“One of the best hotels in Dubai”

AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel
Ranked #115 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This ins't as fancy and classy as Atlantis or The Address Hotel. But it does have certain and important factors that it can be better than many hotels in Dubai. The best thing of the hotel is the service and its staff. We reached the hotel to check in. We found out that our room was the Junior room. The hotel offered us a free upgrade to the executive room at the 5th floor that has a larger and more spacious room, a Jacuzzi and more. There was also a breakfast lounge right next to the rooms with a wide variety of selections. I highly recommend you to try their Smoked Salmon, it was really delicious. All of the choices were fantastic. Few hotels have a wide selection and as a good a breakfast as what Movenpick offers.

The room was the most shocking and surprising thing of the hotel. The rooms are really spacious with a lot of wonderful stuff: the furniture is strong and clean. The master beds are really large and comfortable while sleeping on. The extra bed itself was really comfortable, which is not commonly seen in many hotels. The atmosphere and the scent of the room shows how clean it is. You feel fresh while entering it.

The room has most of the appliances you need. The drinks and other stuff are all free. I remember entering the room and seeing cakes, sweets and dates placed on the table as a gift from the manager. I have to say the staff really care about the enjoyment of its visitors. There are two tables to place your laptop on in the executive room, a comfortable chair to lie on while reading a book. The rooms are well decorated with wonderfully carpeted floors, frames on the walls, wooden furnitures and translucent glassed cupboards. The colors of the furniture blend in very well and are neatly placed. The room was generally neat and clean.

The bathroom was wonderful too. The sinks were wide and clean. The soaps are all right next to you. The Jacuzzi was comfortable to relax in with a strong water pressure that relaxes your back. The Jacuzzi is highly recommended to try after returning from a hard and tiring journey. The shower area was covered with a glassed wall. Inside it, you can use the water handle to wash your body and on top of you the water falls down you to nourish your hair. The water heating system works pretty simply. The flush in the toilet is quick by pressing a single button. Actually the flush system is faster than most places i have seen before.

The most interesting of the staff was the guy at the information centre. He knows all you want know about Dubai. He can recommend you the best restaurants in Dubai according to your requests. He told us that Table 9 restaurant isn't that good. We tried it and he was right. As a matter of fact, when he recommends you to go to a place, and when you return he asks you if you enjoyed your time. His opinion and information isn't from the computer. No, it is from the feedback he took from all the visitors. I nickname him the "genius of Dubai"

During my last day staying at the hotel, I asked the staff at the restaurants to take photos. They were kind enough to me to show me around their new Chinese restaurant to take photos. The staff was really kind and helpful whenever we needed them.

If there is one hotel I wish to return to, it has to be Movenpick Deira.

Room Tip: Choose the executive room. It has a good price and worth every penny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yousif M
Michael N, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Yousif M,

Thank you very much for your very detailed review. Our team in the hotel had bright smiles when reading your feedback. They all work hard to ensure our guests such as yourself leave the hotel with a smile and provide great feedback such as what you did on Trip advisor.
Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience and we are all looking forward to welcome you again in Mövenpick Hotel Deira soon.

There are newer reviews for AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight stopover on the way to Kuala Lumpur. Our flight arrived into Dubai at 07.00 hours and we were aware that check in was not until early afternoon. On our arrival at the hotel at about 08.00 am, within 10 minutes of arriving the lovely lady on reception had allocated us an early check in, 2 rooms side by side and had upgraded us to the club level. We could not fault this hotel, it was clean & modern with friendly, efficient staff. The proximity of it to the airport means it is ideal for business or leisure or if you are on a short stopover. The breakfast buffet was sufficient with a choice to suit all, fresh juices, pastries, egg station, noodles, fruit, cereals & hot cooked selection. We did not have dinner at the hotel as we were a little limited with choice. The buffet restaurant was open, but as it was ramadan the wok in restaurant was closed & the Spiritz did not allow children. The hotel has a rooftop pool with sunbeds, which is ideal for a short stay. We would have no hesitation on returning here and thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Michael N, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear HelenBNelson_UK ,

Thank you very much for your kind review. The hotel team was delighted to read such a positive review of the hotel and its services. The team works hard to ensure all our customers enjoy their stay with us and we are always very happy to read that it was a success.

We all hope to welcome you again in Moevenpick Hotel Deira soon,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very good location, trained staff and nice hotel at affordable rates.Very near to Dubai Airport. Spacious and clean rooms. Housekeeping is very good as well as concierge.Walkable distance to Dubai Metro station and taxis are available at any time.

Room Tip: Very spacious rooms. Rooms are with sound proof window glasses.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Saji k,

Thank you very much for your review. Our team is always delighted to read such reviews displaying the hard work they do to please all our guests. We all look forward to welcome you again in Moevenpick Hotel Deira soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

After becoming ill and missing my flight back to work, I was forced to stay in Dubai for 4 days longer than I had intended. I had no hotel reservations anywhere and was frantic to find a place. Grumpy, disheveled, and fresh from the hospital, I went to the Moevenpick to see if they had a room available. Apparently everyone else was checking in as well, because the wait was interminable. I was determined to keep my cool, and made sure to be polite to the reception staff; they were dealing with some difficult customers. To my delight, they had a normal room available, as well as a deluxe suite (I had been to two other hotels previously, both booked to capacity). They thanked me for waiting, and upgraded me to the deluxe suite at no extra charge. I had initially been under the impression that I would only have to stay in Dubai for one extra night, so booked for that. Every day, my company would inform me that I would need to stay another night, so I had to extend my stay which the staff at the Moevenpick did with ease, allowing me to keep the upgraded room and the same rate. They were gracious and helpful (and had free wi-fi!) and really made an impression on me. The suite was great and room service was delicious, but the pool could have used a few more lounge chairs. Overall, I really didn't mind the extra time in Dubai staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maria P
Michael N, General Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Maria P,

First and Foremost, thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor; I am also glad that you are now better and that the hotel team looked after you. I am happy to let you know that we have now added an additional 6 bin bags at the pool which provides more relaxing space for our guests.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the hotel.

Warm Regards from Dubai,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed for over a month in this hotel. The service was excellent. I especially was impressed with the service staff- Shihab, and the executive pounge ladies whom were always extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom L

Dear Tom L,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in the Hotel. We are always delighted to read that our Guest enjoy their time in the establishment and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again.

See you soon in Mövenpick Hotel Deira,

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The plus side: This is a well-run, newly opened property, which is very affordable, yet comfortable. It is hard to find a comfortable, first rate hotel in Dubai for well under US$200/night, breakfast included. This hotel has great perks, namely the free shuttle and admission to a prime beach club on Palm Jumeira and free shuttle to the outlet shopping village (which is a pricey taxi ride as it's far from town). I am not sure why I had the fortune, but my low cost room was upgraded to a well appointed suite, which made me very happy. The breakfast spread is nice. The room service was tasty but relatively pricey. The shuttle to the beach club does take 30 minutes each way, but it was always on schedule and I was there for some beach time, so the lost hour to daily shuttle commuting didn't bother me. Lastly, this property is very proximal to the DXB airport, which makes it very cheap and quick to get to and from DXB.

The down side: The hotel is 15 - 30 minutes from the major malls. These are Dubai highlights so the distance is an annoyance and there are no shuttles. The taxis are cheap and access to the metro is opposite the hotel, but the metro is mostly useless and relying on taxis can be a hassle. I suppose the distance factor is what keeps the price of the rooms down. Also, steer clear from the bar and restaurants that serve dinner. I ate at the Japanese place, and the food was barely passable. Although I am a fanatic of Japanese cuisine and my standards are high. With the plethora of great dining options in Dubai, don't waste your money at the hotel establishments. The bar was a pathetic scene as well, steer clear.

All in all, if you want quality, comfortable accommodations in Dubai, with beach access (although indirect), without breaking the bank, this is the place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brooklynite_Abroad
Dan B, Operations Manager at AVANI Deira Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Brooklynite_Abroad,

Thank you for your feedback and time you took to write it. We always value feedback and try to focus our trainings based on them. Indeed, the access to the beach for a hotel in the Deira area is unique and all our guests enjoy having the opportunity to go at least once during their stay at the Oceana Beach club.

Wok in is mainly a Pan Asian restaurant which offers specialties from the South East Asian region such as Singaporean, Malaysian, Indonesian and Chinese specialties. I have however shared your comments to our Executive Chef and we will be reviewing the quality of the Japanese Dishes.

I wish you a great summer ahead, and hope to welcome you again,

Dan

A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My experience with the Moevenpick Hotel Deira in Dubai was amazing. The bed was very soft a felt like a bed of feathers.The staff was completely professional and courteous. But once they came to try to clean my room at 10:00 pm which I declined...seriously, 10:00 pm?!!! The concierge there saved us a ton of money with his insight and recommendataions which were invaluable. The hotel restaurant served very fresh sushi...Wednesday is the best time to go because there is a discounted special that is available. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again if ever an opportunity arose.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review on trip advisor. We always value feedback as we learn a lot from it and it also helps us improving our service quality and focus on guest needs. I sincerely hope we welcome you again and wish you a good summer ahead,

Dan