“Budget friendly accommodation”

Akas-Inn Hotel Apartment
Ranked #5 of 66 Dubai B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'm fairly frugal when it comes to accommodation we will only be in for a short period of time, I would far rather spend the money on fun things for the family to do or souvenirs to take home!. Sometimes this way of thinking pays off....and sometimes it doesn't. I'm pleased to say on this occasion it paid off. Staff were knowledgeable, polite and efficient. The hotel was equidistant to Mall of the Emirates and the Metro and there was also a Subway,a couple of local restaurants, a newsagents, chemist and mini mart close by. The accommodation was spacious and clean, however would concede the bathroom was a little on the 'tired' side. Not the place I would recommend for a romantic getaway but for a family vacation, why not!?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lady G
There are newer reviews for Akas-Inn Hotel Apartment

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very clean and room ( studio) very big.
All type of comfort.
Waitress and receptionist very professional.
Optimal position for visit Dubai.
Swimming pool, Gym and sauna open every days.
Good price for the position.

Room Tip: Be careful with the taxi!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elisabettalnd
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just back from Dubai and must say the hotel and staff were absolutely great.
perfect location, clean, helpful people.
no noise, well organised, close to sharaf dg metro station and local supermarkets and hotels
100% recommended

Francesca Serra
London

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fradefra
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Few of our criteria in choosing a hotel were, a place with a kitchenette, close proximity to metro and reasonable price. Akas inn met all our expectations and even more. As we have a 1 yr old baby, i was particular in having a kitchen, so that I can prepare his food, wash his bottles and all that stuff. We went in for a serviced apartment, which had water kettle, fridge, microwave oven, toaster etc. I was able to do all that I used to do at home for my baby. So, I can truly say it was home away from home. As with the service, it was prompt and very satisfactory. The staff were friendly & courteous. This hotel is just a couple of minutes away from Mall of the emirates, so whenever we had time, we could visit the mall. The place is well connected through metro (sharaf DG) and taxis are aplenty. We got a baby cot at no extra cost, from the hotel. The room was spacious enough to accommodate that too. The bath area was neat, clean and came with toiletries. The only draw back was A/C, a bit noisy. Overall, We had a pleasant stay at Akas-inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MYK_11
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. We booked a one bedroom apartment and it was huge. Large kitchen with large american style fridge, washing machine, and all other essential kitchen supplies. A nice sitting area with 3 piece suite and a table and chairs. An ironing area. A nice bathroom and a small toilet and wash basin in room as we came in and a large bedroom. Also free wifi which worked everytime with no bother. Excellent value for the money we paid and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank footydk
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I chose this based on other reviews and wasn't disappointed. I took a taxi from the airport, cost 85 dirhams, about £15 perhaps...about a ten to 15 drive and I was shown the key places by the driver. Someone took my cases from the taxi and I was given a welcome drink, non alcoholic on arrival. The apartments are spotless and the staff are very helpful. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment form a studio as they were booked up. It was huge. Had all the kitchen facilities I needed plus a washing machine, I didn't use. Also had an ensuite room, large living room and separate toilet. I didn't have any noise issues. I looked upstairs at the pool and sauna but didn't use it. Breakfast was at a restaurant a few metres away, quite filling and worth it..there is a well priced supermarket across from the restaurant and the train station is about a 5 min walk away-turn right from the hotel to the end of the road then left and voila.
A day ticket costs about £3 on the train, Beverly well priced and it also goes to the airport, about a half hour journey if that. Also about a 5 min walk away from the mall as everyone has said. It's not in the main area of Dubai but very accessible. You also need to ask for the wifi code. I would go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Loopyloo12
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. We booked a studio room and we thought it may be small, but it was really huge and we had everything we need it: big double bed, fully equipped kitchen and hot water. They are cleaning the rooms daily if you wish and I felt embarrassed that our dishes were washed (maybe because they don’t provide dish wash liquid and sponge).

We didn’t try the pool because was cold on January but it looked nice and clean.
I can highly recommend this hotel for the value of money (it was AED 1750 for 7 nights), the friendly staff, the big sized rooms and the location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family