“Great location and good service”

Emirates Grand Hotel
Ranked #209 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were there for meeting the new year (2012).We stayed at a really nice, clean and comfortable apartment, which was fully furnished - kitchen, living room, bedroom and 2 bathrooms. The stаff was nice and helpfull. We liked the location (on the Sheikh Zayed Road), because the hotel is right next to metrostation (cheap way to see so much of the beutiful places in Dubai), Burj Khalifa and Dancing fountains are near by (in 15 minutes walking). Restaurant is on the 43th floor with great look (you can see "The world" project, while you are having a breakfast) and offers delicious meals. There are only a couple things that we didn't like, while our stay. The first one are elevators - they are not enough, the staff on the reception is not very polite and friendly, and even ask me about the missing hairdryer after we checked out, which was missing before we cheked in...and the last one is that the hotel is for families and there were a lot of screaming children and... you know a lot of noise actually...

Room Tip: Higer floors have beter view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilly5958

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Terrible managament, They talk rudely.
Terrible smelling in the rooms!
The rooms were so noisy so that I couldn't sleep all night.
I stayed there for 3 days and that was my worst experience!!!!
I'm sure that I'll never choose this hotel again!
It was awful.

• Stayed: February 2012
8  Thank Henga
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for two nights through Hotelopia. My advice after dealing with both is DONT! Using Hotelopia web site, transfers were booked both ways. Very confusing in the end no cab to pick us up from airport-so we got our own. Cost 77 dirhams (in Aus money approx $19) The check in, a nightmare. Handed the desk a letter confirming reservation,must have caused a big problem. Waiting,waiting,twenty minutes later I asked is there something dodgy here as there were so many calls being made to the reservation center. Five minutes more delay was told.
After nearly an hour we were on our way, no help with the bags mind you. As some of the patrons have stated very unhelpful nor polite.Need to copy the attitude of the Singaporean Hotels. Room pretty good for a suite. just a minimal amount of tea bags /coffee. Breakfast was nice ,plenty of choice, but some of the helps did not understand english too well. Three times I had to request a lead to connect to internet, very poor service here.
As Hotelopia got flight times mixed up, it appeared that the cab would call just as the flight was going across the Gulf, so we got our own cab three hrs earlier and it only cost 26 dirhams(A$6 approx ) yet we were charged A$40 by the booking company,something to consider. Emailed booking company about problem no reply came until two days later. They stated I should have rang emergency number-where, I never saw one.
Handy for metro station is a positive . If there is a next time I would go elsewhere, some of the staff need training in customer service.
With the lost cab fare, cost was A$633-not good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Dubai in December 2012. The staff on the reception desk were not friendly or polite, at least a smile would have helped especially as we travelled so far to get there. The staff just about, mechanically, did their job – it was as if they did not want to be there. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The only gripe I had was the lift! This was operated by a security man. If you are on a high floor, above the 5th I think, before you go to the lift you have to call the reception from
your room then go out to the lift and wait. Sometimes the wait was not long; sometimes you had a long wait and other times the lift man forgot or it arrived full, if this happened you need to go back to your room and call reception again for the lift – what a joke! For a hotel of this rating this is not acceptable. We got so frustrated with it we had to go and ask to be moved to a lower floor, we changed to the first floor where we could walk down the stairs – this was inconvenient to have to do this in the middle of our stay but we where spending too much time waiting for it.

In the first room we used to tiny cans of orange from the mini bar, we did not use the mini bar in the 2nd room we transferred to. Yet when we checked out they gave us a bill for 4 cans of orange, 2 from the 1st room and 2 from the 2nd room. We explained we only took two cans from the first room only and paid for two and then made our way to the taxi outside. The people on reception then sent the security man to our taxi for the other two cans of orange! The two cans they accused us of using in the other room on the 1st floor. In the end in order for us to be freed by the security man we paid for the two cans of orange we did not have. It did not end there… When we got back to the UK I got a bill from them for £15! It was taken out of my account without my authority. I have emailed them around 10 times but they just keep ignoring my emails and to date this fight goes on.

Also watch the man in the hotel who sells excursions! If you want to go on excursions you need to book it outside this hotel because I could not believe how this guy ripped us off big time for 3 excursions, I cried when I realised how much we were over charged. At the time of booking he even took us to the bank skipping and flexing his shoulders because he was so happy for the booking.

Room Tip: Do not bother booking here because it is bad service and they take money from your account for no re...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank whitneyuk
Reviewed January 25, 2013

stayed with family of 4 (2 teenagers) after having 3 night in the Atlantis...what a difference! Booked it as location was great...wished we hadn't. The lifts were terrible (as per other reviews), you must factor in extra time for this.
Staff at reception are rude, non-committal and really don't seem to enjoy their job. House-keeping say yes to everything but do not follow up, even after numerous phone calls or time consuming trips to reception.
The pool is very small and always full of loud kids, even in the evening.
The rooms are not bad, dirty in some places and not all features work properly e.g washing machine leaking. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was roomy, no TV in second bedroom, had cutlery and crockery for 2 people only. After asking repeatedly for more we gave up and I kept having to wash up so that we could all eat, not my idea of a holiday when the family cannot have a meal together.
The hotel does not serve any alcohol , we went across the busy Sheik Zayed Road to the rotana hotel bar on a couple of evenings.
There are definitely better options in Dubai, would never come here again.

Room Tip: a low floor might be useful to take the stairs and avoid the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pollyanna2
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked this hotel through T/A -One bedroom Suite for almost $200/night. We requested a baby cot and extra bed, but upon check in we didn't receive any of those things and I had to ask HSKP for at least 3 times to bring everything. The baby cot was horrible, dirty and old. I had to put two more blankets to make a bit softer for my baby. They also have the most retarted elevator ever!!! The contingent of guests were very rude. The hotel stuff are unprofessional especially - reception, total mess, made me feel that they don't know whats going on. Definitely not coming back!

The good thing about this hotel was hotel location, just 1 min walk to metro station (Financial center).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Location is fantastic near a metro station and Dubai mall and between cafes and restaurants. Staff is idiotic, elevators even more idiotic. Suites are large (hence the the name Grand). My wife and kids loved it, so we will come back

• Stayed: April 2012