“Nothing great....”

Ranked #18 of 401 things to do in Dubai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo is one of the most captivating attractions in Dubai. Located at The Dubai Mall, the largest mall in the world, offering a memorable journey into ocean life. With capacity to hold 10 million litres of water, Dubai Aquarium is one of the largest indoor aquariums in the world and it illuminates the marvels of the ocean floor, showcasing one of the most diverse collections of aquatic life. Located just above the aquarium, Underwater Zoo brings visitors up close with penguins, piranhas, crabs, water rats, sea horses, jellyfish and plenty more. A fascinating new addition at Underwater Zoo is King Croc, regarded as nature's rare phenomenon and one of the world's largest reptiles - at over 5 meters long and weighing an imposing 750 kg plus. Underwater Zoo regularly hosts innovative exhibits. One such exhibit, 'UAE's Night Creatures' presents the experience of nightfall in the desert as creatures of the dark.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
mumbai
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nothing great....”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

If you have seen aquariums before...you won't find this interesting at all.....don't waste money on buying tickets.....it's the same wat you can see from outside....

Visited February 2014

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Okay”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This aquarium was okay, i have visited better and bigger aquariums in other places such as malaysia, but it was okay. I did get a ticket to go inside and take a look, thinking I would see something better, but sadly not. All what you could see from the inside, you could see from the outiside. I personally think this aquarium could have been better.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Amna A
Hong Kong, China
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING or risk security being called upon and worst!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our first visit to Dubai and our family was eager to visit the much recommended Aquarium in the Dubai Mall. The experience was one large tourist trap within a mall and there are better aquariums around the wall and even in the Lost Chamber at Atlantis Dubai. But we were most SHAMED AND INCENSED when the Aquarium store, at the exit of the Aquarium, forced us to purchase an unwanted toy that our child had supposedly broken.

The toy was obviously already broken and put back on the shelf. Our innocent daughter of 10 years old had the misfortune to touch it and it immediately fell off the shelf onto the ground. As the staff was adamant that we pay for it (a 40 AED whale grabber) and we refused, the dimunitive local store manager called security. They threatened to haul my husband away for disrespecting him. All this happened in front of our two children who were so scared that they were almost in tears.

Even though we proved that our daughter could not have broken the toy (it turns out that it was missing parts, was already broken before she happened upon it and another perfectly fine item when dropped on the floor did not break), the store manager insisted that we pay for it or else...
We have never encountered such an UNREASONABLE store manager who just used the THREAT OF SECURITY AND WORST PRISON to get us to pay for something. Having travelled the entire world, we have never come across such an unacceptable situation and paid as we did not want to end up in an Arab jail for no reason. For this and many other reasons, I would not patronize this Aquarium, the Dubai Mall or for that reason the region.

Visited February 2014
15 Thank VoyageurW
Darwin, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was really looking forward to see the Dubai aquarium, hence I listed it down as my first stop in my 11-day itinerary. I was not disappointed at all. In fact, I enjoyed it, I absolutely loved it. I could spend the whole day just watching the enormous tank filled with the spectacular range of underwater species. It was breathtaking. Everyone in my family (my husband, my two girls, my parents) was in awe at this attraction located inside the Dubai Mall. There were lots of bystanders watching the marine life, and taking photos of it. However, it is best that you go inside the tunnel to see them up close. The underwater zoo may not be as grand as the Dubai Aquarium but offers unique species in their own aquariums, very entertaining especially for small children who can only reach a certain height. Such a delightful experience for the whole family!

Visited January 2014
Tinsukia, India
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 480 helpful votes
“Average Aquriam”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was a good place but felt it could have been much better with better collections of Aquatic life. We took a Fish feeding tour, the guide was informative, but I personally felt it was a waste for me but my kids loved it. Overall i would say the is a huge scope for improvement.

Visited January 2014