“Excellent Hotel Choice and Friendly Employees!”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #37 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent Hotel Choice and Friendly Employees!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed in this lovely property during the month of May for a business trip. The seminar took place at the same hotel. The property is well located and is walking distance from the Dubai metro station. The suite was way too good with great amenities selection and nice decoration. Well-equipped gym, a stunning pool located on the 8th floor overlooking Dubai City. Efficient and tasty room service and fantastic buffet breakfast. The meeting room was well equipped and sound proofed with no disturbance at all during the 3 days.
As for the employees from reception “warm welcome” to F&B ending with housekeeping they all went beyond their way to make our stay a memorable one. I would definitely recommend this hotel for Business Travellers and Leisure. Keep up the good job!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Muhieddine,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities as well as the service provided by our team and our lobby. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with the team
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.
Michael Nugent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Ham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Second time here with my girlfriend, stayed for 7 days. Upon arrival the staff were courteous, friendly and welcoming. They showed me to my room which was the standard room overlooking the front of the hotel. Room was nice and spacious with a welcoming message on the TV. Four complimentary bottles of water were provided every day along with fresh towels. Cleaner of the room always did a fantastic job.

Breakfast was 120AED (£20) each which was worth every penny - fresh fruits, juices, teas, coffees, cereal, pastries, eggs cooked 'as you like', sausages, beans etc!! U name it they have it!

The hotel has 5 different restaurants in it - Italian, Chinese, Indian, Moroccan and International. They also have special offers on each day for guests to sample different cuisines at brunch which is well worth enquiring about.

The rooftop pool is great for a relaxing spot in the sun overlooking part of Dubai's fantastic skyline. Towels are provided, waiters are at your service at all times. Vincent was my waiter most of the time - nothing was impossible and he always provided a 5 star service. Lifeguard Bilal was also very helpful in showing us where the local markets were to visit and even provided us a tourist book of Dubai.

The hotel has a linked private beach which is on one of the Palms. Stunning views, warm waters, great pool and service. You have to book the private bus which runs every hour and transport to the beach is only 10 mins away.

Will return again and again, paradise!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paulie L
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Paulie,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our breakfast spread, our Oceana Beach Club and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Vincent, Bilal and the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on a layover to Switzerland. I have nothing bad to stay about this hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. There was a lot of choice at the breakfast buffet but the food did not impress me. It was not terrible but it was not great either. The seafood and meat buffet for dinner on the other hand was excellent. I was able to choose the seafood and meat that I wanted to have grilled which was really great. The seafood was superb and so were the accompaniments.

The location of the hotel was probably not as convenient. It is a little out of the way from everything.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here but due to location would probably choose a different hotel if returning to Dubai.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Looch00
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your feedback about dinner with the executive chef and the entire team.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Excellent hotel with a combination of business and holiday makers. The staff are very helpful and welcoming. The food was excellent and could not be faulted there was always something available to meet any taste. On top of this there are three very good restaurants, Sicilian, Chinese and Indian all well worth a visit. There is a courtesy bus service to a sister hotel on the beach part of Palm Island, the swimming pool here is magnificent. Easy access to the Metro which is only a short walk away and very easy to use. We stayed on an all inclusive basis which worked very, well my only complaint is that draught beer was not included which seems very strange as all the regular imported spirits were available plus exotic cocktails. As someone who does not drink spirits I found this very annoying but it did not spoil th hoilday.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ninth floor but there are no good views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Bill,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed our dining offering to such extent, as well as our Oceana Beach Club and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
Please rest assured your feedback regarding the beverage selection included in the All Inclusive package has been shared with the concerned manager for his review.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.
Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I would like to start off the review by first commending three members of staff who made the stay as enjoyable for us from start to finish, welcoming from the start and on a daily basis by Daniyal and Abdul Khaliq the front end boys. Our room cleaners Shuhel and Yam who did a fantastic job in ensuring that we were in good hands, thanks guys!

Check in process was very quick and professional, overall 95% of staff members have done a great job in ensuring our stay was trouble free and impeccable. (however the guy serving the dates and Kawa could have been more friendlier!)

Rooms were nice sized and very clean, beds and pillows very comfortable. Amenities were replenished every day. The view from the room could have been better but its not such a big deal for us when we booked as we were not here to sit and stare out of the window but we were here to explore Dubai!

So if a sea view from your room is your sole reason for choosing this hotel I would advise not to pick it. Me and my guests were not fussed with the view, even though it was a sea view unfortunately it was staring straight at a power station, again for us its not such a big deal at all.

The Lobby area is HUGE, and admittedly I didn't notice it at first as the main reception area leads you straight to the lifts which bypasses it entirely!

Sheesha Lounge is very large and it was enjoyable to spend a few hours there relaxing.

Admittedly I was very disappointed at the start as the sole reason for booking this hotel was the first image showing the beach area and I assumed I was staying at the beach resort but it turned out that this was around 10 mins away by hotel transfer.. again this was not such a big deal as once we got the beach club we were blown away as it was breath taking place to be with amazing views of the beach and the skyline of the Marina.

The hotel does have its own swimming pool and gym which is a great addition and the fact that the gym is 24 hours is fantastic as I made good use of it trying to digest a monster steak we had for evening meals and ended up going for a run at 02:30 so very convenient indeed!

Lobby, Lift Areas and Corridors were very clean and tidy.

A great bonus was that the shopping mall was advertised as 5 mins walk.. turned out to be right across the hotel 2 mins away, has many shops, restaurants cafes and breakfast bars. (p.s. the shopping mall is actually HUGE!)

The metro station was about 5-7 min walk but still convenient as it helped to link the hotel (which is on the outskirts of Dubai to main Dubai and reachable within around 35 mins or so) Again this was not such a issue as a cab ride to Deira was around 40 mins away and they are very cheap anyway as was the metro service which runs every 8 mins or so

We were disappointed on leaving as time just flew by so quickly, but the hotel and staff members made our stay enjoyable and relaxing which is what we came here for and we were not let down.

Overall, I would recommend someone who is not fussed about the location away from main Dubai; or of fantastic beach views to come and experience a stay at the Moevenpick for a different type of stay much closer to the Marina.

I would love to come back and stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: If three persons are sharing then request a larger room within the same range as ours was slightly b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank suhelisChilling
Dear Suhelis,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our Oceana Beach Club on Palm Jumeirah, our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall and at a walking distance from the Dubai Metro and of course the service provided by our team. Please do rest assured I will personally share your kind comments with Daniyal, Abdul, Khaliq, Shuhel, Yam and the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Movenpick looks a bit old style - dull brown/beige with large open and unused areas and certainly due for an update.

Rooms are comfortable and well equipped - again dull decor.

Service levels are great, check-in friendly and reasonably quick although I was surprised with the amount they locked it on my credit card.

The restaurant was great and I enjoyed the quality and variety of the restaurant. Responsive staff as well! Well done!

The gym and swimming pool were also great. Well equipped and well maintained gym. I loved to use the swimming pool after gym - lovely luke-warm water and great size pool.

We had a conference as well and found the staff responsive and knowledgeable.

Overall good experience, the hotel is opposite a mall and if only the Hotel did not look so old and used, I would have given it five stars.

Room Tip: Rooms are strangely arranged - mine overlooked a highway and industrial water plant. The other side...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Chris,
Thank you for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, especially our restaurant offering, our meeting facilities and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are always extremely polite and friendly and always very helpful. Set away from the centre of Dubai it is a good location and very close to metro line. The restaurants are an excellent variety of food from a number of different cultures with something for everyone. The facilities are well maintained and a lovely atmosphere is set. I Would thoroughly recommend a stay and I would particularly recommend sitting in the moroc bar for a quiet relax, a sheesha or a traditional BBQ meal. The staff are excellent.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris G
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your fantastic review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our hotel facilities, our restaurant offering and our Moroc Bar & Lounge.