“Fairly decent but needs improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 427 Tours in Dubai
Durban, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fairly decent but needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We recently booked a tour on the 04 May 2014 via the hotel. We was assurred it was a VIP package with decent food. I have been on this type of Tour before so I fully knew what to expect but to my dissappoinment , the driver did not deliver. I some how gathered that he was using his personal Vehicle and was extremley cautious not to damage his vehicle. We never really had a Bash at the dunes like done before , he just took the easy route ..
The Buffet was terrible , The pasta and Dhall had a terrible taste , as if it was going off. Almost every second person threw away their food. The Meat side of the Buffet was very limited , 1 x Tiny Drumstick and 1 x Chicken Skewer. Entertianment was decent thou

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great fun for 20 minutes...then a slow painful 3 hours.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Most important choice is to get the right company. We went with Knight Tours and I would not recommend going with that company. I'll admit that if you had an engaging and knowledgable guide, the excursion may not have been quite as painful as it was and unfortunately we did not. After a surly 3;30 pick-up at our hotel and an hour and 15 minute drive to the dunes listening to rap music we embarked on the fun portion of the program which was the dune bashing. Certainly fun and for the 30 or so minutes was a treat. If the experience would have stopped there, I would have given this a better review. After another 20 minute drive you are taken to an 'authentic' Bedouin village where you have a meal and some entertainment. The food was good and the entertainment energetic however the three hours it took to accomplish was simply too much. I'd recommend using another company and/or if you are adventurous simply doing the buggy tour without the dinner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cindy S
Yerevan, Yerevan, Armenia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Desert Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I participated in the Desert Safari tour. We had looked up tour operators before arriving in Dubai but didn't get a chance to decide on a company and book. Our hotel recommended Knight Tours and we were pleased. The cost was 220 DHM per person, which was cheaper than any of the tours advertised online. The operator picked us up at our hotel around 3 pm. There were two other couples with us in the vehicle...a Toyota Land Cruiser with internal rolling bars. From Dubai, we drove to the Sharjah Desert to experience "dune bashing." If you get car sick, this might not be the best option for you, as it was an adventurous off-road drive across the dunes. Even with my seatbelt fastened, I was bouncing out of my seat! We stopped a couple of times en route to get out of the vehicle, take pictures and enjoy the scenery. After crossing the Desert, we travled to the Camp and stayed here for the remainder of the evening. Upon entrance, they offered Arabic coffee and sweet snacks. Then we had free time to chose from a variety of activities including camel rides, falcon watching, henna tatoos, hooka smoking, etc. After about 90 minutes of self directed activities, a buffet dinner was served. The food was good and consisted of salad, hummus, several meats, rice, curries, breads and later a dessert table with rice pudding and fruit. After dinner we were entertained with Egyption and Belly dancers. The show was about 45 minutes and then we were taken back to our hotel around 9:30 pm. Overall it was a nice desert experience in contrast with the typical city experience of Dubai.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Denise J
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
795 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 681 helpful votes
“Best Drivers in all the Desert Safari's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Every time I have a friend visiting Dubai and they wanna do the desert safari I choose Knight Tours. The package is not the best (some other tours include other activities like sand board and quads) but this for me is the most authentic. All the driver's are locals and drive like crazy through the dunes of sand. The food is the most typical and the quality is excellent. The show afterwards is average but the activity are good. The chance of taking pictures with falcons is a big plus. I would recommend it above others if you like the adrenaline of driving fast.

Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Mediocre at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was an alright tour experience. We really wanted to see the desert and experience a little bit of the "desert" life. The tour in all reality is this: 6 people crammed in a car, 1 hour+ drive to the desert, dune bashing (the best part!), 5 minute camel ride, terrible buffet food, and a really really lame show of belly dancers. It was an alright experience, definitely wouldn't recommend it to friends. I don't know if other companies do it better as there are so many others in Dubai but all in all this was a very mediocre experience.

Visited September 2012