“Best Sushi in town!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Japanese and Italian food. Branch also at Dubai Mall
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you're a sushi lover, you've got to visit this place. Make sure to get the "As mush as you can eat" offer and sit next to the sushi belt. You can eat whatever quantity for 155 AED and get dessert as well. Try the "Hot Katerina" and the "Fried Tempura Sushi"..WOW..

1  Thank Nourhan88

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Flies are everywhere, they don't cover the sushi after they make them...Italian food takes like forever to make them at scoozi !!! and the wooden walls are filled with fungus !!

1  Thank Sade2
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The combination of a Restaurant serving Japanese food coupled with an Italian dining experience might seem odd to start with, but it is actually a brilliant idea. We always choose to go to the JBR Restaurant. My wife, for example does not like Japanese food but adores Italian cuisine, while i do like the Sushi, Maki, Fire Flakes, etc.. Scoozi is therefore always a very useful idea in our mind when it somes to the question: where do we go tonight? The Sushi conveyor belt all-you-can-eat buffet is very reasonably priced at AED 140 and includes if you like a Miso soup as a sort of starter and a fantastic crabstick, cucumber salad (Excellent). The staff will prepare you favourite and the variety on the belt is always amazing. My favourites are the Fire Flakes and the Tempura Crabstick on a bed of rice. I always finish with a selection of Ice cream as a dessert (included in the price), while my wife will always choose the Cream Panacotta for dessert. The choices from the Italian Menu are extensive and she has always been able to find her desired dish for that evening. We have never been disappointed by the quality of the food and the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff is excellent. Overall, we consider this Restaurant as a great choice in the category value for money and we will continue to visit it frequently.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chose Scoozi because it was the only cafe/restaurant that looked over the fountain show that had a free table for 6 with such short notice. We soon found out why. As above it was the worst service and the worst food we had the whole time we were in Dubai. It may be because the service in Dubai is so great usually but it really stood out for me, we had to ask two or three times to order our food, the mains came before we had finished eating our starters and the waiter just took our plates away (or just pushed it into the middle of the table in one case) and two meals didnt come until the rest of the party had finished attempting their food. A small issue but the staff didnt seem to have any communication between each other, we had two waiting staff approach us to take our order after we had already done so and were offered black pepper several times. The food itself: I have been put off calamari for life after my starter, it was soggy, stringy and not crispy at all, the batter was thick and overbearing. My main course of lasagne seemed to consist solely of cheese and pasta with hardly any meat or sauce. At times I was just trying to chew lumps of cheese. My friends had similar experiences with not one of us finishing our meal or starter and we all had a joke trying to guess which meat what which. Luckily we laughed it off and Scoozi actually became a running joke of the holiday but I felt compelled to write this review to stop other people having the same experience and ruining the lovely city for them!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

One of my best sushi places in Dubai although some of my friends think otherwise.. I typically go to the JBR branch.

Try the open sushi offer .. the salad that comes with it is superb. You may need to get to know the available sushi items on the menu, because they don't put all the items on the belt if you don't specifically request it ..

1  Thank Ayoub W