“I was truly pleased with the room, as well as the service”

AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel
Ranked #101 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Kandahar, Afghanistan
“I was truly pleased with the room, as well as the service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker, and I was truly impressed with the service, as well as the entire hotel as a whole. It was truly unfortunate that I checked in so late, because I would have loved to have toured the surrounding area....but again, I got there so late that everything was closed. I would have liked to have experienced the restaurant and the food, but once again, I checked in too late to experience the dinner, and checked out too early to experience the Breakfast. :o( However, all in all, from the little bit I did get the opportunity to see....I was truly impressed. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, and everything was truly State of the Art and it was very clean. Hopefully the next time I decide to stay in this hotel, I'll be able to give a more thorough review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Grace L
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are delighted to learn that we were recommended to you by a co-worker and at the same time, we are glad that we were able to meet with your expectations. Although your stay was short, we are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We do hope to have you back and serve you for a slightly longer period on Moevenpick Hotel Deira.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Moevenpick for 4 nights, and I enjoyed our stay. I don't know how the star ratings are given, the hotel seemed more in keeping with other 4* hotels I've stayed in, rather than 5*.

I have nothing to complain about, but didn't feel they went out of their way to provide a 5* service. When we arrived it was early and our room wasn't ready, so we asked if we could use the executive lounge, they hesitated, then agreed. Once in the lounge we asked for a coffee, which they brought to us, but a pastrie, or fruit to go with it would have been nice. No one was still eating breakfast, but the food was still there, so it wouldn't exactly have been any trouble.

On a couple of occasions, in the evenings, when my husband asked for 2 drinks, they bought one over for him and then left without giving me a drink, or asking what I wanted.

The housekeeping service was okay, but not perfect, one day we didn't get a paper, another day, flannels. The first night I had used the cover on the bed, so when it was missing the next day I asked where it was. The maid got it out of a cupboard, and left it folded on the bed, rather than make it up for me.

I have stayed in 5* hotels where they just can't do enough for you, and there is a real wow feeling when you enter your room. This hotel does the basics, but in my opinion, that's it.

Now for the good things. The staff in reception were all lovely, both at the desk, and by the door. Breakfast was excellent, with plenty of choice. The executive lounge was well worth having. We had breakfast downstairs, but often popped in to the lounge during the day for a drink, or afternoon tea, if we were around. The evening free drinks, and canapies went down very well, and we often stayed on, just sitting looking out over the city.

We used the metro from the airport, which was easy to use, although you do have to change trains. The metro station was a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

The pool isn't that big, but we often had it to ourselves, so not a problem. We couldn't hear the aircraft at all in our room, and up by the pool my husband loved watching the A380's on their final approach.

The shuttle bus to the beach was a great service, and we enjoyed our day by the sea. Although we were just dropped off, with no instructions as to where to go, or where to meet the shuttle for the return journey.
We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was nice, and the chocolate treats, mid-afternoon were lovely.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth paying the extra for.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twig
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
First and foremost, we are truly sorry we were not able to meet with your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and have addressed the latter with the relevant Department Head on property to arrange for the required re- training.

On a more positive note, we are glad that you liked the hotel location and you enjoyed the weather due to the complimentary beach access. We are glad to read that you have found the choice of breakfast excellent. We look forward to having you again at the Moevenpick Hotel Deira.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I use to stay in this hotel with my airline. Now, I'm having a vacations by myself and I decided tp stay here, because this hotel is amazing. Very clean, staff very helpfull and available. people make the places. Its a very good choice. Lots of supermarkets around and also subway. Perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Suzinhaa
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
It is great to read you were choosing Moevenpick Hotel Deira as your vacation hotel and Dubai as your destination. We are happy to learn that you have once again enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel either as part of your crew or as a holiday maker.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed at Movenpick Diera on the first leg of our honeymoon & it was our first time in Dubai.

From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel welcome (always nice after overnight flight) plus our room was ready for an early check-in. Room was set up specially with rose petals etc & a card welcoming us; lovely touches.

We later received cake to help us celebrate; never asked for it & was all included as their way of making our stay memorable.

We have travelled a lot and I must say the Movenpick Diera had some of the BEST staff we have ever come across. Ola, John & Rodel on the 'bell desk' (concierge) remembered our names immediately & were always offering to help us make the best of our days by booking tours, dinners & chauffeur cars. Great job guys!!

Diera wasn't the perfect location for us but being our first visit we werent to know. We spent much of our time in the vicinity of the Palm Jumeriah, the two biggest Malls (Dubai mall & Mall of the Emirates) and Dubai marina but taxis in Dubai are cheap. Movenpick also offers free shuttle transfer to allied hotel (Oceania) on the stem of the Palm where you can use Pool & Private Beach facilities for free.

To sum up; service perfection and its often the 'people' who make the most impact on your travel experience. Well done team at Movenpick Diera.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Kaygee79Aus
Once again, congratulations and best wishes to you and your wife. We really appreciate your comment about people making an impact on travel experience and are glad that some of our team members could make an impact on your travels to Dubai. Thank you for your detailed feedback and all the best for the future. We would love to be your host again soon.
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Returned yesterday from a three night stay at this hotel, bolted on to a seven day cruise around the UAE. There is nothing to dislike about this hotel. It is excellent in many ways. We arrived at 10.00am (far too early) and reception went out of their way to find suitable rooms that were immediately available. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotless and impressive. The restaurant was good value for both food and drinks (including alcohol) and there is a gym and (smallish) roof top pool with an attentive life guard! There is some aircraft noise, but if interested, they can be watched taking off from the pool area. In conclusion, this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. I would love to return and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank chrisr4
We hope you have returned safe and sound from your trip to Dubai and your cruise around the UAE. Thank you for sharing your experience at the Moevenpick Hotel Deira with the Trip Advisor Community. Your praises have been shared to the team and we are all looking forward to your next visit. We hope to serve you again in the not so distant future.
Sydney
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Short taxi ride from Airport, small walk to underground trains/metro = perfect for Stop overs.
Pool area good enough for 1 or 2 nights, Hotel very clean and well maintained. BREAKFAST was really excellent! and staff very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank vacanze99
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you find Moevenpick Hotel Deira to be a perfect stopover hotel for travelers passing through Dubai. It is also our pleasure to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and thank you for the positive feedback regarding our team members which is truly rewarding and motivating for them. We look forward to serving you again.
Sur, Oman
Reviewed April 5, 2013

1)Staff
The the reception staff are very helpful and friendly. They are always smiling and tendering their services to customer. Many thanks and appreciation to Mr.Bechier بشير for his support and help. He is very active and very customer oriented. i must say i will come back to this hotel only because of him. Big thanks Bechier and keep it up.
2)Location
Hotel location is in Diera area which is very close to the Dubai International Airport ( around 15 miuntes max). this hotel is close to Dubai Metro station ( abu Baker alsiddique) it is just walking distance, you only need to get out of the hotel and turn left, cross one road and you face Emarat petrol fuel station, keep going for 2 minutes and you are in the station. There is one good supermarket attached to the hotel from back side.
3)Room services
The room services is up to standard and whenever you call they will immediately attend to your request with pleasure. Their cleaning is very good.
4)Concierge staff:
very smiley and helpful. Whenever you ask for taxi they will immediately arrange for you. Thanks to all of them especially Mr. John
5)Hotel facilities, there is swimming pool in the 6th floor and fitness gym. The gym consists of three tredmil techno gym brand and some other equipment. It is a good gym.
Only food variation need to be improved to reflect the 5 star grade. There was not much food variety as it should be for 5 star hotel

Room Tip: i stayed at room 315 which facing backside and it was quite. so choose back side rooms for quiteness...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Abu M
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, in particular Bechier. Your detailed comments about the rooms, facilities and our Concierge are further noted. John really appreciated your feedback. Your remarks about the food quality are addressed with our Culinary Team for their action. On the overall, we are glad that our location was convenient to you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Moevenpick Hotel Deira.