“Interesting...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Japanese and Italian food. Branch also at Dubai Mall
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ate here as a change whilst staying at the R-C over the road. Until we entered we didn't realise that it was a Sushi/Italian combination (the menu is half and half) and I'm guessing that we'll never see anything like it again! We chose Italian and it was OK; could create something easily as good (better) at home though so nothing special, although people did seem to be enjoying the sushi so perhaps we should have chosen from the other half of the menu...

There are newer reviews for scoozi

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wouldn't say it was bad, but it was an odd combination of food, a menu half Italian, half Japanese neither very good, neither very bad.
I didn't regret trying it but one visit is enough.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The restaurant is located at the begining of the JBR which will allow you to park outside the chaos of JBR and then walk to it. They provide a great sushi and their staff are so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Scoozi is by far my favorite place in Dubai to get sushi. Their buffet offer makes it so that I can get my sushi fix without spending hundreds of Dirhams. While their service can be a tad bit slow at times, they make up for it with their authentic tasting sushi. A tip for anyone going in the near future, if you cant seem to find the sushi you want on the conveyor belt, feel free to ask one of the sushi chefs to make it for you, I did that today and the chef decided to keep the plates coming. Every 5 minutes or so he'd come over to our table and say "Chefs special" and hand us a plate of sushi that wasnt available on the conveyor. Really made our visit worthwhile. And then to top it off, the sushi offer comes with a dessert. I recommend the chocolate fondant .

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Sushi must be fresh and made with care and attention, this restaurant does not fail to meet the brief. The chefs are creative and will make food to order, they are quick and have great attention to balanced flavours and combinations. Now, the Italian element. The restaurant is split in two, half Japanese, half Italian. I suggest you walk in, turn right and don't look back as the concept does not work and is saved by the food.