“Good, affordable, easy access”

and 1 more site!
Akas-Inn Hotel Apartment
Ranked #5 of 66 Dubai B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for four nights with our two young boys. We were pleased with the amount of space and the hotel staff. The kitchen was huge and had a working washing machine. The main room and bedroom were also spacious. Since we drove and had our car, the parking garage was convenient. The only downfall, internet was not reliable and they were standard hotel towels. Also, make sure you print a good map as it was a little confusing at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Meredith H
There are newer reviews for Akas-Inn Hotel Apartment

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fantastic value for money! Staff were extremely polite and helpful. The daily serviced 2-bed apartment was especially roomy with all amenities just as described. The photos accurately represent the apartments. Althought the furnishings are all dark wood and brown which may give the appearance of being outdated and makes the rooms appear slighty dark, all the furniture and fittings are of high quality and were not old or dated at all.
The location was great with the metro within approx 7 mins walk and taxis (starting at 3 AED - VERY CHEAP) passing the building continuously and can just be flagged down. Easy walking distance of the Mall of the Emirates.
Booked through Booking.com for a great rate (less than £800 for week)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I stay here.

Location: Near Mall of Emirates but I don't think walking is an option for me unless you don't shop at all. During winter months walking to nearby metro station is better. I could see plenty of taxi around since there are many more hotels around this area. Since I drive, I have no complaint. Convenience store, Subway restaurant and other cafes are nearby.

Room: I booked via Agoda website for one room and upon arrival was upgraded to one bedroom apartment.

Service: I was the only one who checked in that afternoon but the process was a bit slow.Only one staff at check-in counter. The bellboy was super helpful despite I only have one backpack, he insisted on carrying it. Internet is available inside the room.

Didn't use the gym and rooftop pool.

Overall I am satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Helmie
Reviewed December 20, 2012

very nice hotel apartment, beautiful and clean room, kitchen, sitting area...!
you have also free WiFi in room and nice swimming pool in the roof. i really like my stay there.
you are very close to emirate mall and you have restaurants and fast food close to you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anisullah Q
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel apartment is an excellent choice. The pictures of the rooms and swimming pool are very accurate. The apartment block is not attractive outside but the inside is totally different. It is beautiful, spacious, and clean and the kitchen is well equipped. The swimming pool is beautiful and well maintained with a friendly life guard on duty. The Burj Alharab and the beautiful Dubai skyline can be seen from the rooftop swimming pool.

It is well located, close to small supermarkets and the Mall of the Emirates is just about 5 minutes walk. It is situated between two metro stations (the mall of the emirate and Sharaf DG stations) however the Sharaf DG station is closer and easier. While the apartment is located close to the highway, it is very quiet and peaceful.
The staffs are very polite, friendly and hospitable. They are very helpful, professional and willing to help every time. Housekeeping is quick to respond as well.

There is no hairdryer so take yours along. The internet may be a bit erratic.
The location may be difficult to get for some taxi drivers so use Holiday Inn Al Bashar as your landmark. Its very close to Holiday Inn. Sometimes a bad smell comes from the vent but air freshener can fix that.

My family and I had lots of fun at this apartment and we are willing to recommend it to people without any reservation. We shall be staying there in the next years.

Room Tip: Lower floors and rooms far from the elevator have less noise. Sharaf DG metro station is closer to t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank star_angel007
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Not wanting to blow my whole travel budget on a hotel in Dubai, I opted for this low-cost option. The room was huge--with a kitchenette, sitting area and balcony. The "Shining" like hallway was a little disturbing, but fine for me. I was near the elevator and the pinging of its arrival woke me a few times in the night, but that is not unusual for me.

That said, it was very hard for my cab driver to find. He took me to two different hotels before I had to ask him to drive me to the Jumeirah Beach hotel where my event was. At the end of the evening, the top notch staff at Jumeirah tried without avail to find a cabdriver who knew of this little hotel, or even locate it in the phone book.

Once I arrived, however, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly, and full of advice. I didn't make the free breakfast, so I was directed to the Mall of the Emirates which is one block away. Had a delicious breakfast at Pain Quotidien and hopped on the metro to visit the Burj.

If only the wifi had worked! Also, the room was spotless.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Nico R
Reviewed May 2, 2012

brand new hotel with roof summing pool
near to the emirate mall
good staf
near to the dubai metro station
has a subway fast food next to the hotel door

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple