“Good food, not so godd service”
Review of Ossiano

Ossiano
Ranked #99 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: To arrive in Ossiano is to enter a world of mesmerising tranquility created by the captivating ocean life of the Ambassador Lagoon. The experience is coupled with the delight of dining in an elegant seafood restaurant awarded "Best Seafood Restaurant 2013" by TimeOut Dubai and "Best Restaurant" at the Middle East Hotel Awards 2013. With its style and sophistication, Ossiano is the perfect location for an intimate dining experience, offering spellbinding views of the Ambassador Lagoon and its 65,000 marine animals.
Oslo, Norway
“Good food, not so godd service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Took us a long long time to get the wine after placing the order. I had to remind them three times. There are were lot of staff but no one seem to see us. The atmosphere is brilliant though and very romantic.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Decor awesome, degustation fine, customer right? Wrong!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was looking forward to the experience but left very disappointed at the end due to probable miscommunication between English-as-a-foreign-language wait staff, a 20 UAE water bill (loose change when compared to the total degustation amount of 975 UAE!) and the arrogance by the floor manager, that if in doubt between customer and wait staff, the customer is always wrong.
The restaurant decor & aquarium windows were simply awe inspiring. The degustation menu was reasonably priced with other high end degustation menus throughout the world. Not the best degustation I have ever had. Having said that, the foie gras & wagyu beef was the most sensational part. Monk fish was dry (although the crispy outer was lovely). Wild mushroom and asparagus was very salty and I couldn't finish it. Cheese platter was fine. Desserts were lovely. Up unto this point, the wait staff were excellent throughout. Only problem was, when I arrived I was asked if I wanted water by my table waiter. I said tap water was fine but he insisted it was not suitable to drink (although this is not true in Dubai!). My table waiter (English-as-a-foreign-language) offered bottled water. I asked if it was complimentary. The answer appeared to be a definite yes. I also ordered wine (3 glasses over the course of the meal) and used the water to rinse my palette.
At the end of the dinner, I was charged 20 UAE for the bottled water. I challenged the floor manager and told him that I had asked the table waiter if it was complimentary and my understanding was that that was the case. Floor manager went off to speak to table waiter and came back telling me this was not what the table manager had said and that I was wrong. I then said it must have been a miscommunication then, so can you take it off the bill? The answer was a clear no. I said that I was happy to acknowledge a misunderstanding but are you taking the word over a table wait staff (reminder of the english-as-a-foreign language being the probable cause) over a customer's word - a customer who has just ordered a 975 UAE meal plus three glasses of expensive wine, who has the potential to rave about the place, and write reasonable/positive reviews on trip advisor and do word of mouth advertising - that I'm wrong!? Over loose change for a bottle of water? And the floor staff manager (who also happened to be a non-native english speaker - Indonesian, in fact) said yes, that was indeed the case. So, I left appalled. The loose change was not the problem, it was the floor manager's arrogance and lack of hospitality (in a hospitality industry) that left a bitter impression of this restaurant. Shame.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank drbertie
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant !!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is just unique and outstanding! Beautiful restaurant with lovely food and great service. The best wine cellar in Dubai, thats for sure. Bravo and well done!!!
Personal advice: just go there and have fun!!! You will love it...

• Visited January 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent restauraunt and simply beautiful food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A visit to the Ossiano was simply one of the most exceptional dining experiences I have ever had. As soon as you enter the service is superb, the food is beyond description because every element of the courses was delicious starting with the amuse bouche and ending with little sweets. We were treated to the now famous Salha who can be found on youtube singing exquisite cover tunes. The atmosphere in the Ossiano was magnificent because you are surrounded by an enormous fishtank which has the most stunning fish swimming in it. Quite simply it is five star dining at its best and I have eaten in some of the best restaraunts in the world.

• Visited October 2012
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I loved this restaurant, hubby wasnt keen, as he is not a big fish fan, but he chose a fish dish and loved it. Ambience and views is lovely and has a very romantic feel to the place, definately worth visiting for a special occasion. Staff here are the best from all the restaurants at the Atlantis, not too much in your face, helpful with the menu and then they leave you alone.

Visited August 2013