“Relaxing and Peaceful Stay but limited facilities”

Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
Ranked #187 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and Peaceful Stay but limited facilities”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is my 7th time in Dubai and after always staying in jumeriah beach hotels, I wanted to stay on the Palm for a change.

I booked the Kempinski for its apartment/Suites as I was staying with my husband, toddler and mother in law and felt that this would give us some room and space.

After reading previous reviews, I was quite worried I had made a mistake, but after staying at the Kempinski I would have to say it was a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing stay!

We stayed in a 2 bedroom superior suite (apartment). It was absolutely fabulous and very impressive. The bedrooms were extremely spacious and the lounge/dining and kitchen area were beautifully furnished, well presented and equipped. Its probably the best suite I have ever stayed in!!

Breakfast was good with a wide variety on offer. I didnt have dinner at the restaurant - so can't comment. Although there was only 1 restaurant at the hotel which seems limiting! We did though have a BBQ one night on the beach which was great - food very good and plenty of choice (approx. £45pp). Beach was beautiful and quiet with plenty of beds available.

There were a few things that I feel could have been better. The pool, although great was quite small and also the children's pool was too. I did find the towels being put on beds and then seeing no one on them all day ridiculous! I think the hotel should look into this! The kids club was disappointing - it was a little room off reception and didnt feel it would appeal to most kids!. Also no park for children and very limiting activities. I feel this hotel would not suit anyone with more grown up kids - they would likely get very bored!! Also the other thing is that there is only 1 restaurant.

The location was fine - it took 20 minutes to get to Mall of Emirates, 30 minutes to Dubai Mall, 15 minutes to Wild Wadi and 5 minutes to Atlantis.

On the whole we had a great stay, the service and staff were brillant - no problems encountered at all whilst at the hotel. It was a very quiet, relaxing holiday.

I would recommend this hotel to larger parties travelling together as the suites/rooms are just wonderful. For anyone with teenagers - I think you should look at a hotel with more going on...

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lagoon are great and you can see everything going on!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lisa e
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Lisa E,

Thank you very much for your time to post your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

It is so great to hear you enjoyed the spacious Suite, breakfast, Argentinian Barbecue, overall location and the tranquility all around the resort. Most importantly, I am happy to hear that our staff could make it up to your expectations.

I also thank you for mentioning the areas which need further development. It is through such comments like yours' we constantly work on improving our services and facilities.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Burkhard Wolter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My Family and I stayed at the Kempinski Palm Jumeirah over Easter, I must say we we're a little apprehensive before we arrived due to some of the mixed reviews online.

However, on arrival we we're pleasantly surprised, I was traveling with my wife and 3 children, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with private pool. The hotel and rooms are immaculate, as you would expect in a new 5 star hotel, with lots of extras, i.e Bose Ipod sound system and DVD, Nespresso machine, 46inc TVs in all rooms and a fully equipped kitchen.

The private pool and patio area whilst small is very private and well maintained, it's a shame the road outside is so busy and noisy. The main pool area is small, and there was a shortage of sun lounger on one day and when busy the two pool waiters are run off their feet so expect to wait for drinks and food, both the pool and beach have lifeguards which is nice to see, be careful of the jelly fish in the sea, there is a net to keep them out, but a few still sneak in.

The things that let this hotel down are nothing to do with the infrastructure, it’s the service and location. Their appear to be more managers/supervisors walking around in the restaurant and by the pool in the day than waiters, our quick lunch took 1.5 hours (pizzas and sandwiches), we had room service 5 times during our stay and the order was wrong 3 times, the people who take the orders just do not speak or understand English well enough, ironically the best conversation I had with a junior member of staff was the lifeguard in the beach, he speaks perfect English and is a lovely guy, he's wasted on the beach.

Due to the location, it takes some time to get a taxi, ensure you plan ahead and book, there is very little to do in the hotel as there is no choice of restaurants and kids cannot go in the bar, so we went out every evening, it's takes about 15 minutes to get to Mall of the Emirates and 20 minutes to get to Dubai Mall, both have allot of choice and cost approx. £10/$15 to get too, very child friendly and allot cheaper than the hotel restaurant.

Final area of improvement is the kids club, my kids popped in and out through the week and we felt very safe leaving them there, however the fact that there is not a toilet in the kids club is rather strange !

Overall we had a great stay, the hotel has the potential to be great, maybe when all the other hotels open and there is more to do on the palm. That said, as there was not allot to do, we just chilled out and relaxed.

Room Tip: Top Tip... Take a taxi to one of the supermarkets at the Mall and fill your fridge/freezer with good...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lee_Mr
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Lee_Mr,

First of all, thank you for taking time to post a very detailed and constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you liked the hotel suites, infrastructure and style.

Your comments on several service areas at the hotel are so detailed which will help us work on constantly improving and training our associates in a Kempinski standard.
Once again thank you for staying with us. We will be looking forward to welcome you and your family soon.

London, UK
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had the first 5 days of our honeymoon and decided to stay at Kempinski Pam Jumeirah as it was a newly opening and I know of Kempinski's great customer service. I was not disappointed at all. We were upgraded in to a suite with our own private pool, and the staff could never do enough for you. The assistant manager of reception Mr Hany Warda was the nicest person i have ever met. He really made our stay amazing as anything we ever needed he was always happy to help.

The beach is amazing and the pool superb.

I've noticed that people who go for the 3-4 bedroom penthouses get fantastic prices and it just isnt worth staying anywhere else when you have such amazing service and such great prices.

Room Tip: private pool was a little small (dont expect to do laps) but great for a dip
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ethem_E_85
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Ethem_E_85,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your positive review. It is so great to hear you chose Kempinski Palm Jumeirah as your honeymoon destination and enjoyed Kempinski standard service in a way you expected.

I am especially pleased to hear that my team has made your stay comfortable.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back again,

London
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The word palatial springs to mind when you walk into the lobby area for the first time, wall to wall marble, and plenty of luxurious touches everywhere that you looked. We were staying in the Residence (the adjoining hotel was still being built) and I have to say that the rooms were out of this world.

They apartment was huge (and we only had two bedrooms) high ceilings, chandeliers, beautiful furniture and large comfortable beds all created an excellent first impression. As we have come to expect with the Kempinski group, the service and staff were all excellent, which is especially important when travelling with an energetic two year old.

The environment was relaxing, there was loads of space and you always felt very secure (this is important for us as a young family).

Although the resort is away from the main attractions in Dubai itself, 20 minutes in a cab will take you to the marina and mall of emirates and a little further and you can reach the other main malls. Atlantis is just five minutes in a free shuttle provided by the resort where you can access their restaurants and the aquarium.

All told we had a wonderful time and really enjoyed our stay, a special mention for Burkhard Wolter and his team who made every effort to make our stay enjoyable.

Thanks again for a great trip and we hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms on the pool side have direct access to the gardens and the pool, great if you...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mac74London
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Mac74London,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave your so positive review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am especially pleased to hear that my team has made it up to Kempinski standards to make your stay this enjoyable.

We will be looking forward to see you and your family again soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We just finished a 10 day stay at this newer Kempinski property. Needless to say, the size of the rooms is a huge plus, very spacious, great kitchen and terrace. The beds were to die for, very comfortable. We felt like we were sleeping in our beds from home, which usually in a hotel is not the case. The complimentary transfers to Atlantis were much appreciated. Beach, children's pool and pool itself were also wonderful, and the staff was eager to please. Definitely recommend, we will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nikolai_Bloyd
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good experience throughout - nice big rooms with possibility for in-house dining, nice outdoor area, quiet, nice beach, nice pool area, not too crowded, friendly staff and good service (obvious that staff tried very hard to be excellent). Really nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Artemis500
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear Artemis500,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive review. Your comment is invaluable for us and enables us to continually improve our services.

We will be looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went with a friend and it was a very romantic stay, no noisy, calm and relaxing, inside the Palm so we have the best views over all Dubai (burj al Arab, Khalifa, Marina etc), fantastic breakfast, nice little bar with a very funny pianist, romantic and delighful dinners, nice garden that you can wander around and watch the stars... and the rooms... the rooms... so nice! they look like you are in an european palace! and the beach is one of the best I have seen inside a citty... well kept, clean, organize, the water is amazing and the views to die for... even if it was around 62F when I visit! (I didn´t expect that cold in Dubai, I though it was summer all year round, but if you are lucky and t here is no wind, is still unvelibable). Thanks!!!

Room Tip: The best rooms are overlooking the city, you will have the sea, beach and garden view between you an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lin C
KempinskiPalm, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Lin C,

Thank you very much for your lovely and encouraging words. It is my great pleasure to read that you have had an enjoyable and romantic stay with us. It is especially good to hear that we could make you feel the Kempinski's remarkable European flair.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.