“Great place, very helpful staff”

Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments
Ranked #267 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We recently stayed in this hotel, and we had a great experience... the staff was very helpful, friendly..
It was great to have the free shuttle bus.. The location was good, close to restaurants..
The room was spacious and with all that you may need..
Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andres369
Pumal, Manager at Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in recommending Winchester Grand Dubai on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and you were pleased with the service of our staff. I am also glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the Free Shuttle bus service.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for five nights at the beginning of March. Arriving on a very early flight, the hotel was most accommodating in allowing us to relax at the roof-top pool until our room became available at about 9-00am. The room was good: spacious, well-appointed, clean and with a mini-kitchen. The bathroom had both a shower and a bath, though, strangely, the latter had no plug.

Breakfast at £5 was excellent value: a buffet with lots of variety, including omelettes on demand. There was a good atmosphere in the breakfast room, too; busy and popular with lots of different nationalities all getting ready for the day ahead. We also had dinner at the hotel on one evening and enjoyed that, too. And at less than £6 it takes some beating for value. Impeccable service as well.

Staffing was excellent and plentiful throughout the hotel. Those on reception were approachable and helpful, as were those who managed the pool, sauna and steam room. The free shuttle to various parts of the city was a bonus and the airport drop-off service was efficient and considerably cheaper than the airport taxi we'd arrived in.

The Bur Dubai location was a good one. The Creek was within walking distance - or a 10-dirham taxi ride - and the two nearest metro stations were shortish walks.

All in all, it was a most enjoyable stay. A comfortable hotel, great staff and good value.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Rob186291

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that our team were able to make a great impression on you during your stay and made your stay a memorable one. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the Winchester Grand. I am also glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the Shuttle service and nearby attractions.

Once again thank you for your time in recommending us on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed at Winchester Grand hotel apartments for 2 days in December 2013.We did not expect much however our experience was very disappointing to say the least. A very strong smell of mould/mildew coming from air conditioning system or sewerage was very unpleasant and impossible to deal with.
Breakfast was very poor.
Free shuttle bus was always arriving full as was coming from sister hotel.
Would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gl0betraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments.

I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy about certain things that you had to experience during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.

With each guest comment received we strive to put comments into effect to make our guests’ stay with us a more pleasing and memorable one.

I hope that this will not mar your overall experience, and you are able to return to Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

yes, as everyone says, it is good value for money. The reception desk was good except for 2 major boo-boos. One was a female who gave me pretty lousy directions to the BIGBUS (they dont stop their limo there, perhaps because they offer shuttles to individual to urist sites, one at a time (single departures, may or may not be convveinent to you, unlike the big bus).
Second even more serious, a desk person tried to put my credit card through for a big bus ticket. Some 20 odd minutes later, he came back and said that it did not go through. Lo and behold, I have two charges of US$ 59.90 and of US$ 51.60 in my credit card and saw those when I got home. SO, he did put something through,nes pas?

It is a good 20 minute walk to metro and big bus; there are hotels much closer.

Having said that, the studio apartment that I rented for $100 us was luxurious, well appointed, and full of light. It was well equipped, although wifi in the room did not work.

I have already reported all this to the manager, so, I dont feel hesitant putting it here. (BTW, they dont pick up at the airport, only drop off; the pick up cab (women only) cost me 58 DRMS.

Room Tip: facing the front. not at all noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Pumal, Manager at Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the disappointing level of services that you have witnessed at our hotel. I am extremely sorry to hear that our guests are unsatisfied because they were not treated with the usual level of services that Winchester Hotel provide.

However, we have taken note of your feedback and communicated to the respective Head of Department in order to avoid any such possible scenario in the future.

We appreciate any forms of feedback and comment from our guests, as these can help us to improve our quality of services to meet our guest’s needs and expectation.

As a valued guest, I would like to discuss this matter personally with you. Please contact me directly at my email address, fernando@wingrand.ae referring to this review in the email title.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

If I have to describe my experience in just a few words I would say "Very comfortable, Outstanding Location, Value for Money". We stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed every moment of our stay. We had rented a two bedroom apartment and found it to be very spacious and comfortable. The process right from check in till the moment we checked out was perfect and I would certainly stay here the next time I visit Dubai. This place is very central well connected by Metro/ local buses and taxi is available at the doorstep. Ideal if you are looking for a spacious accommodation staying with your family or extended family. The health club/ swimming pool is just nice and fit to purpose. I would strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Vijay B
Pumal, Manager at Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in recommending Winchester on Trip Advisor.

I think you have stayed in our other property Winchester Hotel Apartments. However I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were pleased with the Winchester Hospitality. I am also glad that you found location was very convenient as ever one ells praised.

Thank you for indicating that you would stay with us in your next visit and for recommending us on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We chose this hotel for our 3 night stay in Dubai in Feb 2014 because of its location in Bur Dubai and reviews by fellow travellers. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel rooms which were very clean. However the location of the hotel was not as expected :(. The Metro stations of Burjuman as well as Al Fahidi is quite a walk (15-20 minute) so are the other restaurants. The hotel is right in the middle of a residential area.

On the plus side, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel also runs a bus to some of the tourist attractions and the malls but the bus is usually full and running about 10-15 minutes behind schedule. Overall the hotel is a decent value for money but if you plan to use Dubai Metro be prepared to walk a lot.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main road as there is construction going on (as of Feb 2014)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhanik

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your travel to Dubai and your stay at the Winchester Grand Hotel Apartments.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are looking forward to being of service to you once again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay at the Winchester Hotel Apartments during my visits to Dubai. The apartments are fairly large with an attached kitchenette and a large bathroom. They provide complimentary breakfast with limited options and do not have an in-house restaurant. Hence for lunch/dinner you would have to either go out for a meal or order from the menu cards that they would share with you. The service is a fairly warm. One of the key benefits is the location of Winchester. They have supermarkets, restaurants, markets at walking distance. Also if you need to travel to major business districts, the World Trade Center etc. it would be a convenient ride.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I think you have stayed in our other property Winchester Hotel Apartments. However It is such a pleasure to hear that our services and facilities could meet to your expectation. We are also happy that we could contribute to your comfortable and memorable stay.

Once again, thank you and hope to welcome you back in the future.