“Good Value”

Ranked #196 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Good Value”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel located in Al barsha so away from city center , mall of emirates is very close 5 mins Taxi ride.
Also Jumerah beach is near just 15 mins by taxi.
Hotel rooms are good , spacious & modern
Staff were friendly & always willing to help you except the reception staff
Food at hotel was just okay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
RamCheALB, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedbacks regarding your stay. Your comments assist us in improving the areas which are observed to be satisfactory and we will strive to make them better.

We are glad that you have chosen us to be your accommodation provider and we hope to have you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am a Dubai resident who frequented the bar in this hotel with Asian friends on a regular basis. On two occasions the same Asian friends have been denied entry and have been told "IT is not allowed, just go." IT meaning, selling yourself. Being polite, asking to speak to the manager, got my friends nowhere - even though one of them was known by the manger as a regular guest. After the first incident the bar manager apologised and offered a free drink, tonight it happened again - the doorman (same and only one who they've had this issue with) refused to even allow her to show her face to the manager as a bonafide regular customer. Message to the management: You've just lost 5-6 customers and not all Asian women are selling themselves. I am disgusted at the attitude of all staff at this hotel this evening.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dubai-res123
RamCheALB, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

We understand this feedback from you has been related to the incidence at our sports bar and not your stay at the hotel. We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention regarding your experience in our bar.

Please be informed that as per the local regulations, all hotel bars are instructed to check the identification proof of all the inmates if we expect them to be less than 21 years of age. The hotel staff has followed the policy and requested for the identification. We are aware that you have been a regular guest in the bar and we thoroughly appreciate your concerns. It is also the hotel’s endeavor to have a safe environment in the bar, restricting people who are below the required age limit.

Please accept our sincere apologies as well for any inconvenience you and your party might have encountered. There is no bad intention with the actions shown to you as we only aim to have smooth operation of the business as well as to abide by the laws of the UAE while developing a good relationship with our guests, whether regulars or not.
london
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here just after new year for 3 nights as a stop over. We got a great deal for the 3 nights and were not expecting what we got. Firstly cab rides in Dubai are very cheap so location was not an issue for us. It was round the corner from the Mall (although in the heat we did not walk - it was £2 to get a taxi!) and easy enough to get around. The staff are excellent and do their best to make sur eyou have a good time. They were always ready to flag down a taxi for us.
The first night we got there we were tired and hungry so ordered room service which was delicious and very reasonably priced!
They have a shuttle bus to take you to the beach although because of the queues we opted for the rooftop pool instead which was perfect for a chill out and not crowded.
The room was lovely and we had the standard tea and coffee facilities as well as a brilliant power shower. In terms of value for money we could not fault this place and i have nothing bad to comment on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amsterdammers
, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Warm greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

We are glad to know that you had a satisfying and pleasant stay in our hotel. Our commitment is to ensure that our guests have a great hotel experience and we are happy that we have succeeded in making you feel the same. Thank you once again and we are looking forward to have you back.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had a great 2 night stay here in June. Helpful staff, clean rooms. Beds were a bit hard for my taste.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Warm greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

Your review is a big help for us to continue doing the best that we can. We are truly grateful for having the time to post your thoughts regarding your stay.

We are hoping to see you once again as our guest on your next visit to Dubai.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I rarely write reviews but feel I must write a review about this hotel.

I was returning on a trip back through Dubai and thought i'd get something cheap for one night. It certainly was cheap, my booking came to £47 including taxes and fees

I usually stay at the Pullman or Kempinski but at half the price I thought this one would be fine, but I would not stay here again.

LOCATION: I chose the hotel because it was close to the Mall of Emirates, where I tend to usually stay when I visit Dubai. The mall is a 2 minute taxi ride from the hotel (Costs £2.00) or you can walk in 15 minutes, but its not really a nice road to walk along so I only did it once on foot.

HOTEL: The hotel itself is fairly modern and clean, but basic compared to the others i've stayed at. Upon arrival at reception, I walked to the counter and said i'd like to check in, to which I was slightly rudely asked for my passport without even a smile or welcome. At this point i'd usually make my feelings known but at £47 a night, I didn't expect a smile.

The room was very basic, but they let me check in early at 10am without problem so I was happy about that. At the Pullman & Kempinski, I had to wait 2hrs approx to check in when I arrived early (normal check in is 2pm at all these hotels)

You get no breakfast included, and Wifi is charged at approx £10 for 24hrs. Both of these are included for free at Pullman & Kempinski.

My hairdryer didn't work, and some guy came in and fiddled around with the plug until he fixed it. Some of the plug sockets in the room didn't work and the bed was hard and uncomfortable.

What REALLY annoyed me about the hotel is I received a telphone call in my room at 11am the following morning, asking me what time I was planning to checkout. I know checkout time is 12pm, and I dont need a call to shuffle me out earlier.

The second annoyance was when I actually checked out, they made me wait until they called someone to check the room (probably to see if I took anything from the minibar). I had to wait approx 5mins. I have never done this before, but this is the first hotel that asked me if I would like to leave a deposit for any 'extras' at check in. Usually hotels hold a deposit on your credit card, but not this one.

When I was leaving though, the person was friendly and smily and walked out with me and got me a taxi and said goodbye. The little things do make a difference.

SUMMARY:
Given the location of this place is close but not close enough to be conveniently near the mall of emirates, its not really for me. The room is too basic, and by the time you factor in Wifi, Breakfast costs and a few taxi trips to and from the mall, its a pretty similar price to the Pullman, which is on a completely different level to this hotel.

I would only recommend this place if you are staying for a good few days and you are on a tight budget, as the saving against other hotels will be decent but I certainly wont come back here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Group Operations Director at Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

We are deeply grateful for having the time to share your experience while staying in the hotel.

We have made a careful note on the points which you have observed. Please be assured that we are addressing the issues regarding the room and have taken up with the concerned department regarding your feedback on the check in / check out process.

Your inputs will definitely aid us in making sure that our facilities and services are always up to par. Again, we thank you for your time and support in choosing to stay in Ramada Chelsea Hotel.
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was traveling solo at the beginning of June staying 8 night at this hotel. Check-in was pretty fast even when i came early (9 AM) , king size bed for two , so i had a lot of space to relax , but i guess i had all the bad luck on the first day :)
Room was nice and clean , but previous guest was obviously a smoker , so i had to turn on the air conditioner to maximum. Quite noisy first night , event when i was on the 8th floor with balcony - expect noise from the street full of cars if you dont have a room on the opposite side of the hotel.
No complaints about the service - bed , bathroom etc. was always cleaned precisely. Too bad noone informed me , that buffet dinner ends at 10:30 PM and not at midnight - what was the only information i had from the restaurant brochure at the room table. Anyway , restaurant staff was always extremely kind and helpful (probably the highlight of this hotel) and offered me free breakfast at last day of my stay as a compensation , cause i had no chance to know that at the first dinner.

Only improvement i would like to see is probably variety of food at breakfast. First day i had a feeling im alone in the hotel (arrival at Saturday) , everyone came on Monday and somehow the food quality improved ( or maybe i was just too tired on first day :P). Dinner ? No complaints , nicely designed plates with a lot of variety to choose from. Of course , you cannot expect authentic taste of Italian food when you come from Europe and the local restaurant chef is from India , but that was no problem :)
There was always someone from the management staff looking if everything is fine and smooth resolving any issues of guests as fast as possible.
Havent tried any other restaurant than the default - Four Seasons , so cant review them.

Wellness was nice - steam sauna and classic Finnish dry sauna included in price , same as fitness room (havent tried) and roof pool with jacuzzi was always a pleasure to visit after long day walking in the city visiting all the atractions (and you bet there are many of them).

Walking distance from Mall Of The Emirates was nice , but as a European , i was amazed how unfriendly Dubai is for pedestrians - basicaly no roads for walking , expect to walk on the road next to many cars running fast like on a giant Formula 1 circuit or using taxi at reasonable prices :) But thats a downside of every city built so extremely fast i guess.

Some nice surprises waited for me at the checkout - pickup to airport was at 2 PM , checkout at noon , but reception staff offered me to have access to the hotel room until 1 PM for free so i dont have to wait for car too long. Also , i had wifi connection for 1 week and the last night i was still able to connect and that was not charged.

Overall , nice and clean hotel i would recommend with very friendly staff doing all they can to satisfy guests. Good value for the money spent if you preffer cheaper hotel in the city to save more for all the atractions and buying souvenirs at the malls or traditional markets.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from Ramada Chelsea Hotel Al Barsha!

Please accept our sincere thanks for posting your comments and sharing your experience during your stay. We are glad to hear your thoughts which are vital in ensuring that all operations within the hotel run smoothly.

Thank you and we are hoping to see you back again on your next visit.
Pune
Reviewed May 31, 2012

First, I was disappointed when we reached Dubai only to realise that the hotel is mapped wrong on Google maps. It shows opposite the Mall of Emirates, however, it's quite far - in the heat, it seems far since you can't walk! Although, taxis ply to and from the hotel, each time paying 10Dhs wasn't worth it!
Hotel is good, our room was very nice and big :) Quick check in though we came earlier than the check in time! Breakfast was decent.
Besides, we didn't spend much time here, were out the whole day!

Room Tip: Not a bad hotel, but something closer to the metro or the mall would be better