“Good value, great room nice pool”

AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel
Ranked #115 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had a 3 night stay. Location is good for business and convenient for the airport being only 15 minutes away. On arrival I had a free upgrade to a suite room which which had huge living room, excellent bed and jacuzzi. All the amenities were top class but particularly enjoyed the roof top pool which was about 20m long. Overall strong recommendation and good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mark M
There are newer reviews for AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel in october. Was not sure of the location. But it was perfect. Lot of super markets near to the hotel. Reef mall is very nice for shopping and is only 200 mts from the hotel. Metro station is also very near only 2 minutes walk. Lots of Indian restaurants near by. Annpurna Indian restaurant near the hotel is superb. Ansar gallery and lulu are very near to the hotel.

Rooms are well kept. All furniture is latest and room has all amenities that one would think of. House keeping staff are great. They always used to keep a water bottle next to my bed. Good personal touch.

Staff at reception was good. Check in and check out was very fast and without any hassle.

The best staff was at their concierge desk. They were always smiling and attended to all our needs instantly. Thanks to Basher, John and Nishat for making us feel so special. Kuldeep Singh the hotel employee was very friendly and one of the best human beings I have met overseas. Kuldeep and I am going to be good friends in the future. Thanks kuldeep for being so kind to us.

Overall an excellent stay and will suerly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank dayaldua
Reviewed October 10, 2013

At a recent stay at the Deira Movenpick, myself and a number of others also staying had a wonderful experience. The facilities were nice (pool area and room), but the service was great. The staff was very accommodating, especially the Executive lounge server Ariel. He was courteous, prompt, and helpful. Thanks for making our recent stay at the Movenpick enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Erik G
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent hotel, well appointed and maintained. Clean. Staff anxious to serve. Excellent level of English by most staff. About ten minutes from the airport terminal, this means it is not in the most desirable part of Dubai, rather the older part of town. There is a metro stop about 100 yards from the hotel. Bellmen can hail a taxi but this may take a few minutes depending on time of day. Rooms are good sized and well furnished, sound proofing is good, air conditioning excellent. Breakfast buffet is typical European and extensive. This appears to be primarily a business hotel although some airline crews are observed here. Book early to obtain a decent rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CaptainCruisingnet
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked this hotel for its location and for what it offers, such as a free shuttle to a private beach at the Jumeirah Palm. I booked an executive room as we were in Dubai for a week as part of our honeymoon and the hotel and staff were incredibly helpful and kind. My wife travelled in from Germany while I travelled in from Afghanistan. She arrived early in the morning and when she arrived at the hotel they had our room ready for occupation and allowed her to wait for me in our room without any additional charge. Not only was this a very nice gesture on their part but the room was so incredibly presented. My wife had to take photos as she was worried that she might disturb it before I arrived. The executive room came with additional benefits such access to the executive lounge where we were able to have breakfast in a very nice and quiet environment, complimentary afternoon tea and later complimentary happy hour. Two hours of each! Access to coffee and tea as well as bottled water and soft drinks all day till 11:00 pm each day. Happy hour also came with your choice of alcohol. We cannot speak highly enough of the hotel and its staff and management. You have made our week long stay memorable and we would most definitely stay again. If I could give you six stars I would!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frankvassallo
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Congratulations once again on your wedding. We are pleased to know that we were able to contribute to this special occasion, with the room upgrade and the room set up. It is always great to make special occasion all the more memorable.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Every year I travel Dubai to visit my friends and to explore the beauty of its own.I stayed in Moevenpick Hotel for the second time and what I can say is..." it's the best place to stay",because of their excellent service,the staff are very friendly which I met one of them named Jay Dy,he always assist me every time he saw me in the lobby and called for a taxi for my tour.This hotel is full of compliments which treated me like a princess.A hearty, hospitable reception or greeting, as I got a very warm welcome when I arrived and the same thing when I checked out.I will definitely be back in this hotel,an amazing place to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mariauk1983

It is great that you have chosen to stay with us again. We very much value our return guests and do already look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Luxurious, clean, spacious, 10 min from airport, there’s a metro station in 5 min walk
Good buffet breakfast and friendly staff (except some doormen)

Not cheap but very good quality

Surprisingly quiet for having all planes passing over it, very good sound isolation in rooms, you can hear some noise from the planes at night but it’s not a problem at all

The two things I didn’t like were:
1- the lazy doormen. Traveling with a baby, a pregnant wife and a baby stroller a bit of help from them would have been appreciated to take the stroller out of the taxi but most times they were not very helpful, on the last night when we arrived to the hotel there were three of them chatting and none bother to help me take the stroller out of the taxi,neither did they open the door... is it not that they are there for????!!!
2 - Overpriced airport transfer. With such cheap taxi fares, the hotel airport transfer is very overpriced

Ah! For God shake, give toothbrush as standard, just give it and people will decide if they want to use it or not, having to ask for it is a bit lame for a hotel of this category

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Peterson76

We are truly sorry for the shortfalls you encountered with the unhelpful Concierge Team. Please rest assured this has been addressed. The price difference in transfers is mainly due to the hotel car being a limousine equipped with free WIFI as well as a very short waiting time at the airport upon arrival. We are however glad that on the overall you had a great stopover in Dubai.