“Amazing”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #40 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our stay was truly brilliant!! The reception staff was outstanding! Always greeting us with a smile and were never to busy to answer our questions! And most importantly making sure that we were enjoying our stay and that if we needed anything they were just a call away!!

The room was stunning! A Moroccan themed room which made our first trip to an arabic country even more authentic! The view was beautiful especially at night when the cities lights came on it took our breathe away!

The concierge team was also very helpful these guys not only know the hot spots of Dubai, they can assist you with truly anything! Like were to buy spear parts for your car and where to buy a reasonably priced phone for example .

All in all the hotel , the staff , standard of service was beyond and above expectation. We would defiantly return to Movenpick IBG in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessw821
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Jess,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our room facilities and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them,
Michael Nugent

Write a ReviewReviews (6,628)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel, 3 nights was not enough time at this amazing city and top class hotel. I cannot fault this hotel, the service is 10star the staff are exceptional.. Always greeting us and never too busy to have a chitchat, this was a special occasion for me and my husband, I am so happy we chose this hotel. Metro is 5 min walk and they have an amazing mall opposite the hotel. The restaurants are amaaaaazing, food is top class, we went half board, I recommend this option. The hotel is immaculate and rooms are gorgeous. We just want to say a special thanks to the concierge riznan for all his helpful information and being so nice to talk to..not to forget Daniela and waqas.. You guys really made our time in dubai the best it could be. Thank you for all your help and just being so nice :) we will definitely return here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our convenient location to the Dubai Metro, our room facilities, our dining offering and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Riznan, Daniela, Waqas and the entire team.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I agree with all the good things said about the hotel, I just have a few reservations about its location, but they do not detract from the quality of the hotel as such.
I stayed for 1 week in an executive room in order to watch the Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament. The hotel is 4 stops away from Emirates Golf Club on the superb metro.
I checked in around 0200hr and had to take a smoking room, but with an undertaking that I could transfer the following day. However, the initial smoky smell soon dissipated and I stayed where I was. The room was fine and very well serviced. I would have liked an easy chair to sit in, rather than just the desk chair. I had a power station view room, but was not charged extra.
The executive lounge was excellent and never crowded. The staff there were friendly, attentive and efficient. I breakfasted in the lounge and had a couple of afternoon teas there, but managed to attend every evening for drinks and canapes!
One evening I had an excellent pizza in the Italian restaurant, and a couple nights light snacks in the Majlis lobby bar. The charming Maint was my server here and was a real star. I wandered over to Ibn Battuta Mall to the food court and ate on two occasions there. That was good fun and very cheap of course.
On my penultimate day the interactive service on the tv was down so I was unable to check my bill. I should have checked with reception, I know. I was a bit shocked on checking out to be charged 99 dhs for a 3'20" phone call to the U.K. I did look at the charges before making the call, but I think that was a bit on the steep side. I'll know for next time.
Now for the hotel location bit. It struck me as a bit of a shame that more could not have been done with all the space around the hotel. Another 5* property the Grand Hyatt where I have stayed on 3 visits has gorgeous gardens and pools, and something like this would have made the Ibn Battuta spectacular. The pool on the 8th floor is disappointing. I think if I wanted a beach/sunbathing vacation, particularly with kids, I might choose a hotel that did not require a 20 min bus ride to get to the facilities.
But really, I had a great week in a lovely hotel where the staff and food were outstanding, and I would happily return in the future. My thanks to Ibn Battuta.

Room Tip: Executive room was well worth it. I stayed on a bed and breakfast deal which worked fine for me. I t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay, especially our convenient location to the Dubai Metro, our Executive Lounge services, our Majlis Lounge and of course our food offering in Sicilia Restaurant. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Mint and the entire team.

I was however concerned to read you experienced dissatisfaction with our telephone charges upon check out, please rest assured I have shared your feedback with the concerned manager for his immediate review.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Excellent stuff, excellent services, excellent room services, very good beach and swimming pool, near to ibn batouta mall which any thing i need found in it, if i travel to dubai in the future, I'll stay in this hotel again, really excellent hotel

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ahmed,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with the Tripadvisor community.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed our services and facilities to such extent, especially our Oceana Beach Club and our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The rooms in this hotel are very nice and a good size. It was our first trip to Dubai so didn't really know where to stay location wise. The hotel is a distance from the marina and the main attractions but taxi's are so cheap is doesn't really matter. The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variety. The swimming pool at the top is nice but if you like the sun it can be shady as the building creates lots of shade. I would recommend going to the beach club they offer, the views are amazing. The swimming pool is fantastic and the restaurant that is there is very nice. I have read reviews which say the busses from the hotel to the beach club get booked and causes people to moan, this was the case on our first day but the busses run every hour. We decided to get a taxi instead of waiting which may have cost £10.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lloyd,
Thank you for sharing your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed our room facilities, our West 14th Restaruant and of course our Oceana Beach Club on Palm Jumeirah.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

A beautiful and fantastic hotel with a Nice beach club. It's walking distance from Ibn Battuta mall, so it is vert good located. The rooms are very high quality, nice and clean as Well. We loved to have night swims in the beautiful swimming pool as Well. The service is very good and the staff are very friendly. Special thank you to the friendly and Nice Waqas, Roldan and Daniyal!! Overall, highly recommended hotel as the standard is high with decent price for Dubai. we even changed our flights to be able to stay longer:) so thank you for our Nice and warm stay at your hotel! Tom and princess S.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Tom,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on your recent stay.
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our Oceana Beach Club on Palm Jumeirah, our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall and the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with Waqas, Roldan, Danyal and the entire team.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

he hotel is fantastic. It's walking distance from Ibn Battuta mall, and close to Dubai Metro station. The rooms are very high quality even for the standard rooms. Each floor has its own theme like China, Persia, India etc. The rooms are decent size with a lot of facilities i.e. free internet, LCD TV, showtime channels etc. The bathroom has bath and a shower. The service is very good and the staff are very friendly. Overall, highly recommended hotel as the standard is high with decent price for Dubai. The room service dinning food is nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emirates_Arab
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our room facilities and services, our convenient location opposite the Ibn Battuta Mall and close to the Dubai Metro and of course the service provided by our team. I will make sure to personally share your kind comments with them.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.