“Great location”

Ranked #80 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Canberra, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in April in a club room on the 23rd floor. The views of Dubai we had were fantastic looking straight out at the burj al Arab. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The bathroom had a fantastic deep bath to soak in at the end of a long day out exploring. Breakfast in the club lounge was lovely with a good selection of food, great coffee and beautiful views, the staff remembered us after the first day which we found amazing and were extremely polite every time we were there. The coffee shop in the lobby was a great spot for a snack, light dinner or even an ice cream at the end of the day. The location was wonderful being attached to the mall of Emirates, there are a huge array of shops, so many that are not in Australia that shopping was exciting and enjoyable. The staff were extremely polite, helpful and honest - when giving a tip to the porter in arriving I hadn't grasped the exchange rate he accepted the tip and left, then when he realised what he had been given he came back to our room and insisted we take half back as it was too much, we found this incredibly honest and appreciated the gesture - such a fantastic attitude the staff have. Would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The club floor is well worth the extra money for the benefits it provides
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank diron5
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear diron5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Indeed, we are conveniently connected to the luxurious Mall of the Emirates featuring over 560 brands and entertainment activities for all ages including indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Furthermore, as you very well mentioned, when booking a Club room you gain access to the Sheraton Club and additional benefits such as high speed internet, Nespresso machine in the room, light snacks and soft drinks throughout the day in the Club Lounge, as well as tea time and happy hour.

Once again, we are happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations once again and we hope to connect with you soon for another memorable stay!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

great hotel great staff large clean rooms great shopping with access to local rail transport wouldn't stay for an extended period but for our 3 day stop over it was ideal only issue was that there was a lot of traffic noise when you were eating outside or trying to relax at the outside drinks areas

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank B
Management_Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Frank B,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback from your last stay with us.

We are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and we hope to welcome you back for another memorable and hopefully longer stay!

JP Kavanagh
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by my friend who stayed in this hotel before and it was worth staying in this hotel I was with my wife and 2 kids and stayed in a junior suite which includes breakfast. You can go to The Mall Of Emirates directly through hotel which is quite a big mall along with Ski Dubai also located. Its little far from OLD Dubai but if you are on Vacation then this is the place as it is very near to Dubai Mall too. Also all attractions like Palm Atlantis or Water park is also near. Hotel staff is very nice and service is very good. You will feel pretty relaxed when you want to have some beer with hukka on this hotels 5th floor restaurant in the late eve....

Room Tip: I don't have to tip for a room but if your breakfast is included in the package then try to go e...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajiv P
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Rajiv P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel.

Indeed, we are linked to the renowned Mall of the Emirates, which offers over 560 shopping options as well as entertainment activities for all ages like indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Additionally, the mall is directly linked to the metro, allowing our guests to easily explore the city’s main attractions.

Once again, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

New Delhi
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked this hotel due to it's proximity to the Mall of the Emirates which has the Ski Dubai. Also the hotel is pretty near to the Wild Wadi Water Park and the other Jumeirah Beach attractions. Even the Palm Atlantis, in case you want to visit, is not very far away.

We stayed in a Club Room. The Club Lounge was good - we could get something to eat or drink any time of the day. The staff at the lounge and overall in the hotel was very courteous.

The Spa and Pool on the 24th floor has a very nice view of Dubai - you can see the Burj Khalifa on one side, the Dubai Marina skyline and even the palm atlantis on the other.

The room was good, spacious and had good amenities. The one I liked the most was the Nespresso machine in the room :)

Room Tip: Club Floor is good and Room numbers ending with 04 and 06 have the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank manjun
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear manjun,

Thank you for taking your in sharing your thoughts from your last stay with us.

As you rightly said we are centrally located and are easily accessible to Dubai’s most tourist attractions. Additionally, we are conveniently connected to Mall of the Emirates featuring over 560 brands from all around the world and entertainment activities such as indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Furthermore, as you also very well mentioned, when staying in a Club Room you gain access to our Sheraton Club lounge featuring high speed internet, high tea, happy hours, lights snacks throughout the day and more.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and we look forward to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I been there for 3 nights (June 05-09,2014),the staff freindly, the breakfast very good but they have to add more options like sheraton Dammam,the hotel in perfect location between Dubai Mall and the Marina and its wall to wall with mall of the emirates also near to the metro.
I recommand this hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Basheer-Mohaishi
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Basheer A,

Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel.

Indeed, we are conveniently connected to Mall of the Emirates featuring over 560 brands and entertainment activities such as indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Furthermore, as you very well mentioned, the mall is also linked to the metro allowing our guests to easily explore the city’s main attractions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we hope to welcome you back soon for an even more memorable stay!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I wasn't impressed.

I recently wrote another review of an hotel where you could feel really welcomed. I found the service being totally artificial - people said the right things, but it was far from welcoming.

Also, I would never recommend anybody to choose this hotel if they have their own car. First, I followed the signs for the "Sheraton hotel parking', and found myself with other 100s of people looking for a parking space for the mall. To then realize that that's not the right place, and one should instead drive to the (other) front door at G level and use the valet service.

The hotel has two receptions, two entrances and two lifts. whatever entrance you arrive from, you need to get to the 5th floor and change lift. Not a real issue, but if you are there for business and have to do it 10 times in a day it becomes really tedious.

Rooms are fair and clean. But that was kinda taken for granted.

Location is good.

The SPA is very busy, but the service I had was actually good..

Overall, not impressed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear sgnappo,

Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel.

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to fully meet your expectations, however rest assured that we have shared your comments with the respective departments.

Furthermore, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Shine Spa on the 24th floor and our prime location. Our hotel is indeed connected to Mall of the Emirates featuring over 560 brands and entertainment activities for all ages including indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to welcome you back soon for a more memorable stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

In summary the hotel is nice but for me it missed the mark in crucial areas:

The Negatives:

Club Lounge Issues:

Lack of Vegetarian food – first day at afternoon tea I asked where the vegetarian sandwich was and staff member pointed to salmon, there were only 4 choices and all were meat or fish. I was hungry so asked for some bread which he did go and get for me. In the evening cocktail hour same issue as the 4 hot selections were all meat or fish, even the cold pasta had chicken in it, my advice is if you’re vegetarian let them know before you arrive. I raised the issue with the manager and they did try to accommodate with the addition of bread rolls, potato wedges but why couldn’t they provide a plain pasta or noodles with chicken on the side?

Personal Service Lacking – Quality of service from staff varied, Azharul was great but others forgot the personal element of service ie remembering guest preferences. I drink Breakfast Tea with milk, I don’t mind asking for milk first few times in the lounge but after that it gets repetitive, every morning I had to ask for milk and if I didn’t specify cold it arrived hot. One afternoon staff made my tea then left it on side while she made coffee’s for 2 other guests, when she finally delivered my tea it was luke warm and she didn’t appreciate me asking her for a fresh cup so I told her why.

General Food in Club level – Breakfast time the Oatmeal was warm at best, and there was a real lack of fresh fruit tiny cubes chopped in a small glass (like you’d use for a shot of whiskey). Afternoon tea had the tiniest cake pieces I’ve ever seen, I wasn’t bothered as don’t eat them but if you’ve got a sweet tooth be prepared! Again aside from apples lack of fresh fruit think the 5 cubes of melon in a glass were available if you wanted to have half a mouthful! I’d liked to have seen fresh juices on offer as they do for breakfast but no only tea or coffee, coke, diet coke etc. The offering in the evening cocktail hour was average, my vegetarian taste aside, I’ve stayed on Club level in a few hotels in Asia and this was the poorest offering in terms of choice, quantity and quality.

Club Lounge only had scrambled eggs which is usual for any Club level so twice I took breakfast in the Sanabel restaurant downstairs as decided I’d like fresh eggs, however I wasn’t expecting to have to order then wait 15 mins for poached eggs on both visits, honestly why have a chef making only omelettes not fresh eggs, I’ve never seen that in any hotel before, seems my request was unusual?! The fruit on offer was the same cubes in a glass or an apple, and same temperature problem with the Oatmeal.

SPA – Very disappointing, the reception area is like a dentists waiting room, it’s right by the lifts with them dinging and people coming and going as Spa is on same floor as gym and pool area hardly the tranquil start to your relaxation time. The Spa treatment menu doesn’t include manicures or pedicures etc, overall treatments are limited to approx 5 types of massage and 5 facials and a few body treatments. I had two different 1hr massages at the Spa and can honestly say it’s like a 3 star hotel spa, the towels are hard, the lockers wouldn’t work (a regular gym user told me that happens often when it’s hot!) the bathrobe I had didn’t have a belt with it and the oils used for my massage felt like chip fat on the skin as they didn’t have a fragrance to them or absorb well. The selection of teas on offer in the relax lounge didn’t include Ginger, there were only 5 to choose from, surely Ginger isn’t that unusual I know plenty of other spa’s that provide it. I’ll just add I regularly visit spas and have had treatments in Spa’s around the world so think I’m qualified to judge, I would suggest you either save your money or look elsewhere don’t waste it on this Spa! Overall Spa is neglected almost seems Sheraton doesn’t place importance on this facility and is keeping it only because it must to keep it’s 5 star hotel rating.

If you want a manicure or pedicure and don’t mind being in a shop, albeit one that’s out the way, you can take hotel lift down to the mall level and there’s salon called Sugar on your left hand side I had a 1 hour manicure and 1 hour pedicure for AED 120 not luxury but the girls did a good job.

Pool Area – This felt like a concrete jungle, I didn’t spend much time up there and the one time I did the pool towel was ripped with holes! Yes the views are nice but you can’t see them from the sun lounger, it’s functional and serves a purpose, although I’d planned to relax by the pool once I saw it I spent more time out exploring.

The Positives:

Check in: I arrived at 9am and was able to check-in straight away and settle into my room which was great, similarly on the day I was leaving staff were very accommodating and let me have a late check-out which made a big difference ending my stay on a positive note.

Club Rooms: The bed was so comfortable once of the nicest hotel beds I’ve slept in, bed linen was luxurious, shower pressure was very good and the deep bathtub surrounded by glass meant you could put TV on a music channel and listen to music while soaking in the tub!

Location: Is great you can get anywhere easily as you have the Mall of Emirates metro stop across road from hotel, note there are stairs only no lift up from street level so if can’t walk up stairs you can access the metro via the Shopping Mall also but it’s a longer walk. By a metro card which you can top up is the best way cost AED 20 of which AED 4 is for the card itself the AED 16 is credit then you top via machines using cash when needed. I used the metro to go to Dubai Marina, Burj Khalifia/Dubai Mall and the Creek area, travel with the locals it’s so easy to navigate as there are only 2 lines. The mall itself is handy, it has a supermarket if you want to purchase snacks or drinks etc and a choice of restaurants, ice-cream and coffee places plus plenty of shops. Since I was travelling alone it was nice to go for a walk after dinner especially I didn’t want to sit in the hotel bar by myself so I shopped instead!

It wasn't a bad stay just the smaller details that really enhance guest experience were missing but there were also positives as I've mentioned too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LFLovesTravel
Management_Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear LFLovesTravel,

Thank you for the time you took to share such descriptive feedback from your last stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to entirely meet your expectations, however rest assured that we have shared your thoughts with the concerned departments.

Furthermore, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds as they are specially made to give our guests the night of sleep that they require.

Additionally, as you very well mentioned, our hotel is very well located and directly connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai which is also linked to the metro, allowing our guests to easily explore the city’s main attractions.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope to welcome you back soon for a more memorable stay!

JP Kavanagh