it in the car and I could pay with card no problem, but that was not the case. In essence, nothing they said on the phone was truthful nor did they live up to the service advertised. When the sales rep I made the reservation with said “I am sure the wise, handsome man on the phone is ready to make a reservation now, right?” I should have known this company just wants to swindle you and are solely focused on getting your money, not customer service. So much for their ISO certification and their false claim that they have “the best desert safaris” and “professional” employees. Clearly, when they say on the website that “we don't believe in making an extra buck just because we get a chance” they are trying to cover up and compensate for the truth that in fact THAT IS what they want to do. So buyer beware!!

Thank you North Tours and Desert Rangers Safari (apparently partner/same companies, just different names and website but same phone #) for ruining my stay in Dubai and the rest of my vacation. I spent the rest of my vacation without a camera. You can guess what I will most remember from this trip and mention to anyone I talk to about… to STAY AWAY from your company!!

14  Thank R-Kahuna
NorthTours, Public Relations Manager at North Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear R. Kahuna,

Many thanks for taking your valuable time to write a review about your experience. At the time of your tour, you requested your desert safari guide to take a photograph of your group. Unfortunately, the desert safari guide (whose duty is to drive you in the dunes-not take photographs) agreed to click your picture with your personal camera. By mistake he dropped the camera, and as per our observation you got upset about this and then requested him / our company to compensate you for your camera. As mentioned, taking photographs for tourists is something which we are not obliged to do, however we are in the hospitality industry, hence train our guides to keep guests happy and fulfill their needs and requests. This does not mean however that we are responsible for your belongings.
We are not obligated to pay for any damage to your camera. This claim can be taken up with your travel insurance company if you so wish.

This incident regarding your camera was taken up with our management in response to your threatening emails, which we still have on record. Even though you threatened to write on TripAdvisor if we did not pay you, we do not feel that it is a fair claim. As you have the right to express your views, we also have the right to defend them.
We apologize for any genuine mistakes that occur however if your camera was dropped it was merely human error.

Regards.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I would like to thank you for the beautiful safari day on saturday ,
we have gone with my friends coming abroad and in general , we were
not disappointed and we liked and enjoyed evrything ( pickup on time
,program as expected , tanura show , shisha ,... )

As a guy living in the middle east and hearing a lot of oriental music
, I would just comment on the music played iduring the bellydance show
The bellydancer is quite professional however the second and the third
track are not beautiful at all , and western people siting with us
were bored and upset , they were expecting something more energitic
and capturing than this .

If you need any suggeston I can help .

Mr Tarik ( the 4x4 freelancer )is so professional and I would choose
the same organizer and freelancer for the upcoming safari next month

My best WIshes and thank you

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked 2 tours with them, the marina dhow cruise and the desert safari. We booked the marina dhow cruise last October 25. The indian guy who picked us up was very rude from the start. He called me and told me to go meet him in the lobby of the rose rayhaan quickly. Not even a shred of politeness in his voice. Anyway he took us to the marina and once there I asked him if he will be the one to pick us up after the tour. After the tour was over lo and behold he was not there and we ended up waiting for almost 20 minutes for another van to take us back to the hotel. What kind of customer service is this. Thankfully during our desert safari last October 26, a very nice guide, Haron was very good. He really took good care of us. The company should always try to maintain the efficiency of their staff.

2  Thank drjoeyksa
NorthTours, Public Relations Manager at North Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear drjoeyksa,

We would like to thank you firstly for your feedback about the Marina Dhow Cruise and Desert Safari with North Tours.

We appreciate the positive comment about your safari guide and will strive to improve our pick-up & drop-off before your next visit.

We look forward to assisting you again very soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Me and my friends went for safari yesterday and we had a blast. The guys chilled with sheesha and us girls put on henna tattoos and enjoyed the be;;y dance. We took many cool photos and the driver was so nice he clicked many photos for us.
One tip: don't wear high heel shoes!haha

5  Thank john t
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked our safari tour with North Tours travel agent. Our driver picked us in the afternoon and reached us to the Dezert for reely fun adventure on the sand. i never had a such a nice time with my husband before. We together did camel riding and bbq dinner was also very nice. this is really must do in Dubai.

6  Thank Zainab A