“Great experience”

Ranked #91 of 9,704 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: To arrive in Ossiano is to enter a world of mesmerising tranquility created by the captivating ocean life of the Ambassador Lagoon. The experience is coupled with the delight of dining in an elegant seafood restaurant awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant 2013" by TimeOut Dubai and "Best Restaurant" at the Middle East Hotel Awards 2013. With its style and sophistication, Ossiano is the perfect location for an intimate dining experience, offering spellbinding views of the Ambassador Lagoon and its 65,000 marine animals.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I ate here on the 30th of Dec and it was a night to remember. This was only our first time to enjoy fine gourmet dining and it was great (and a little intimidating as we have no idea what to expect). It was definitely a splurge for us but you have to do it once in your lifetime!

I am not a seafood eater but my husband loves it so I had to stick to the non seafood dishes. There isn't a whole lot to choose from for me but I had one of the best meals ever! I had a la carte menu and my husband stuck to the chef's set menu. I do have to comment that my husband didn't really enjoy it (I don't know how often the chef's menu changes because some people loved it but I guess everyone has different taste buds) but I thoroughly enjoyed my entree and main! I have to admit I didn't really know what dish I was ordering for my entree but it paid off with a delicious soup. I had the wagyu beef for my main and it was divine!

As it was only our first time to enjoy fine dining it was nice to receive the canapés and pallet cleansers (no idea what they're called!). Even I was treated with them even though I had a la carte menu. Also they did check and confirm with me that I cannot eat seafood so they altered these items for me.

The waiters are friendly and tentative and the manager was out on the floor speaking to various guests at their tables which was nice.

Just remember this is a pricey restaurant and we'd only do this once but it was a lovely experience. The atmosphere was lovely and the view of the tank is just beautiful. Something we have never done before.

On a side note, I was not feeling well at all (won't go into details) and I couldn't really enjoy my food and view as much as I would have loved but in the middle of our dining experience the manager came and offered some aspirin and kindly gave me some and would check up on me on from time to time. A gesture that was much appreciated.

All in all, if you can afford it, then it would be a great experience to enjoy and put into your memory books!

There are newer reviews for Ossiano

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We ate here on New Year's Eve and it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten! It was an eight course, pre-fixed feast that just kept getting better and better every course. The service was impeccable, every time you looked some was either filling your drink, bringing you more bread, or just checking to see if we needed anything. The atmosphere is like nothing you've ever seen. It was like sitting inside a fish tank, a very large and amazing fish tank! From top to bottom, this is a first class dining experience!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place serves the Authentic Japanese food including Teriyaki and Sushi. Loved the place. Friendly Chef

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We decided on this restaurant because we were looking for a fine dining experience in Dubai and selected it based on its decor with the floor to ceiling aquarium on one side of the restaurant.

The service was team based so we didn't have a designated waiter. I had explained a certain request to one waitress, only to have to re-explain it to another waiter. The waitstaff was attentive in that they were always present, however, they did not always explain what was being served.

We ordered the Chef's menu, and the kitchen was able to accommodate my request to have the foie gras parfait (served raw) substituted for crab. Another interesting part of our meal is when our main was served - it was presented to us as sea bass - however, on the menu it was clearly stated as olive oil poached salmon. This was fine with us, as we prefer sea bass over salmon, it was the inconsistency that was to note.

Dessert was a treat though, with a selection of sweets including macarons and chocolates. One member of our party opted out of the Chef's menu and ordered a la carte - the kitchen still served all of us the lemon sorbet and petit fours - the gesture was appreciated!

Food_and_BeverageATP, Management at Ossiano, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the desserts at Ossiano. However, we truly regret about the certain shortfalls in service you have faced.

Please be assured that this does not reflect our usual high standards of service. Our staff is constantly trained to deliver the best to our valued guests like you. The Food and Beverage team will definitely look into your concerns and appropriate actions will be taken to avoid reoccurrence in the future.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and truly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely yours,

Dirk von Kries
Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage
Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited for a romantic meal and were highly impressed. The food was fantastic and the view of the aquarium simply stunning. Probably the best restaurant experience ever.