“The best holiday”

Ranked #35 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“The best holiday”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This has to be one of the most friendliest hotels I have stayed at. The staff can't do enough for you and you feel like they are genuine unlike some hotels. I have stayed in Duabi before and was unsure if I would return but after my stay and experience at this hotel I will definately be returning.

The room was a superior room on the 8th floor (Room 840) which was lovely and quiet and on the same floor as the pool. The room was a lovely size with a great bathroom with a bath and a shower and all the little touches. There is no view so dont expect one, you should book a beach resort if thats what you like, but i didnt find this an issue as the room was perfect. I am a very fussy person with regards to cleanliness and the room was spotless. The bed was wonderful and I could have slept in it all day! They aslo provide a kettle with tea and coffee which many 5* hotels dont provide.

The location is about 25 minutes from the airport and costs about 100dhs (£18) each way. We caught the new metro from the airport which was only a few pounds and stops about a 5 minute walk to the hotel. When we stayed previously in Dubai we were more central but found this hotel far better as its about 10 minutes in a taxi or by metro to most things (taxis very cheap). The Ibn Battuta Mall is opposite the hotel and is massive with everything you need including an 18 screen cinema and a huge supermarket for bits you've forgottten.

The hotel provide a shuttle bus which runs every 2 hours and takes you to the Oceana Beach Club on the Palm, which is lovely with its infinity pool and the beach. There is a beach bar and restaurant which provide lovely food and towels for your sunbeds (this is included on the All Inclusive Package, excluding West 14th Restaurant). It does get busy at the weekend but otherwise its quiet.

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed at with such great service from the staff. Mario from the hotel pool was lovely always with a smile and good service and the Duty Manager who I cant remember his name, was great when we had a little issue with the all inclusive package (which was very new to the hotel) so they are ironing out problems as they arise. They also have free wifi in the downstairs lobby area, otherwise you have to pay for use in the rooms. The lobby bar is the only bar thats not part of the All Inclusive package.

The food in all the restaurants was amazing especially as my husband is a fussy eater. We were part of the all inclusive package which has a special drinks menu which includes different wines, stella beer and soft drinks. We are not big drinkers so this was suitable for us. The prices in the restuarants were all very reasonable so this would not be a problem to guests on a bed and breakfast package.

I can honestly say the only fault with the holiday was that we had to come home as the hotel, location and staff was perfect. I have worked in the hotel industry myself and always check Trip Advsior for reviews and if people can find fault with this hotel then they are extremely hard to please.

Thank you to all the staff at the Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel for making our holiday so great.

Room Tip: Email hotel ahead with requests
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lindyloo65
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to post your review on Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel. As a 5 star hotel and an up market destination we aim to offer the best service to our guests, and it is to my satisfaction to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that my colleagues were able to exceed your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you to Dubai and Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel in the near future.

See you at the Gate!
Philippe Bonnot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
oxfordshire
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This new opened hotel was excellent in almost every way.
The staff, the rooms and the food were all of a very high standard.
The only fault it has, is the view from the windows, over building sites.
It is quite a long way out of the city, and so is not for you, if you want to be at the heart of the action.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
JKai, General Manager at Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that our high standards of service and our room and food and beverage facilities have been according to your needs and requirements.

To comment on your feedback on the location, I have to inform you that many of our guests have found the location very convenient located adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall and walking distance from the metro link which can take you all over the city. Also the hotel is located near some of the Dubai‘s latest hot spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah.
I can see from your comments that you were in particular unhappy about the view from your room, kindly note that we do have rooms and suites which have a pleasant view of Ibn Battuta Mall ‘s exquisite architectural exterior and some of Dubai’s latest skylines. Please make sure next time to alert the reception of your dissatisfaction with the view so we can take the necessary actions as per your liking.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.
sheffield
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed here for six nights whilst my husband was on business . The hotel the staff the food what can I say . It was amazing top class . We were woke on the first night by someone trying to get in our room ib the early hours then the bell boy then the phone This was an erroron reception by not checking
us in properly but the hotel rectified it the next day by upgrading us to the executive lounge which was excellent free breakfast free afternoon tea and happy hour . All in all this hotel is fantastic snd every woman's dream a massive shopping mall across the road . I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay there again . Wonderful and a special thanks to the lifeguards by the pool who looked after me .

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the incident that has occurred during your first night at the hotel and I am pleased to hear that my colleagues at the reception have managed to gain your satisfaction with a proper compensation the following day. I have passed on your lovely comments to our lifeguards and they appreciate your great feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I'm not sure where to start on Ibn Battuta Gate hotel... there are some things which were very very nice and some things which were just dreadful.

Cons

* Location - I live in Dubai so knew where the hotel was, it is out of town in the middle of the industrial area. The hotel overlooks all of Dubai's powerstations so dont expect a great view.
* Car Parking - it took 30 mins for to valet park my car - absolute chaos with cars queuing out into the street. There was no option to park your car yourself
* Room - we were given a smoking room despite requesting non-smoking (room was also a pro - see below)
* View - if you opened the curtains, you literally faced DEWA which is the main power stations in Dubai.
* Pool - shaded, very small
* Breakfast - farce, food running out, tables not re-set, rude staff

Pros

* Decor - The hotel inside is beautiful, grand entrances, tastefully done
* Shisha bar outside (on the other side to the power stations is a very nice chill out bar)
* Rooms - Excellent bathroom, comfy bed
* Friday Brunch - although busy, excellent food and good service (dont know what happened at breakfast time - seemed like a completely different place!)
* Value - for a 5* (Dubai standards) hotel, it is very good value for money
* Mall - it is right next to one of Dubai's Malls, although Ibn Battuta Mall doesnt have the glitz or the glam of many of the others in Dubai

Overall if you want a cheap place to spend a night in Dubai, Ibn Battuta Gatel Hotel is ok... there are just so many better ones to pick from...

Room Tip: Dont arrive around midday!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sully_Caffs
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that there were some aspects of the hotel that you have found very unique and convenient and I am disappointed at the same time to read about your dissatisfactions at the hotel.

To comment on your feedback on the location, I have to inform you that many of our guests have found the location very convenient located adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall and walking distance from the metro link which can take you all over the city. Also the hotel is located near some of the Dubai‘s latest host spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah. I have noted your comments on the valet parking and the service at the breakfast and kindly be aware that we are looking into increasing more team members specially during the busy weekend days to make sure we deliver our 5 star service standards.

It is to my satisfaction to read that you found the hotel décor outstanding and that we have managed to offer you a great value for money with our excellent rooms and quality of service in our restaurants as mentioned in your feedback.

I do hope that you give us a second chance so we can welcome you again to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Having booked a last minute deal to Dubai on my own for 4 nights where I paid less per night than a UK travelodge I arrived with no expectations, I was pleasantly surprised, slightly tacky looking exterior in not the most salubrious area of Dubai out near Jebel Ali but the Metro stop is 5 minutes walk so you're never far from anything, shuttle to beach club only goes a couple of times day, very man made beach but nice big pool, staff there surly though so decided to try hotel pool, fabulous staff quiet with excellent service, no screaming kids just peace and quiet on the 8th floor. Standard Rooms are good size, lovely bathrooms and all the amenities, outdoor bar on the terrace was only let down as a lone female often difficult to get service despite everything except arm waving to attract attention, all in all for forty pounds a nice awesome value but if you want central with pretty views don't bother.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SGR36WELSH
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you have found the hotel’s location and its proximity to the metro link to your liking and that our room facilities and service have met your expectations.

I do apologies for the poor attention that you have received at our lounge and assure you that necessary actions have been taken to make sure all is in order upon your next visit. I can see from your feedback that you do not think that the hotel has a great location close to central attractions of the city; I would like to notify you that the hotel is located very near to some of Dubai’s latest hot spots including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and Palm Jumeirah. Also I would like to inform you that during the summer months we offer complimentary transport to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates.

Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2011

the location was very good, it was near IBN BATUTA mall, and JUMEIRA beach, the rooms were very cozy and clean, every place in rooms and lobby was traditionally decorated, the breakfast was excellent, but the price of internet was a bit high.generally i like the decoration and service of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the gate and were satisfied with our location and proximity to Ibn Battuta Mall and have found our rooms and facilities conformable and matching your needs and requirements.

To comment on your feedback on the charges for the internet, please let me assure you that our prices are in line with other 5 star hotels in Dubai and that we offer complementary internet service in all our suites.

Iran
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I have visited this hotel with group of six of my familly , good location for buying from Ibn battuta Mall, 10 minutes away from beach ,10 minutes walking to the metro station, excellent buffet breakfast , fantastic decoration, friendly staff are a just some of the advantages of staying in this hotel, also thanks to the friendly receptionins to allow us to have late check out .just such a hotel need massage and spa center that will launch soon, I hope the management team will implement discount offer in low season for those guest that have already visited this hotel before like other 5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am truly delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with your family at Ibn Battuta Gate hotel. I am particularly pleased to hear that you were happy with the location of the hotel and the friendliness of my colleagues at the reception.

Please note that our spa is under construction and we are doing our best to have this facility ready for your next visit. Let me assure you that we have great offers available for the summer months and our regular guests will be generously rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel in the near future.