“For a stop-over good basic hotel in functional location”
Review of London Crown Hotel

London Crown Hotel
Ranked #308 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had a stop-over of 20 hours in Dubai and wanted to get a glimpse of the city, and this hotel worked perfectly for us. Nice and clean, next to Bur Juman metro station (which takes you to Burj Khalifa with the red line in 10 minutes, and to the creek with the green line), it had all the basics we needed for such a short trip, so we would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roberto C

Reviewed February 20, 2014

From outside it looks very modern. Inside it looks old, conservative and somewhat dingy. Some staff were helpful. Our room was also dingy and the carpet had stains. Breakfast was quite okay. Building sites surround the hotel but noise was not a problem. Location was the best feature - within walking distance of The Creek, Metro station almost on the doorstep and various shops and restaurants in close proximity. Whilst we had no real complaints, we would choose another reasonably priced hotel for our next visit to Dubai.

Apart from various tours available in Dubai, buy a Metro card to use on both Red & Green lines. The Metro is a great way to get around Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed February 17, 2014

London Crown hotel is near Burjman center is an ideal low cost hotel for business and other visitors. Rent is reasonable. You will get a drop and pick at a cost. Food is good and Indian recipes in abundance. A metro rail station near by... You will also have quick access to city... Shopping also is possible in this area... I been to this place four times and this is my choice in Dubai for short visits...

Room Tip: Most rooms are ok. Try for a large room as for the same rent you may allot sometimes a smaller room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 4,751,234
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Had booked this hotel after careful research on this website as well as others. For the price i was willing to pay this seemed to be the better option. Pickup and drop at the airport was provided
by the hotel. We arrived earlier than the scheduled checkin time of 14:00, and within an hour we were provided with our rooms at no extra cost. Breakfast is complimentary as adequate. If you have any special requests you can ask a day before in the restaurant for breakfast next day.
Rooms are decent sized, clean and comfortable. Bathroom is a little small.
As mentioned earlier in other reviews, there is a lot of construction going on around the place, but we were lucky for the week we stayed,no work was going on.
The location is excellent, hardly 50 mtrs from Burjuman Metro station and pretty much 10-15 mins drive to the major malls in the area.
There are 2 more hotels in the area named london crown, so it is easy to get confused. same goes for the taxi drivers too. Best way to remember is close to the metro station and near holiday inn hotel.
I had only a small issue with bed bugs which made it impossible to sleep for the last 2 days, same was informed to the reception and rectified. Other than that it was a comfortable stay.
All the staff are good, especially the restaurant boys. swimming pool and gym are located in a sister concern and is available for the visitors. Free wifi is available in the lobby.
Worth staying again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel above 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shehwaz
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was searching for a hotel for my 5 day stay in Dubai. Dubai is expensive and London Crown Hotel had and I am sure still has decent prices for their rooms, but READ THIS FIRST.

One thing you should know is Dubai is a small BUSY BUSY city with lots of traffic. On the map, this hotel is not far from Downtown Dubai which is the place you will want to visit the most (Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Bahara Souk), but you will have to take a taxi and most likely you will be stuck in traffic during the hours normal people want to explore the city/country. You will not be able to walk from this hotel to any decent place like a Mall. You can walk to a Metro Station, but its a 10 minute walk. Another thing to keep in mind, in DUBAI no one walks except for the foreigner workers which migrated from India/Bangladish/Phillipines.

Now my experience and this is an honest review:
The hotel as soon as you walk in smells like curry. You will think you are in India/Bangladish/SirLanka. I am not racist, but this is the truth. 98% of their customers who stay and sleep in this hotel are Indians/Bangladish/SirLanka. The staff team is very poor and most of the time you won't find anyone at the front desk. The rooms are not well maintained neither.
When I checked in, I was told the key won't be available for another 4 to 6 hours. I had to stay in a room without a key. I was tired, so I just went to my room. When I walked in it was 60 degrees F or 15 degrees C. Their heating furnace wasn't working as well as their water heater.
I complained to the front desk and was simply told the maintenance team is on vacation the entire day. I asked one of the customers on the elevator if their room was cold and they told me "Yes, very cold."
I opened the shade to let some hot air in and BAM.....2 big buildings being built right outside next to this hotel. Noisy, so if you are going to stay here, get some ear plugs, extra blankets if you are going in the Winter and get ready to smell like Curry.
I asked to leave the hotel without paying for the room after 50 minutes of me being there. I was told that I must pay for the 5 days. They had my passport because my balance wasn't paid off. But I simply asked for my passport or I was going to contact the police. I was given my passport and was charged for 1 day only.
I contacted Booking.com and explained my experience. Booking.com called the hotel and were told that I was being charged for 1 day for NO-SHOW. I ended up leaving and gotten a room at the Radison Blue.
I am filing a dispute with my credit card now to get the money London Crown charged me. I took pictures of the construction and the thermostat.
Trust me, London Crown prices are decent or cheap for a reason......I wouldn't even call it a 2 star hotel. Lots of construction around this hotel, smelly and poor service. Its also not close to the main attraction sites.
Do yourself and your family a favor and stay away.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Walid A
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 based on the location and budget. Nice small hotel whose main good point is the location where it is situated. Rooms are little small than a very good hotel. Staff was nice and friendly.

We took a taxi from airport and at first taxi driver took us to different hotel which was London Crown Apartments. I think there are 4 hotels starting with London Crown and all in nearby area. Dubai metro is also a good mode of transport and since the hotel was 1-2 mins away from the metro station, it was a added benefit for less travelling.

Being in dubai if you don't fancy a full hi-fi and posh hotel with various facilities and wanted to go for a very normal stay then you can consider this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed there for 6 nites in September 2012 (sorry for belated review). The staffs were not really friendly but the place is clean & near to some shopping areas, including the dubai metro station. The water in the bathroom is still hot even at nite....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo