“Excellent food & a beautiful dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ossiano
Ranked #92 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To arrive in Ossiano is to enter a world of mesmerising tranquility created by the captivating ocean life of the Ambassador Lagoon. The experience is coupled with the delight of dining in an elegant seafood restaurant awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant 2013" by TimeOut Dubai and "Best Restaurant" at the Middle East Hotel Awards 2013. With its style and sophistication, Ossiano is the perfect location for an intimate dining experience, offering spellbinding views of the Ambassador Lagoon and its 65,000 marine animals.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & a beautiful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a meal at Ossiano as part of our Honeymoon spent at the Atlantis. We opted for the ‘Taste of Summer’ tasting menu and were not disappointed with any of the courses we were presented with.

The underwater setting is so beautiful and serene and with us securing a table right beside the aquarium window made it an incredible experience. The restaurant itself is outstanding, as is the attentive service and the quality of food. Yes, as other reviewers have stated - it’s expensive (£80 for a basic bottle of Sauv Blanc!) but if you want to have a fine dining experience in a unique setting in what is already a hugely expensive hotel, then I’m not sure what people are expecting to pay?

We personally loved the whole experience, the amazing seafood and the service and if we return to Atlantis we will go again…

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Muscat Oman
“Posh dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The most elegant restaurant from Atlantis.....
Great place to be and eat. Do not ezitate to choose it for very special ocasions. The signature dishes are great, the staff is attentive. You will have the bet time ever...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank NicoletaSimionescu
Oslo, Norway
“Good food, not so godd service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Took us a long long time to get the wine after placing the order. I had to remind them three times. There are were lot of staff but no one seem to see us. The atmosphere is brilliant though and very romantic.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Decor awesome, degustation fine, customer right? Wrong!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was looking forward to the experience but left very disappointed at the end due to probable miscommunication between English-as-a-foreign-language wait staff, a 20 UAE water bill (loose change when compared to the total degustation amount of 975 UAE!) and the arrogance by the floor manager, that if in doubt between customer and wait staff, the customer is always wrong.
The restaurant decor & aquarium windows were simply awe inspiring. The degustation menu was reasonably priced with other high end degustation menus throughout the world. Not the best degustation I have ever had. Having said that, the foie gras & wagyu beef was the most sensational part. Monk fish was dry (although the crispy outer was lovely). Wild mushroom and asparagus was very salty and I couldn't finish it. Cheese platter was fine. Desserts were lovely. Up unto this point, the wait staff were excellent throughout. Only problem was, when I arrived I was asked if I wanted water by my table waiter. I said tap water was fine but he insisted it was not suitable to drink (although this is not true in Dubai!). My table waiter (English-as-a-foreign-language) offered bottled water. I asked if it was complimentary. The answer appeared to be a definite yes. I also ordered wine (3 glasses over the course of the meal) and used the water to rinse my palette.
At the end of the dinner, I was charged 20 UAE for the bottled water. I challenged the floor manager and told him that I had asked the table waiter if it was complimentary and my understanding was that that was the case. Floor manager went off to speak to table waiter and came back telling me this was not what the table manager had said and that I was wrong. I then said it must have been a miscommunication then, so can you take it off the bill? The answer was a clear no. I said that I was happy to acknowledge a misunderstanding but are you taking the word over a table wait staff (reminder of the english-as-a-foreign language being the probable cause) over a customer's word - a customer who has just ordered a 975 UAE meal plus three glasses of expensive wine, who has the potential to rave about the place, and write reasonable/positive reviews on trip advisor and do word of mouth advertising - that I'm wrong!? Over loose change for a bottle of water? And the floor staff manager (who also happened to be a non-native english speaker - Indonesian, in fact) said yes, that was indeed the case. So, I left appalled. The loose change was not the problem, it was the floor manager's arrogance and lack of hospitality (in a hospitality industry) that left a bitter impression of this restaurant. Shame.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank drbertie
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is just unique and outstanding! Beautiful restaurant with lovely food and great service. The best wine cellar in Dubai, thats for sure. Bravo and well done!!!
Personal advice: just go there and have fun!!! You will love it...

• Visited January 2013