“Great Hotel (but)”

Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel
Ranked #91 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Let me start by saying this is an excellent hotel. Everything about it is first class and the staff have to be the best hotel staff I have ever encountered. The rooms are amazing, breakfast is great and plenty of choices, pool area is ok not great but ok. The hotel is in a great location and is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

My only problem with this hotel is it is far too interested in money rather than customer service. I booked this hotel as it does 24 hour check-in. We booked and paid for our accommodation months in advance. Nearly a year. When we arrived at 2.00am along with other couples I was surprised how slow they were at checking us in and even though they had finished one couple they were not giving them their room keys. Yes my suspicions were confirmed when after we all finished our paper work the night manager told us our rooms are not ready and wouldn't be for 2 more hours. YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?

We stayed late October during the holiday so this is I think were the problem with this hotel lies. Book as many in no matter if you have already booked the room and taken money, squeeze them in.

This wouldn't matter so much during the day but at this time of the morning, it is not on. They tried very hard to make it up to us. They opened the Sheraton Club Lounge for us to wait in, gave us club membership for our stay. Sent fruit and wine to our rooms but it still does not make up for having to wait until after 4.00am to get into our rooms. Our room was on the club floor which was fantastic but still I would rather have a room on another floor then wait until after 4.00am for my room.

We lost a whole day in Dubai due to this complete disregard for customer service which was booked and paid for way in advance. We did not get to sleep until after 5.00am so of course we slept late plus this put our body clocks out for the next day as well.

No amount of sucking up to us while we were there can make up for this complete stuff up. We were lucky however as we met other people the next day checking in who did not get a room at all and were sent to the Radisson.

Great Hotel, the best staff you could ever ask for but bad customer service. A hotel of this standard should not treat its clients this way.

Room Tip: don't stay during holidays, and if you do don't think you will get your room even though you...
4  Thank waljul
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear waljul,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

Indeed, our location is quite convenient as we are directly connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai featuring more than 560 stores and entertainment activities for all ages such as Ski Dubai and VOX Cinemas. Moreover, the mall is also directly linked to the Metro, a great way to explore the city, avoiding the traffic.

Furthermore, we apologize for the challenges and inconvenience you experienced during your check-in in our hotel and would love to connect with you personally via 03889.sales@sheraton.com.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to connect with you soon for a more memorable stay!

Sammy Gani

Write a ReviewReviews (2,272)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had two stays in October 2013 in the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates. In recognition of my SPG status I received an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite on my first stay. The Suite was well equipped with 2 flatTV (one of them of monster size), a Nespresso machine, minibar, a couch that could be turned into a bed, a luxurious bathtub, walk-in shower, wardrobe room, iron and ironing board and more. The suite and offered enough space for a family of four people. Cleanliness was always perfect.
The very kind and attentive housekeeping staff on the 10th floor recognized my need for the strongest of the Nespresso selection and provided me with plenty of it.
I was happy with this excellent hotel when my first stay finished and was looking forward to my next stay a few days later. The hotel staff provided storage of the most parts of my luggage between first and second stay.

Surprisingly I was given an upgrade to an even nicer suite upon checkin of my second stay. The Executive Suite was a fully equippped appartment including living room, bed room, guest washroom, main bathroom, kitchen, wardrobe room and luggage room. Living room and bed room had separate a/c systems - very good!
My suite was again located on 10th floor and the staff perfectly remembered my preferences. Also never before in my hundreds of hotel stays I experienced house keeping staff who had both enough time and mental capacity for a truely intelligent and decent talk like I had with Mrs. Frezy from Philippines. All the staff in restaurants, the Club Lounge and the reception was obviously well trained, truely service minded with professional attitude and friendly at all times.

The hotel offers some very good dining options on the fifth floor. If this is not enough, it is easy to visit the Mall of the Emirates via first floor to find more than enough options in the mall's food court.
I visited the club lounge daily on 22nd floor for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner including happy hour - until 20.00 o'clock also alcoholic drinks were offered.
Internet connection was well above Dubai's average, in particular for VPN connections.

In summary: fantastic experience, great rooms, superb staff. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my best friend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west (arabic gulf) and north (Downtown Dubai) offer a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
12  Thank zf34bu8q
Management_Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear zf34bu8q,

Thank you for sharing with us such a descriptive feedback from your 2 last stays with us, as it is very important to always improve our service.

Indeed, when booking an Executive Suite you gain access to our Sheraton Club Lounge featuring high speed internet, light snacks and soft drinks throughout the day, high tea and happy hour, as well as additional services as you so well described.

Moreover, as you also mentioned, we are conveniently connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai featuring more than 560 brands from all over the world and entertainment activities for all ages such as Ski Dubai and VOX Cinemas.

Furthermore, it is always very rewarding to receive such positive feedback from our loyal guests, especially regarding our associates, as we have invested a lot of time in training all of them to a 5 star level.

Once again, thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us and all the Team hopes to connect with you soon for another memorable stay!

JP Kavanagh

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We are a senior couple (not too senior). Clean ,and tidy room with view of Dubai City. Walk straight into the Mall of the Emirates and short walk to metro Shoppers paradise if you are that way inclined.Staff were helpful and room service excellent. Upgraded to Club Lounge on arrival which is probably worth the extra. Breakfast was adequate wuith a good choice. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher room have a great view however in summer the city in shrouded in a heat haze so it is not suc...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wenjoy
Management_Sheraton, Director of Guest Services at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear wenjoy,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

Indeed, when booking a Club Room you gain access to the Sheraton Club Lounge on the 22nd floor featuring light snacks and soft drinks throughout the day, high tea and happy hour, high speed internet and additional services.

Furthermore, as you mentioned, our hotel is directly connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai featuring more than 560 brands from all around the world and entertainment activities for all ages such as Ski Dubai and VOX Cinemas. Furthermore, the mall is also linked to the Metro, a great way to explore the city.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay!

Haytham Aziz

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I didn't know what to expect but we were truly 'blown away' here. The hospitality and the friendliness, cleanness, absolutely immaculate rooms and really quiet. It's probably the best hotel that we have ever stayed in. (And we've stayed in many). The view from the pool on the 24th floor is wonderful. The breakfasts and meals delightful. One special guy that works here is Nixon Mandela. You must search him out and take ten minutes of his time to chat. What an amazing young man he is. Nelson, your mother must be incredibly proud of you. You've helped to make our holiday so memorable.
The hotel is close to the airport, metro is two minutes away. All ideal. The mall on the first floor has everything you would ever need and is the biggest I have been in. Lots of restaurants as well.

We booked a personal driver for a half day tour to visit all of the attractions. So worthwhile. Coming from Australia, we'd come back here for a stopover every single time.

Thank you Sheraton! You made our holiday complete! :-) Jackie and Peter Western Australia

6  Thank Jackie K
Management_Sheraton, Food and Beverage Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Jackie and Peter,

Thank you for the time you took to share with us your comments from your last stay with us.

It is always very rewarding to receive such great comments and especially regarding our associates as we have invested a lot of time in training them to a 5 star level. Furthermore, rest assured that we have shared your thoughts with Nickson and the rest of the Team.

Indeed, as you mentioned, our rooftop pools offer amazing views over the city and its iconic landmarks Burj Al Arab and Burj Khalifa, as well as the world islands when we have clear skies.

Moreover, as you also mentioned, our hotel is directly linked to the Mall of the Emirates and the Metro, allowing our guests to explore the city major attractions.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel and we hope to connect with you soon for another memorable stay!

Huib Hendrix

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two different occasions with short duration. In both cases, the room was excellent: it has a open bathroom design that makes the room bigger than it is. Sleep quality is excellent due to low noise A/C and super comfortable beds. Service is impeccable with good attention to detail. The buffet is excellent with very good omelettes and ice creams. Being part of SPG, I have checked out 22nd floor for breakfast but decided to use the one on the 5th floor due to a wider selection and better seating arrangements. I could sit outside since the weather was very good. This hotel has the best cardio/workout equipment that I have seen so far. The pool area has a great view but small in general. The hotel is located in the Emirates Mall so you can walk and shop easily. However you would need to take a taxi to visit the town or other attractions in Dubai. I would definitely stay in this hotel the next time I am in Dubai.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing opposite to the mall. My first room was facing Ski Dubai slope, that is not a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bassit303

Dear Bassit303,

Thank you for the time you took to share with us your thoughts from your last stay at the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our rooms and especially our Sweet Sleeper Beds that are tailor-made to provide our guest with everything they need to have a good night of sleep.

Indeed, the weather is quite pleasant at the moment and perfect to enjoy our terraces, as well as our rooftop pools and lounge.

Moreover, as you mentioned, our Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core Performance offers state-of-art equipment and is open 24/7 to suit all our guest’s needs.

Furthermore, our hotel is conveniently connected to the second biggest mall in Dubai featuring more than 560 stores and entertainment activities such as indoor ski slopes and cinemas. The mall is also linked to the Metro, a great way to explore the city and avoid the traffic.

Once again, we are happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and we hope to connect with you soon for another memorable stay!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked (and paid for) a club room through Last Minute. Our booking had obviously not been received by the hotel as on check in it took some time to sort out (even though we had a print out of our confirmed booking). We were put in a classic room but told that we would have club lounge access. That evening we specifically asked reception if we could have breakfast in the main restaurant rather than the club lounge and we were told that we could. The next morning in the restaurant we were first told that we were room only then we were told that we would have to pay the full cost of breakfast then a reduced rate. All of this was highly embarassing and totally spoiled our enjoyment of our breakfast.

Given the mix up, I spent some time after breakfast at reception printing off our booking confirmation showing that we have booked and paid for a club room - no apologies were offered. The next morning we just ate in the club lounge to avoid any further embarassment. On check out we were presented with a piece of paper to sign for the total room cost even though I had already said to the receptionist that we had paid. This was pretty sneaky as she just put it in front of me to sign without explanation and we would have paid twice had I not checked it. We were then kept waiting whilst various people asserted that we hadn't paid. Eventually it was confirmed that we had.

Given that we only had just over a day in Dubai, all of this was time consuming and fell very well short of the customer service I would expect in a five star hotel. Once they had established that there were issues on our check in, these should all have been resolved by reception long before we were checking out and needed to get to the airport.

Overall the hotel was nice and the club lounge access worth the extra money given the 2 hours of free drinks/snacks and the excellent afternoon tea. The breakfast though was poor in comparison to the offering in the main restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management_Sheraton, Director of Guest Services at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear London_UKAtoZ,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and all the benefits of the Sheraton Club Lounge, as you mentioned, we offer light snacks and drinks throughout the day, happy hour, high tea, as well as high speed internet.

Furthermore, we apologize for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced during your stay in our hotel and rest assured that we have shared your comments with the respective departments.

Haytham Aziz

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I spent 2 nights here and found the staff very friendly, the service was good and the hotel was pristine.
We were offered an upgrade to a suite with an adjoining room at a reduced rate which I gladly accepted as i have three kids.
The food was good without being great.
Being located adjacent to the mall is great as the shopping is good and we can avoid the heat and humidity.
I'd definately come back as a 2 to 3 day stop over on my next vacation to Europe.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank workrestandplay2013
Management_Sheraton, Executive Assistant Manager at Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear workrestandplay2013,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback from your last stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the fact that we are attached to the Mall of the Emirates with more than 560 brands from all around the world. The mall is also directly linked to the

Once again, than you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable and hopefully longer stay!