“Best of the best”

AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel
Ranked #111 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
“Best of the best”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was in this hotel for 5 nights in executive room,every things in the room and hotel was perfect.large and clean room has two LCD TV with full furniture,every thigs you want is ready in this calm room...you can use free drinks and snaks(executive rooms).There is free shuttle to oceana club in jomeira beach,a joyfull place for leisure...Hotel staff are coaprative and polite and everythings in this hotel is very good,thank you moevenpic hotel deira!
I will be back to your hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Mehrz
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was further a pleasure to read your comment on the Oceana Beach Club. Please rest assured your feedback about our team members and our service has been shared to everyone as it is rewarding and motivating receiving positive comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I quote from a website: " In 4-star hotels, the staff knows what they are supposed to do, and they have an idea about what great service is. In a 5 star establishment, excellence is demanded from everyone every day. Mistakes are always reviewed. Follow through is always done. The best employees are always recognized. Everyone works like they have a personal stake in the property. To put it bluntly, good is never good enough…employees in 5 star properties strive to be perfect all the time."

Then I must say I did not receive 5-star treatment in Movenpick Deira Hotel when I was there from 21 to 24 Mar 2013.

The hotel was very pleasant, comfortable, quiet and well kept, but that's about it. If I read the website correctly, this is what is expected of a 4-star hotel.

Firstly, on the night I checked in, I requested for 2 dental kits and 1 shaving kit, because this 5-star hotel did not provide any in the bathroom. We also wanted to go to the nearby supermarket to get something but we waited for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, we decided to stop waiting and went out. After we came back, still nothing. I went to sleep without brushing my teeth (eeekks). The next morning, we we had to call again for the dental and shaving kits, else we would have gone out for sightseeing with smelly breathes and tardy looks.

I realized I did not get a newspaper in the morning from Mr 5-star. I thought, maybe because I did not request for it. So stupid me went to the concierge desk (the check in counter refuse to attend to me and told me to go to the concierge desk, which is labeled as bell desk by the way), and requested for an English papers for the next morning. It didn't came, for the next 2 mornings. Why I didn't request again? Oh, I think I'm too lazy to go around begging for amenities and newspapers.

On the third evening, I came back to my room to find my shirt crumbled and stuffed behind the flat screen tv. My husband said "Well, you threw it on the bed right?". Oh yes, I did lay my shirt on the bed, but after that the housekeeping decided it will be better to stuff it behind the tv. That's my fault.

I was initially struggling about paying so much more to stay in a 5-star hotel, and of course I had anticipated so much more in return. The above episodes gave me such disappointments that I had overlooked the lack of fresh flowers, no taxi-hailing voluntarily by the staff, the one-quarter full welcome drink, terrible plane noise at the pool, etc.

Did I tell you they don't provide combs as well? No problem, I bought one at the nearby supermarket.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SW W
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing stay experience with us and at the outset, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. The services you received and as described are certainly not reflective of our usual high standards and I am truly sorry we were not able to meet with your expectations.

Your detailed feedback has been addressed with the respective Department Heads to investigate the shortfalls and to ensure the appropriate actions are taken where required.

I have further noted the incident with your crumpled shirt stuffed behind the flat screen TV. To be able to identify who was assigned to your room, I would very much appreciate if you could contact me on hotel.deira@moevenpick.com so I could gather more details from you. Your additional feedback would be very valuable to us to take action and to prevent re occurrences.

Once again, we are truly sorry and I do look forward to hearing from you with more details.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked 5 executive rooms for our wedding anniversary with 8 friends. We were all upgraded free of charge to junior and executive suites. The staff presented us with a anniversary cake and beautiful flowers. This is a fantastic city centre hotel near the airport and shopping areas. It has its own pool on the roof and also access to another beautiful pool on the beach with free daily transport. The executive lounge is fantastic. This was our second visit to this hotel. Will definitely go again. Thank you for making our stay special.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank nchoprasoods
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Once again, congratulations on your wedding anniversary. We are glad that we were able to contribute to a special stay for yourself and your friends. It is a pleasure to read that on the overall, you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Dubai. This was a nice hotel to stay in. We made use of the free shuttle to the Ocean Beach Club at Palm Jumeirah. Also we had an executive room so got free drinks which was definitely worth paying for! Staff were helpful and friendly. Would recommend

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AceyGracey
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us and with the Trip Advisor Community. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and to read about your recommendations. We do look forward to be of service to you soon again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel, don't hesitate to book it...you will have a wonderful stay.

We arranged for transportation from the airport and had no problems, driver was waiting at airport when we arrived even though our flight was delayed almost 2 hours.

We arrived at 2 in the morning and were warmly greeted by Bashar at reception who was very friendly and attentive. Our room was ready and prepared as requested - due to health issues we had asked for a strictly non smoking room and they took note of that which we greatly appreciated.

We chose to book the Junior suite and take advantage of the club benefits which was a great decision. Business lounge benefits include a nice selection of light snacks throughout the day, and water, juice and alcoholic beverages are also available.The room was very large, clean and comfortable, perfect for our family of 3 but could easily accommodate a family of 2 adults/2children. Two large tvs in the room with lots of great channels. Plenty of storage space in both bedroom and bathroom which was huge - double sinks, separate tub and shower.

Water and tea/coffee are complimentary, there's a nespresso machine in the room.

Internet service is very fast and reliable.

The location is really very good! Only a 5 min walk to metro, easy access by metro to Dubai mall, souks, and other parts of the city. They also offer free shuttles to various locations - Oceana the Palm Jumeirah (their beach club), mirdif city centre, dubai outlet mall and deira city centre. It is near the airport and you can sometimes hear the airplanes flying by but it did not interfere with our quality of sleep at all. We were actually surprised at how quiet the room was, even though we were on the 4th floor and facing the street.

There is a market right beside the hotel (closes at 2 am), a 24 hr hyper market across the street, and a pharmacy also nearby.

Breakfast is very, very good. Great selection of breads, cheese, cold cuts, fruits, an egg station and lots of arabic breakfast staples too.

The service everywhere in this hotel is spectacular - from reception, to the restaurant, to gym, pool, even at the Rivoli gift shop. Sam at the restaurant was wonderful and always greeted us with a big smile, great start to the day. There are a few other people who stood out but unfortunately I can't remember their names. The main restaurant (where breakfast is) is open 24hs and children under a certain age (can't remember the exact cut off age) eat for free whether they eat from the buffet or a la carte.

The pool is small but it's fit for purpose, even though it can be hard to find a sun chair. But since it's in the terrace you get more sun than if the pool were located on the ground floor, which is a big plus!

And last but not least, don't miss the chocolate hour every day from 5 to 6pm at the lobby. Different treats everyday made with the finest Swiss chocolates, yum!
We were lucky enough to meet executive chef Salvatore Silvestrino in one of those afternoons, and what a pleasure that was -he gave us the most delicious dates to try at chocolate hour accompanied by great conversation!

Our only feedback would be to make the loyalty program free to join.

Room Tip: The junior suite was large and perfect for a family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 3hearts
It is wonderful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated. I am certain it will help other travellers to make decisions on their accommodation in Dubai. Your comments, notes and praise have been shared with the entire team here at the hotel as it is motivating and rewarding to receive such positive feedback. We would also like to thank you on behalf of Chef Salvatore, as he really enjoyed your conversation. Thank you once again for your support of the Moevenpick Hotel Deira.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed there January 2013 with my family. We decided to go for junior suite and use club floor services. Great decission and worth of the small supplement. Room was big and spacious for 3 people. Small balcony overviewing airport and metro. The club services where just great and we enjoyed a lot the happy hours. Dont miss the All you can eat night in Wok In restaurant. Great selection of sushi, asahi beer and saké. Clean roof top pool. Although the hotel is not in the prime location and the planes are flying just above you, it has an easy access. Metro 200m, various shuttles to the malls and to their beach club at the Palm Jumeirah. It is far better to stay here than being in some hotel at the beach and end up by paying double. We will definitely consider this hotel for the next stay.

Room Tip: Dont hesitate to get upgrade for club rooms, the extra services are worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Petr S
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback in TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you had an enjoyable experience and appreciate the comments from your stay last January 2012. We are glad that you overall like our hotel facilities and the services we provide made your stay an enjoyable one. We do hope to welcome you back to Moevenpick Hotel Deira.
Muscat
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great hotel with fantastic location
Front desk staff was great
Helped me with a early check in even thought I had not requested
Very lovely stay and it was my second time here
Definetly wil visit again
Breakfast spread is also great
Keep it up

• Stayed February 2013
Anke G, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We are glad to read that you have once again enjoyed your stay with us.

We also do appreciate your positive comments about breakfast. We are looking forward to being of service to you again soon.