I have now stayed for two weeks in this hotel and overall, it is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in in Dubai. Why is that?
At first sight this hotel has a lot to offer. The rooms are very big. Mine had a large bedroom with en suite, a lounge, a well equipped kitchen and a separate toilet. But it's not just the rooms that make a great hotel.
First, and most importantly the staff do not seem very happy for you to be in the hotel. The service at breakfast is slow and servers never offer extra coffee they always have to be summoned. And that reminds me. the egg man is so slow at preparing omelettes. Someone should tell him to turn up the heat. The guys at the gym are so engrossed with their mobiles they do not greet you when you check in - not good. The best staff member I met was Fazlul who cleaned my room every day and always greeted me with a smile.
Second, the internet connection was unreliable. This was a major problem when you are working. The whole hotel internet system needs to be upgraded and made reliable. If there is no internet you cannot work here; if you cannot work here, there is no point in staying here.
Third, the food is generally indifferent, although I did like the Arabic lentil soup on the room service menu.
Fourth, the elevators grrr. The hotel has a system where you specify your room floor and the system allocates a car for you. This approach led to some long delays and most people make the mistake of getting out at the wrong floor and finding they have to go to an interchange floor such as the lobby to get to their destination. To be positive this system was so unusual I have decided to study elevator algorithms and I am thinking of researching the topic in depth.
There were some little annoying features:
* The cups did not fit properly on the saucers in my room
* The kettle had the wrong plug and I had to ask for an adaptor
* Large containers for dirty linen were always to be seen in corridors
* The shisha smoke beside the pool did not create a healthy environment
* The washing line over the bath allowed wet clothes to drip on the floor
* There was a persistent smell of dampness in the bathroom
* The windows were filthy and I couldn't see out
* The sofa was stained
Overall, disappointing for such a 'Grand' hotel which is very well located on Sheikh Zayed Road
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the commercial district, on Dubai’s prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, the alcohol-free 47-storey Emirates Grand Hotel is offering a panoramic city and Arabian Sea views. The tallest building in the world,The Burj Khalifa, and the largest Mall in the Middle East – Dubai Mall is reachable within less than 10 minutes driving, opposite Financial Center Metro Station, easily accessible to the Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center, Dubai World Trade Center, and just 15 minutes drive away from Dubai International Airport and 5 minutes from the golden sands of the Jumeirah Beach Park.Wi-Fi is available.Guests have access to the rooftop pool offering a panoramic city and Arabian Gulf views, and the fully equipped fitness center as well as a tennis court. A wellness center which includes a sauna, a hot tub and a steam room is also available. The Emirates Grand Spa offers a wide range of body treatments and facials.Enjoy home cooked meals at our world class restaurants, and the famous Arabic shesha, also well known as hubbly bubbly is served either on the rooftop lounge or in the garden area.relax with your favorite beverage at the roof top terrace.Plan a meeting in any of our four meeting rooms fully equipped with contemporary audiovisual facilities and business center guarantees every function to be a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Emirates Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.