“Desert Drive”
Review of Knight Tours

Knight Tours
Ranked #137 of 518 Tours in Dubai
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was in Dubai recently and my friends planned for a Desert Drive with a company called Knight Tours. Their price was very reasonable when compare to the services they provided. They picked us up at around 3pm and and took us far from the city into the deepest deserts and there were huts and small ground with carnival right in the middle of the desert. Camel Ride, Dune bashing, bbq kabobs and then as the night falls there is belly dancing till midnight. All in all an unforgettable event in dubai.

1  Thank hafeez143
in 22 reviews
"falcon"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My daughter lives in Dubai so we got residence rates even better. I have done a dessert Safari twice before always enjoyable. Food very good. Entertainment excellent not tacky at all

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are experienced desert 4wd people from Australia & we found our driver really knew how to handle the vehicle - we were mighty impressed! The camp after the dune bashing is very pleasant and well laid out. The staff are extremely pleasant and the food is fantastic. The grumps who didn't appreciate the food were un- adventurous eaters! It was fresh, fresh, fresh but Middle Eastern - you are in the Middle East! The entertainment was really fabulous & considering this company is $30 cheaper than Arabian Adventures, you would be hard pressed to find better value for money. Really, it was a lovely experience. We participated in the short camel ride & had our hands henna painted - all part of a great experience. All this for the price of a dinner in town!!!

3  Thank RobynBSydney
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We recently booked a tour on the 04 May 2014 via the hotel. We was assurred it was a VIP package with decent food. I have been on this type of Tour before so I fully knew what to expect but to my dissappoinment , the driver did not deliver. I some how gathered that he was using his personal Vehicle and was extremley cautious not to damage his vehicle. We never really had a Bash at the dunes like done before , he just took the easy route ..
The Buffet was terrible , The pasta and Dhall had a terrible taste , as if it was going off. Almost every second person threw away their food. The Meat side of the Buffet was very limited , 1 x Tiny Drumstick and 1 x Chicken Skewer. Entertianment was decent thou

See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Most important choice is to get the right company. We went with Knight Tours and I would not recommend going with that company. I'll admit that if you had an engaging and knowledgable guide, the excursion may not have been quite as painful as it was and unfortunately we did not. After a surly 3;30 pick-up at our hotel and an hour and 15 minute drive to the dunes listening to rap music we embarked on the fun portion of the program which was the dune bashing. Certainly fun and for the 30 or so minutes was a treat. If the experience would have stopped there, I would have given this a better review. After another 20 minute drive you are taken to an 'authentic' Bedouin village where you have a meal and some entertainment. The food was good and the entertainment energetic however the three hours it took to accomplish was simply too much. I'd recommend using another company and/or if you are adventurous simply doing the buggy tour without the dinner.

1  Thank Cindy S