“My Fav hotel in Dubai”

Ranked #27 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“My Fav hotel in Dubai”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I cant say more about how amazing Armani Hotel in Dubai is. The staff are very welcoming and treated us with respect. I stayed twice in this hotel and in each stay I enjoyed this luxurious hotel. Its connected with Dubai mall which is a bonus. During our stay we were treated with deserts and complementary drinks in the fridge. There is a lifestyle manager in each floor. I loved the room design and the Armani furniture. The breakfast was amazing and diverse and the view was amazing to the Dubai fountain. defiantly coming back again.

Room Tip: Book early the fountain view with balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JHarding, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Lulualfa

Thank you for sharing your "My fav hotel in Dubai" review following your Stay with Armani with us here in Dubai.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your second stay and look forward to being able to welcome you back for your third very shortly. Please let us know when we can arrange these details for you.

Sent with all our very best wishes.

Jason Harding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is located right in the city centre in Dubai. I watched the water fountain show from my room through the window, so did not need to go down to get a clear picture, lol. The hotel design is almost futuristic with no door handles or knobs, since it was my first time it took me a while to get into my room,lol. There are mini i-pads available to control everything (the curtains, temperature, lights and tv). There is direct VIP access to the Dubai mall if you are staying in the hotel. As expected, everything is designed by Armani (and i mean everything, even the sugar cubes). Armani hotel is really a definition of 5*

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacklyn o
JHarding, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Jacklyn O

Thank you also for sharing your "Great location" review following your Stay with Armani here in Dubai.

We are all delighted to read you enjoyed watching The Dubai Dancing Fountains from your room, playing with our In-Room i-Pad and the direct access to The Dubai Mall we've arranged especially for our residents.

Hong Kong
Reviewed January 11, 2014

One of the best business hotels I have ever been. Impeccable service and quality of food in all the restaurants we went. The rooms are large with stacked with everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel and more. There are I-Pads available in the rooms to control everything from temperature, to lights, curtains, TV, movies and wake-up calls. The staff is very friendly and helpful and hurried to pay my cab when I did not have enough cash on my arrival. I could not fault a thing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear World_traveller_Fam

Thank you also for sharing your "Great Hotel" review following your Stay with Armani with us here in Dubai.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed the service provided, quality of food and our In-Room i-Pads. We are especially pleased to see we were able to assist with your taxi payment.

On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to being able to welcome you back very soon. Please don't hesitate to let us know when we can arrange these details for you.

mansfield
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Dreamy decor, distinctive smell and ambience and high tec rooms. Service generally outstanding, although breakfast restaurant a little hit and miss. The service of the lifestyle managers, the spa staff the guys by the pool, the lift attendants and the room staff are nothing short of 5*, very warm and friendly.
Highly recommended and for us a real treat

Room Tip: Classic room worth paying the extra, we loved 603
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Juzzymuzzy

Thank you for sharing your "One of my favourite hotels in the world - gorgeous!!" review following your Stay with Armani with us here in Dubai.

We are all delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and service from our lifestyle and spa teams.

On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to being able to welcome you back very soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know when we can arrange your details for you.

Sent with our best wishes.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Armani Hotel. Walking distance from Dubai mall. The staff are friendly and loved the complimentary chocolates and drinks provided. Make sure you book the room with breakfast as the food quality is great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emirates_Arab
Dear Emirates_Arab

Thank you for sharing your "Classy Hotel" review following your Stay with Armani with us here in Dubai.

We are all delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, especially your breakfast!

Sent with our best wishes.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location, amazing fountain view, warmest welcome, uncomparable cleanliness, the best hotel experience among so many we had before, very practicle access to Dubai Mall through a private tunnel, easy access to the Top of Burj Khalifa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Roula M
Dear Roula M

Thank you for sharing your "Best Hotel Ever" review following your Stay with Armani with us here in Dubai.

We are all delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, views of The Dubai Dancing Fountains, warm welcome and access to The Dubai Mall and At the Top.

Sent with all our best wishes.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Armani Hotel provides an overall pleasant, if not overpriced stay. Most aspects are done well, but there are still some issues which in my view, make it very hard to justify the high roomrates when considering the deficiencies in service.

Reservation: I had difficulty booking my room as the purpose of my stay was to spend a final night at a hotel after residing in Dubai and wrapping up all loose ends. Because I was closing my bank accounts down, I didn't have a credit card functional at the time of my stay. I wanted to pay for the room with cash on arrival but was told it was not possible to make a reservation in the system without a credit card number. In the end we settled on providing my credit card number for the purposes of reservation even though I knew I would be closing that account down. The process was rather stressful but I achieved a reservation eventually.

Check in: I arrived prior to the check in time of 3pm at midday on a Friday before Christmas. Staff at the front door were welcoming and after a small wait time in the lobby, I was checked in and taken to my room. Water or juice as a refreshment is offered on arrival.

Room: I had a classic room which is one step up from the most basic of rooms. It's technically a suite, though it has the smallest living room area of any suite I've ever stayed in. Sleek and sparsely decorated but still with quite a luxurious feel. I think the rooms look nicer at night when lit up by the artificial lighting as opposed to during the day. The mini bar stocks light snacks and a variety of non alcoholic drinks which are included in your roomrate. The bed is huge and with nice linens but it was not as comfortable as I would have expected.

Bathroom: It's a little hard to see properly in the bathroom as it's quite dark. Nice amenties are provided but I did find it a little confusing that big bottles of shower gel/shampoo are on offer yet the conditioner for hair is only 20ml sachets. Women use loads of conditioner!

Spa: I've been to the Armani Spa three times and while the massages are usually excellent, there is always, without exception, some kind of massive stuff up made by the spa staff. One time this was me getting a manicure from a girl who clearly had never done a manicure in her life. This is unforgiveable when the Armani Spa price of a manicure is 600AED yet at regular places in Dubai, the cost is 160AED and you get a more comprehensive service, not to mention an experienced technician. This is appalling and even though I gave feedback to the spa manager after this visit, my third visit when I stayed at the hotel was just as bad. I arrived ten minutes early, only to be left waiting in reception for ten minutes. After getting changed in the in changing room when eventually summoned, I was told by spa staff that due to the fact it was now 3:10pm and my appointment was due to start at 3pm, they would have to take time off my treatment. Wait, what? Armani spa reception staff keep me waiting after I turn up early and then the treatment staff try to lessen my treatment time? Freaking outrageous. I was furious and told the spa staff that their own colleagues were tardy, not me. They agreed not to deduct time from my treatment in the end but I was so annoyed, I couldn't enjoy my massage in the intial stages. The spa is consistently bad and makes no efforts to improve. I wouldn't go back to this spa and encourage you to try one of the spas at another five star establishment instead. There are only 50 or so to choose from!

Housekeeping: Despite leaving the "please make up my room" sign on and requesting that housekeeping do turndown service at a specific time while I was at dinner, my room wasn't serviced at all. Two and a half hours later I turn up ready to go to bed before an early flight and have to stay up and wait while I request that housekeeping make up my room. Not cool and not good service at any five star hotel, let alone the prices Armani Hotel charges.

Armani/Amal: I've dined at other Armani restaurants while living in Dubai and am pleased to say that Amal truly deserves its consistently high ranking on Tripadvisor. It was a beautiful evening and the only aspect of my stay that was perfectly executed.

In summary I'd say that unless you are obsessed with name brands, there is better value to be had at other hotels in Dubai. The Burj Al Arab for example is more expensive, but I think proportionate to the price, you get better value for money. Until the Armani Hotel pulls its socks up, I will neither be returning nor recommending this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MsHellfire
JHarding, General Manager at Armani Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear MsHellfire

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Armani Hotel on your last night in Dubai.

Thank you also for sharing so much detail of your stay and whilst we are pleased to read most of your feedback we apologise for the experience shared in the spa. We will reach out to you separately in order to understand the challenges faced.

We hope that your onward journey went smoothly and you're starting to settle in your new location.

On behalf of the entire team we all wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!