“Sport of Kings in a befitting ambience”
Review of Dubai Polo Academy

Dubai Polo Academy
Ranked #143 of 422 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "The Intro to Polo" - rated by British Airways as one of the top 3 essential things to do in Dubai is a once in a lifetime opportunity that allows individuals to participate in the Sport of Kings. The experience is designed to take you from the ground to riding a polo pony and hitting a ball in less than an hour! It's a safe and fun introduction to the game of polo and even those with no prior horse riding experience are always amazed by their achievements on the impeccably trained polo ponies. All of the traditional polo equipment is provided to ensure that you really do look the part for the absolutely necessary photo opportunities!
Reviewed May 29, 2014

A very well laid out area for gastronomy, leisure, and above all Polo. A perfect oasis in the desert, sublime, tranquil and laid back.

All reviews
"stick and ball"
"polo ponies"
in 9 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2014

First off, let me say this, I ride hunter/jumper (ok did) and have played polo LIMITED at best with my very skilled polo playing twin sister. My husband, who has no fear, has never played but can ride (again, since no fear). This by far was the best experience of our 10 day plus honeymoon. After finding them on trip advisor, (hooray!) i emailed Lizzy to give it a whirl. So GLAD we did. The club is a bit tricky to get to but Lizzy was so kind in advising on directions. And with her emails too! They accommodated our schedule due to British Polo Day, and I must say my only regret is that we didn't just go back! Steve was wonderful and funny, our ponies were perfect, and despite my obviously lack thereof of polo skill, in a quick hour that all left. The ponies are incredible, and I left confident, as i hated that the lesson ended! I will feel much better now when playing with my sister (since i now have a clue) and my husband really loved every second of it. Truly memorable and an experience we won't forget. Steve, thanks for reminding me its time to get back on the pony! Albeit, I'll be at a slow canter, shoulders back! ) :) Brilliant, really. Do yourself a favor and go. Well worth the price. And so much so since I now want to ride again. Do take pics though- we were too busy having fun and forgot!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I read lots of reviews about novices playing polo here, but I was hoping the experience would be good for my husband too who is an experienced polo player. We signed up for a lesson (as this was required by the academy) but on the day of the lesson they called to say the instructor was sick and asked if we wanted to stick and ball for an hour instead. This was really what we wanted to do anyway, so we agreed. My husband was put on an outstanding polo pony and he had a great time playing on the polo field for 40 minutes or so. Afterwards, everyone was friendly and we enjoyed the amazing atmosphere and people at the club. We will definitely be back. We tried to visit Dubai Polo Club which is across town to play as well but were completely blown off by the staff even though we sent an email a week prior asking to visit and play. When we arrived the manager was called by the staff member and he wouldn't even talk to us on the phone! We won't be going there again, but we will return to Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club, the home of Dubai Polo Academy. Great job!

1  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Before you might have throughout that by making the ball move you have immediately become a so called "polo player". Steve is trolly one of the only coaches, who, would explain all of the problems that you might have and try to solve them in every session. Its all about "looking trolly cool", he would tell you and make you strive for the best "polo player" you can be every time you approach the shot. One must also forget about everything that they have learned before as it is all about physics with Steve and nothing about measuring your swing according to the horse, which in my view makes much more sense. After a lot of talking, laughing and joking around anyone would find that by the end of that session, week, month you would be put well on your way of being called a "polo player" and looking just a little bit cooler then when you came through the academy doo.

1  Thank Lops2014