“Above Average”

Akas-Inn Hotel Apartment
Ranked #5 of 65 Dubai B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We booked one bedroom apartment for 5 nights ( cost 2400 AED with taxes).
Upon arrival we were given a welcome drink , and check-in was easy .

Rooms: good furniture and kitchen ,variety of TV channels, huge apartment (bedroom, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, ironing chamber, huge living area, 2 balconys), BUT No hair drier .

Cleanliness: OK in general , but we saw small cockroaches sometimes.

Location: The taxi driver didn't recognize the place well. It is 5 min walk to Saraf DG metro station, 10 min walk to Mall of the Emarates (Carrefour inside), Subway at the same building , some stores nearby.

Staff: Ok , helpful, smiling all the time. But the house keeping didn't refresh the minibar during all our stay.

There is free WiFi in the rooms with code available from Reception, but there was difficulty logging in every time, and for Samsung phones cannot log in at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Osama A

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed with a friend in a twin room for 9 nights and we were very happy with our stay. Ofcourse there is allways room for approvement. But for the price I think you cannot ask for too much more. It is located in a quiet area, lot´s of taxis around, close to metro, close to the mall. Plenty of beauty saloons and small eateries around. The beds are indeed a bit hard but I prefer that infront of too soft. It is not enough curtain to get it dark in the room and some traffic noice. But further more everything was fine and the room was clean and spacious. Very friendly staff in the reception.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheSwede76
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while traveling home on a business trip. The staff was courteous, everything was clean, and the location was great in terms of being able to walk to the metro and the mall. That said I'd recommend this location more for people traveling with friend or family so you could make it more homey. When I went up to use the pool it was kind of weird to be just me with all the staff watching! I'm not sure if it's standard practice in the UAE, but when I checked in I signed that the total cost would be 900 AED, but when I checked out all of a sudden there were hundreds more dirhams in tariffs added. If you book online I'd recommend printing out the materials referencing the price you're promised and then trying to stick with that.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is our second time staying here. The location is ideal for us, about 6 minutes walk to a Metro Station and about 10 minutes walk to Mall of the Emirates. I'd probably say the rooms are a little tired (particularly the W.C. and en suite bathroom) but they are all incredibly spacious. The kitchen was immaculate and clean as before. We always take our own bedding for the sofa bed and if we stay here again, we will take our own towels! We got given a pool towel on the second day and they were....well, not fluffy : ). We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. There is free WiFi in the rooms, code available from Reception. There is a mini mart round the corner from the Hotel, a Subway Take Away by the Entrance and a Green Chillies Restaurant across the road from the Apartments.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The location was great, 200m from metro station and 10min walk to Emirates mall. Some small shop and restaurants on the same area (subway is close to the hotel).
Pros: price+location+clean+big room
Cons: far from the city center

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here with my mother for 2 weeks. The hotel overall is a reasonable place to stay. The location is good. About 6 minutes walk to a metro station and 10 minutes walk to mall of the emirates. The rooms are excellent and very very spacious. We took a one bedroom which included a living room area, dining table, 2 storage rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchen. The staff are also very friendly however I don't like the way the manager yells at them in front of everyone in the reception. That is very unprofessional!! And yes it's nice that there is free WiFi in the rooms but they need to do something about the connection..it always disconnects!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked a studio appartment for 3 nights in mid August and wasn't disappointed. The Hotel was clean, reception staff extremely helpful and friendly, kitchen decently furnished, bed of good sleep qulaity, bathroom decent, toiletries need to be improved a lot. All in all a very good place to stay for short durations at a good price. Location is amazing with mall of emirates 5-7 minutes walk away and lots of small supermarkets and restaurants nearby. Metro station also nearby about 5-10 minutes of walk (Sharaf DG metro) As there is no restaurant inside the hotel, the breakfast is arranged by a restaurant just outside the hotel. Breakfast was a reasonable spread for 36 AED/day. However, could be avoided if staying long term. Overall, I was happy with the complete package and would definitely recommend for short stays. Internet is free across the hotel and that is another plus for this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business