Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$173
$123
$272
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$181
$136
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$210
$230
$189
$218
$196
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$1,906
$191
$1,457
$1,225
All reviewsemirates mallspice restaurantseasons restaurantnice hotelwalking distancehouse keepingduty managertravel deskcomfortable stayreception staffspecial thankssmoking roomexcellent stayfront officeroom service isrooftop poolmetro station
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my husband when We first arrived in Dubai. Location is not good unless of corise you want to be close to something that is near the hotel, but otherwise there is nothing around and you would need to make a ten minute trip to get anywhere.

The hotel I would describe as modest. Decor is quite old fashioned with dark timber on all the walls, I thought I was in a Scandinavian movie fro twhe 50s. We were upgraded to a suite and I am thankful for this. But the room was very dark and stark. Relatvely clean, but not spotless. Service was non existent despite an efficient front office manager (Indian gentleman, young cannot remember the name). Upon checking out I discovered that one of my items of luggage was either lfet behind by me or taken in error by a large group. We were all checking out at the same time and there must have been 100 people in reception. It took a few calls and the threat of calling the police to get it back, but I appreciate a lot that the hotel finally managed to find it.

When we arrived there were only men around (mostly looked middle Eastern or from one of the 'ani countries (Afghanistan, Khazakhistan) nothing wrong with this except that they all stare at women with quite some intensity, and it is uncomfortable. Brekfast was ok and served asa buffet. There were two Russian prostitutes in reception when we arrived (very common in hotels in Dubai but you don't normally see them at check in). So all in all I would suggest you stay at this place if you are a man, and you need to stay in the area. The hotel is adequate.

Room Tip: I wish I had a tip, but I guess the suites would be the best rooms?
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RamCheALB, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel, Al Barsha!

We thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. We would like to bring to your attention that we have more than 58% of our guests as lady travellers since the start of this year and we take pride that we are a completely safe hotel for single lady travellers. We also not have any night clubs at the hotel but have a one of the finest sports bar in the area and sizeable restaurant operations.

However, your feedback helps us to maintain the highest level of services and we look forward to welcome you during your next visit in dubai.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in the hotel as part of a big group attending a wedding, I am sure we had special treatment and offers belonging to the group, but when it came to personal needs and requests they were received with a smile but did not come through.
Regarding the rooms there is room for improvement as most of them are old and need new face lift. Staff are very caring and smiling, some excel in service others need to get more training.
One of the advantages of the hotel is being near the Mall of Emirates, but this has also its issues, being so close means if you do not want to walk and take a taxi instead, Taxi drivers don't like this short leg and keep cursing you. I suggest the hotel provides hourly shuttles to the Mall to avoid us such harassment.
For the price, I like your hotel but there is room for improvement.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide better view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
RamCheALB, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel, Al Barsha!

We thank you for your valuable feedback during your stay at the hotel. We would like to bring it to your information that we have regular shuttle going to the Mall of Emirates on a daily basis.

Once again, Thank you for staying with us and We look forward to having you once again in Ramada Chelsea Hotel, Al Barsha.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went for a short business trip in Dubai and decided to stay at the Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha.

At the beginning everything was perfect; Deepak at the reception welcomed me and then assisted with courtesy and professionalism. The room was clean and spacious.

While leaving, the day after, a friend was waiting for me downstairs and I packed in just 2 minutes.
While closing the door I saw I was forgetting my socks (premium Scottish cotton), but I was so late that I decided to leave them behind, not to re-open the luggage.

Once back "home" I discovered that the trousers of my -good and expensive- business suit were not in the luggage; I realized that I left them at Ramada Chelsea, hanged inside the closet. I met clients in Dubai wearing a suit and then (in Ramada) I switched to blue jeans. There were no other stops during my trip. Home/Meeting/Ramada.

I called the Ramada Hotel sure to fix it in a flash. The BIG SURPRISE was to hear from their lost and found representative that "there was nothing in the room".

Well... I was expecting them to mention even the socks (even though I did not care for the socks), instead they said that in the room there was NOTHING forgotten... What?

I tried to call again the Ramada Chelsea the day after and get assistance from somebody else, but nothing changed.

I am sorry, I am sure that I forgot the trousers hanged in the closet and I remember very clearly that there were sock on the floor.
Somebody there did something very unprofessional and wrong, and I was not waiting for this to happen in a Ramada Wyndham Hotel. Bad, bad, bad!

Now my suit is a single unmatched jacket.

I am just glad that I did not forget at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha my watch or my wallet !

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fabio_NY
RamCheALB, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

We wish to thank you for your feedback shared with us at the site. We understand you had a comfortable stay with us and thank you for choosing the hotel.

After your feedback on lost clothing in the hotel, we had a detailed to look at the room and did not find any lose and found items left behind.

We have again received the entire movement in your room and verified that there was no material taken out of your room during and after your stay. We would like to mention that we have not found any left items in the room.

We apologise for the inconvenience cause to you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days. Excellent place, really clean and wonderful service; very professional and guest-oriented staff. I enjoyed the stay immensely and was actually sorry to leave! Very good breakfast and super friendly employees everywhere in the hotel. Can't praise it all enough. Several friends and family members stayed there too in a variety of rooms, and we all compared notes and were really happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't smoke; corner rooms are quieter, and avoid if possible being near the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I thought it was a great hotel for the money. The staff were amazing, really friendly and helpful. The rooms were super (for a 3 star and adequate/good for a 4 star). I thought the location was fine. We took taxis everywhere. Some of our party walked to Mall of the Emirates but we found it too hot and dusty to walk. Taxis are available outside the hotel and if there isn't one there, one will be called. No bother. The food was good. 5 different places you could eat in the hotel. We opted for the Mezz Restaurant as we like Arabic food - hummus, falafel etc. - and I love eating outside. We used the pool on the roof - small but adequate. It was open at 7.30 and I swam at that time - it was bliss. I also swam at 8.30pm when it was dark and it was sublime!!! No hesitation to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends