“Amazing”

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai
Ranked #39 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I travel allot with work and therefore stay in numerous hotels but the IBN Battuta is a class of its own.
We arrived late on in the evening and the receptionists kindly upgraded our room FOC. Our room was out of this world with a very comfortable bed and all the amenities you could possibly need.
The staff were second to none, they were so efficient and helpful, nothing was to much I really can't praise the staff at is hotel enough.
The food was amazing, so much variety and so fresh we didn't feel the need to eat out as the food was so good at the hotel.
The hotel is a little out the way but we caught the metro each day to get to the main attraction and it took no more than 30mins to get into the centre. There is a metro station next to the hotel so very convenient for you to get about and is also very cheap 16AED for a day pass.
I can't recommend this hotel enough and I will definitely be returning.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Faye H
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Faye,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially our rooms, our staff and the food offered in our restaurants. I am glad you found our proximity to the Ibn Battuta Metro Station convenient.

Thank you for your recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai during your next trip to Dubai.

Best Regards

Michael Nugent

Write a ReviewReviews (6,758)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We cant recommend this hotel enough. We have just returned from a 5 night city break to Dubai. We have stayed in 5 star hotels all around the world, but the service in this hotel was the best ever. The hotel is immaculate, and the restaurants are all first class. I recommend the all inclusive option which we did to save the bills at the end of the trip. We went out all day every day, but it was useful to have breakfast, dinner and drinks in the hotel. The hotel staff can't do enough to help you. There is a metro station 200m away from the hotel which allows cheap air conditioned travel to all around the City. Recommend the oriental resturant in particular.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Engineer531
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and fantastic recommendation to fellow Tripadvisor travelers.

I was extremely pleased to ready you enjoyed your stay to such extent especially the service and facilities we offer, as well as our All Inclusive package and convenient location to the Ibn Battuta Metro station.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this location for one week. For the price you pay, I found the little things to be quite disappointing.

Firstly, I was put into a smoking room and it was two nights before I was able to change to a non-smoking room despite asking reception for this on check-in. Apparently all the non smoking rooms were full. The staff member who checked me in and other staff over the next two days all told me to come back later until someone on the third day finally assisted me. Surely having reception leave me a message on my phone when a room was ready shouldn't be too much to ask for a 5 star hotel? Instead, I had to keep making appearances at reception.

I had an upset stomach during my stay and asked a staff member if they had any medicine until the shops open. After waiting 5-10 minutes in the queue, the staff member did not have anything to offer. From previous experience, I have been able to get some temporary medicine from staff until the shops open so I was surprised at this response.

I also found it strange that room service was billed differently than the restaurants downstairs. This led to numerous calls to reception and waiting around for the restaurants to open. A confusing experience.

The hotel also had an MMA event on in the lobby when I was there. I expected this event to last a lot longer than it did and I felt ripped off after the experience.

On the positives, the breakfast at the hotel is above average and the hotel is opposite a mall which is convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Perthchic

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.

I was very concerned to read the feedback you have posted regarding the inconveniences you experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be assured I have brought up such comments with the concerned managers and will ensure they are rectified immediately
I would like to ask you to please send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com with your contact details as I would like for our team to contact you directly in regards to your stay.

Thank you once again and I hope to be able to welcome you back during your next visit to Dubai.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for 9 days of luxury they staff were fabulous nothing too much trouble . The hotel is spotless friendly lively or relaxing what u choose to do . The hotel pool the sun only stays till 4 or.5 pm but this is long enough as it is so hot it is staffed for all ur needs drinks food etc. if u fancy beach with beautiful infinity pool just book at reception hope on bus and go same service here hotel pool but no waiter on beach but this isn't a problem just walk the 30 seconds to the bar sun umbrellas always available just need to get there for 10 if you want beach bed on there weekend which is Friday Saturday can get busy same with hotel pool the food is fab lots of different choices to suit every one u can have buffet or book in one of the many restaurant We used the metro to get around so cheap couple pounds return to all the main attractions and u get to see Dubai as u go we got a taxi a couple times to al karma market 12 pounds one way as we were running late got metro back this is a got market go aftrer 6 it is open till 10 sun we'd 12 thurs sat. Lots of bargains to be had if u like copies of bags watches etc they take u in a little back from but everything is fine just pay as little as u think its worth u get a good deal. Get metro to all the malls we only went to the Dubai mall open till 12 thur. Sat U can eat here if u fancy so many place and just people watch its home from home for shopping river island next etc all lots of designer shops everyone thing same price or sometimes a bit dearer We where lucky blommingdales big sale at moment and juicy but even then not as good as uk sales but if not interested in shopping just go to look cheese cake factory just opened usual only in USA so I was so chuffed peanut nut butter butterfingers is the best in the world. Massive ice rink and a get aquarium here to go on the bus tour it's 20 pounds book at hotel I could go on and on a out this holiday hotel u need to visit it for ur self yes the hotel is a bit out off the way but u next door to the metro every body speaks English if returning I would stay herer again it is lovely . Catch the metro to the Mariane in the evening when it is all lit up and take a boat ride round it it is fab . This hotel is every thing dreams r made of so just book it enjoy it

Room Tip: The rooms dontvhave great view but ur on holiday why stay in the room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lushes
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review on your stay.

I was extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay to such an extent, especially our convenient location to the Ibn Battuta metro station as well as our private Oceana Beach Club facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation to fellow Tripadvisor travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai during your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a great transfer from the airport to the hotel in a beautiful Cadillac we had a bit of a bumpy start to our holiday. My hubby and i had an overnight flight with Virgin and arrived at the hotel at 9 .30 am only to be told by a surly receptionist that our room wouldn,t be ready until 3pm.
Well you can imagine how we felt after the long flight and not a very warm welcome. The same person told us to go to the oceana beach club and come back at 3pm. We didn,t feel like doing that so we sat it out in reception until a room became available at midday.

We were very happy with the superior room and feel there is no need to spend extra money on an upgrade especially when your on all inclusive as we were.
The room and bathroom were big and very clean but our only gripe was the grey colour of the towels in the bathroom. They didn,t go with everything else including the bed linen which was brilliant white and changed almost daily. The beds are huge and comfy.

That,s the moans over with now we can say what a fantastic hotel with super friendly staff this is.
Because we were all inclusive we were lucky enough to be able to eat and drink in all of the restaurants including the outside Oceana beach bar and inside West 14 restaurant also located at the Oceana. We cannot praise the Indian, Chinese,Italian and the Mistral buffet enough.

The hotel is 100 per cent non smoking except for the Morroco bar which is inside and outside and the BBQ smelt lovely but we are non smokers so didn,t want to go there.

Forget the location which is on the industrial side of Dubai. No one seems bothered by this. You have a huge mall across the road with a 7dirham shop equal to our poundland shops, and you also have a superb new metro which will take you right into the malls.The metro is cheap and so are the taxis which the hotel will call for you. If you are wanting to go to Dubai please dont hesitate to book the IBN where the service is second to none and a good priced holiday.

The shuttle bus to the Oceana beach club could be bigger and better organised. Enjoy the rooftop pool at the hotel and the lazy river and infinity pool at the Oceana.

If you are picky with your food, the IBN has something to suit all.

Forgot to say, the air con can be noisy

Room Tip: The superior rooms are great but if you are choosy about the view go for a mall facing room.We asked...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay to such extent, especially the food offered in Chor Bazaar, Sicilia, Mistral and Shanghai Chic and the service provided by our entire team. I will make sure to share your feedback with them.

In regards to the inconveniences you experienced, please rest assured I have shared them with the concerned managers to ensure they are rectified immediately to avoid any future inconveniences to guests.

I thank you for the recommendation to fellow tripadvisor travelers and hope to welcome you back at Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai during your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friday brunch is fantastic. A great selection of Asian, Arab, Italian and other great dishes.

Stay in the hotel was fine, but nothing great. Check in was very slow (a personal dislike), and although we had booked 2 interconnecting rooms, the staff tried to push us to non-connecting rooms. Instead of twin beds for my kids, they got a king size bed. The view from the room was awful (an industrial wasteland), but the nearby mall had interesting shopping.

The rooms were adequate but nothing special. One more example of the "window on the bathroom" design, which I suppose someone likes, but neither my wife nor I really want people watching us use the toilet. The shower was designed to flood the floor too ... Who designs these things?

The TV cut out regularly ... Looks like someone wanted to save on costs at the expense of guest satisfaction.

Finally, check out was smooth and efficient, so. Good from that perspective.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike_in_Dubai

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review on Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate Dubai.

I was very concerned while reading your feedback regarding the check in process as well as your requirement for connecting rooms and the issues with the TV connection. Please do rest assured I have taken your comments up with the concerned managers to ensure these inconveniences are rectified immediately.

I would like to ask you to send us an email to social.ibnbattuta@moevenpick.com as I would like our team to contact you directly in regards to your experience.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We tried the brunch at Movenpick with a group of 10 adults and 4 kids (ages 2 1/2 -5), and I can honestly say its the most family and child friendly experience we have had in Dubai.
The facilities here are still as good as new, the dining hall is spacious and atmospheric, although a little dark for a lunch in my view, and the food was well presented and spread throughout the hall.

The main bonus for us were the kids facilities, from the entertainer at the entrance, to the petting zoo, bouncy castle, play area and the Camel Club, with games, art and toys available. All of these areas were supervised by friendly and professional staff and our kids all had a fantastic time.

The food itself was above average quality for a Dubai brunch, great starters, roasts, seafood, salads and fruits available. There was an Italian restaurant in there too, and a separate cheese and pork section (for anyone so inclined- we didn't enter). The highlight was probably the dedicated room for deserts.. Which were stunning!

Top marks for a family friendly brunch at a reasonable price, and worth trying even if you don't have kids with you. When we went it was 295dhs p.p standard, 395 for beer&wine package and 495 with champagne included.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank andy h

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback on our Al Bahou Friday Brunch.

I was extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed it to such extent, especially the food as well as the children facilities we offer for the little ones.

We hope to welcome you back soon and would like to thank you for your recommendation to the Tripadvisor community.