“Lovely hotel with excellent customer service”

Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel
Ranked #80 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Vancouver, BC
“Lovely hotel with excellent customer service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and had a wonderful experience during my first visit in October. My flight arrived very early morning around 5am, so I have requested for early arrival when I made my reservation online. It was very easy to get to the hotel in the early morning via Dubai Metro as the hotel is located above the Mall of Emirates (which is connected to the Mall of Emirates station). You have to go through the mall to get to the hotel, but it was easy to navigate since the mall has good signage. When I arrived at the hotel around 7am to check-in, I was offered a glass of juice mocktail. The check-in was pretty fast, and I was given a room around 7:20am. That to me is excellent customer service, which proved how accommodating the hotel staff are, giving us a quiet room near the end of the hallway so early in the morning. My sister and I were able to catch some sleep before we headed out for our visit in the city in the afternoon. We reserved a two-beds room and it was very clean. The beds were so comfy that my sister felt asleep almost instantly after the early flight. The bathroom is quite big, with rainfall shower head from the ceiling, which was quite relaxing for showering. The bathroom has clear glass wall, which I think it will be great for couples; it was not a problem for us since the glass wall could be covered with the electric curtain. I got a standard room and it was quite spacious with a loveseat/ daybed by the window. The closet was spacious, and the desk was pretty big (can place lots of stuff beside my MacBook). It is quite nice that we get complimentary bottles of water if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest (free membership). The pool is relatively small but I enjoy a swim there after a hot day out. They also have a second pool that has Jacuzzi jets on the side. The pool is located at the rooftop so you can see the Burj Al Arab hotel and Jumeirah Beach Hotel not that far away. I really like how this hotel is right beside a Metro station as I can get to many places just taking the metro, such as Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall. There is also taxi outside of the hotel lobby that can take you to Bur Dubai if you are into historical neighbourhood for some cultural learning experience. Taxi ride was not expensive compared to North America, so if your destination is not close to the Metro, you can still get there by taxi. The best part about this hotel is the staff. I had a car accident on the highway on my way back to the hotel, so I called the front desk to ask the duty manager to cancel my tour that I booked with the hotel's tour desk. The duty manager was very helpful and asked me a few times if I was ok as well as taking down my contact number when I was riding the ambulance to a hospital for check-up. When I returned to the hotel, the staff at the front desk asked me if I was alright and showed their care about my accident. I was very grateful to have stayed in this hotel because it was pretty unfortunate to get into a car accident in a foreign country but the staff really showed how much they care about their customers. It was comforting to get to speak to them on the phone right after my accident, and I am still very grateful for their professionalism. If I visit Dubai again, I would stay in this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: If your flight is super early in the morning, put down that early arrival and estimated time in your...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear ar_e2000,

Thank you for the time you took to share with us such descriptive feedback from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

Indeed, our hotel is conveniently connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai and features more than 560 brands from all over the world as well as entertainment activities such as Ski Dubai and VOX Cinemas.

Furthermore, as you very well mentioned, the mall is linked to the metro station allowing our guests to explore the city’s major attractions and business hubs.

Moreover, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our loyal guest, especially in regards to our associates and rest assured that we have shared your feedback with all the team.

Once again, we are happy to hear that despite the unfortunate car accident you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay!

Sammy Gani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just returned home after a fabulous 5 night stay at the Sheraton. We had a Classic room on the 16th floor. The hotel meets every expectation of a 5 star. From the time we were efficiently checked in at the ground floor lobby, to the time we checked out at the 5th floor one, I'd be hard-pressed to complain about anything. The room was spacious & very nicely designed. The all glass bathroom (with automated blinds) was excellent. The hotel is attached to Dubai's 2nd largest mall - Mall Of The Emirates - making the location unique. Almost a 100 dining options & over 500 of the finest retail stores are literally at your doorstep. As is the very reliable Dubai metro, which has a station at the mall. The world's largest indoor snow park - Ski Dubai - is also part of the mall. 10 minutes by taxi to downtown Dubai/Burj Khalifa & the same distance to Dubai Marina, make the hotel position very central. The old Dubai areas of Bur Dubai/Deira are a half hour taxi ride away, but then if one wants to be there daily or on a regular basis, it would probably just be best to stay in that vicinity. Room service & housekeeping requests were always met with promptness & the staff were always smiling & ready to help. The concierge booked us a very nice dhow cruise at the marina & was very helpful with any other information we needed about travel or tours. The only constructive criticism I'd like to make is that the hotel & rooms could probably do with a slight touch of Arabia, just to provide that little bit of ethnicity; the all chrome-&-mirror finish is undoubtedly great, but lacks a bit of soul. Other than that, it's all terrific!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_Sheraton, Gerente geral at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear 66Sandeep,

Thank you for the time you took to share your constructive feedback and pictures from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

Indeed, we are conveniently connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai, featuring more than 560 brands from all over the world and entertainment activities such as indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Furthermore, as you also very well mentioned, the mall is linked to the metro allowing our guests to explore the city’s main attractions avoiding all the traffic.

Moreover, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments, especially regarding our associates and rest assured that we have shared your kind comments with all of them.

Once again, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay!

London
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times in since December. It's nice enough and is attached to the Mall of the Emirates, which is handy for the metro.

Positives: the rooms are huge and the showers wonderful. It has a pretty good gym and the pool area is great, if a little small. Staff are generally friendly and helpful. Room service (I only use it when travelling on business) has a reasonable menu and is generally good.

Negatives: housekeeping doesn't seem to vacuum the rooms very often - although all other aspects of the service are good. The lobby has a weird two level layout. I flew overnight to Dubai on my second trip, paid for a room that night to ensure access straight away and even emailed ahead to request they hold my room for early morning arrival (guaranteed with a card). The reservation was cancelled as a no show and had to be reinstated - all quite irritating.

Overall - I don't love this hotel, but would stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sb1London
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear sb1London,

Thank you for the time you took to share with us your thoughts from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

Indeed, we are conveniently connected to the Mall of the Emirates featuring more than 560 brands from all around the world and entertainment activities for all ages such as indoor ski slopes and cinemas.

Moreover, as you very well mentioned, the mall is linked to the metro allowing our guests to explore the city’s main attractions avoiding all the traffic.

Additionally, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, as well as our Health Club and pool area with outstanding views over the city.

Furthermore, we are sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectation during your check-in, however rest assured that we shared your feedback with the concerned departments.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to connect with you soon for a more memorable stay!

Sammy Gani
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton-MOE for 4 nights and have to credit to a couple of associates who made our stay comfortable and quite memorable. At the end of the day , it is the people who make sure how to treat their guests , how to ensure to make them feel at Home away from Home.

1 ) Abbas , The manager in the night , kudos to the gentlemen who was kind enough to accommodate my requests and who was courteous enough to listen and communicate well. Extremely Empathetic and Guest focused.

2 ) A lady who works at the Vantage BAR- Ms Tin- An Asset to your hotel. Extremely Kind and Caring , Superb at work !! Thank You Very Much

Great Room with an Awesome View - 1408. Hotel is Conveniently Located - Connected a Mall

Breakfast Service Needs a little Pump Up- Staff Needs to be more alert !!,Buffet Spread, The food was great!

Over All - A Must stay ! A Must Try !

Room Tip: Must Try Out ! Rooms with a view of the Burj-Al-Arab , Excellent and Comfortable Beds Great Buffet...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lakchamp
Management_Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear lakchamp,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and your positive feedback!
We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one and as you say in the end everything comes down to the people and the service. Since taking over the hotel we have put a lot of effort into training our associates and it’s great to hear that our guests can see the results. We will be glad to pass on your motivating feedback to the mentioned associates.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 13, 2014

located in Mall of emirates, a visual treat to watch the architecture. excellent view of the dubai city from hotel lobby. al fresco dining was rejuvenating after a hard day's work. aesthetically furnished rooms. cost is a little on a higher side but worth the money spent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vaibhav g
Dear vaibhav g,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My daughter (11 years old) and I stayed here for a girlie trip of shopping and pampering. We decided to stay on the Club floors for security and the convenience of being able to have our meals in the lounge instead of going elsewhere. It also helped us budget more easily for the trip - food can be so expensive in Dubai!
On arrival we were informed that my daughter would not be able to eat dinner in the lounge because alcohol was being served during these hours and her age would break the conditions of their license. Based on what I wrote above you can imagine how unhappy I was about this. It was not specified anywhere on the hotel's website or during the process of booking Club rooms. After discussion with management we arrived at a compromise I was happy with. Hopefully by now they have made this wee issue clear on their website but just in case.......now you know!
The only only complaint we had was the timeliness of housekeeping. One night I had to call them at 7pm and ask when they were going to service our room. We were there during Eid and the hotel was busy but I would have thought they would staff appropriately for these periods. We were out all day everyday so it was disappointing to always come back to an unmade up room.
Other than all that we had a great time - making the most of everything everyone has mentioned. The location, standard of accommodation, the spa, pool, food and friendliness of the staff were all excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 11dollarbills
Management_Sheraton, Director of Guest Relations at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear 11dollarbills,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing our hotel and for your feedback.

The Club upgrade is indeed a great way to budget your stay. We apologize for the above misunderstanding, the only time children are not allowed in the Club is indeed during the Happy Hour between 6-8pm, during that time we are happy to serve the food for children for example in the room. Any other time children have access to the Club lounge.
We are glad that the issue was resolved and thank you for the recommendation. We hope to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Haytham Aziz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights over NYE 2013/14. On arrival, we requested a room with a few of the fireworks. After a few moments, the receptionist managed to change our original room and secure a new room. This was very impressive as it is such a busy time of year. We were not disappointed as we looked directly at the Burj Khalifa and to our left was the Burj Al Arab. The big open windows allowed for a perfect view!

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. The shower and bathtub were also a big bonus after a long day on our feet in Dubai.

The gym is 24hrs and is suitable for a quick workout and is right beside the pool and cafe. We had lunch poolside with great views of the city. My partner also enjoyed the spa.

We opted for an upgrade to the club lounge which had free alcohol and nibbles for 2 hours in the evening. A glass of champagne is a great way to start the evening!

One downside was the distance from the metro. You have to walk 15 mins to the nearest station (through the mall) and once we arrived at the Burj Khalifa, it's another 15 mins from the station to Dubai Mall. This is more of a problem for Dubai but be aware if you are staying at the hotel.

Overall, a great stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view of the Burj Khalifa!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank C W
Management_Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear C W,

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing our hotel. We are glad to hear that you were able make full use of our beautiful views over Dubai during NYE! Indeed our hotel oversees the iconic Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab.

In regards to the metro at Dubai Mall there is indeed a distance to be covered by bus, however our access to the Metro station at Mall of the Emirates is direct and the Metro is a very convenient and cost saving way to get around Dubai and also the DIFC and World Trade Center.

Thank you as well for the tip, ask for our Deluxe View Rooms upon reservation and you have the best views guaranteed.

We hope to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!