New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #51 of 538 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai
“Thank you Meydan Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a wonderful 2 nights stay.... We were here with 2 small children and we were amazed with this hotel and we didn't even wanna go back home! My kids loved the touch panel controls(lights and curtains)... they enjoyed watching their favourite cartoons while having fun in the jacuzzi... toilets and wash are very fancy... the yummy complimentary chocolate birthday cake that they sent to our room when they knew that it was my husband's birthday... We love the lunch buffet at the Farrier's.... the infinity pool....This was a definite treat for me, my husband our 7 & 9 year old boys. We stayed in Room No. 826-- The hotel itself is breathtaking, the room was facing the race course... it's really wonderful to have a freshly brewed Nespresso coffee from your own machine in the room... I sat in the balcony with my husband... not only did we enjoy the fresh green view but we also enjoyed the smell of fresh cut grass.... and lovely chirping of the birds!

But what really makes the place is the truly wonderful staff who make the experience sheer joy!!!, They are so eager to please, so pleasant and helpful, from the reservations(who booked us and accommodated all our requests-- one hour before check-in!) ) to the bell boys, to the waiters, to the pool attendants, the housekeepers who tirelessly kept our room immaculately clean TWICE in a day... just faultless!!

Thank you Meydan Hotel!! We definitely wanna go back there again sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are much better :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Li A
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. It was indeed a pleasure to receive your very kind compliments and I have taken the liberty of sharing the same to my team, who I am sure would agree that such feedback encourages each and every associate in ensuring that all guests enjoy the true ‘Meydan’ experience. Thank you once again for your continued support and we very much look forward to your return soon.

Antony Treston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Meydan Hotel, is amazing.
WE WERE THERE FOR THE CORPORATE EVENTS.
HUGE hotel, with beautiful environment, and even more beautiful view.
PARKING, GREAT APPROACH
GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD,
Because everything is HUGE, YOU HAVE A LOT TO walk, but use a little exercise,,,, :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback and wonderful compliments. Our hotel is indeed one of Dubai’s iconic landmark buildings, with a span twice as long, as the Burj Khalifa's height, at 1.6 kilometers. We very much hope that you will be back to enjoy our ‘Iftar in the Sky’, during the Holy Month of Ramadan, and enjoy our spectacular food offerings together with the unpatrolled views of the Dubai skyline, from our Ramadan Tent, on the 8th floor terrace of the Sky Bubble, here at Meydan.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been here with 2 small children and their grandmother, which is not always easy. But this hotel is one of the best I have ever been. We will definitely come back. Only the service in the bar in the reception area could be a little more responsive. So go right to the restaurants if you want to eat something. The pool area is great and the cocktails at the bar are even better. The drive to the center of Dubai is short because there is not to much traffic.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very kind feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, here at The Meydan Hotel and rest assured that your comments reference the bar service have been well-noted, for improvement. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to The Meydan Hotel.

Kochi (Cochin), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Quite place away from busy street _ well designed rooms with jacuzzi and power wash fancy toilets_ had a good service with an average breakfast_ all rooms facing the race track _ not a very busy hotel except probably during the race times.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and serenity at this time of the year.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting this place many times despite the worse check in experience every time during my 10 visits in one year !!! My last visit was on May with an unbelievable seen !! I went to my room after a long day with my friend to find that the cleaner forget his waste bag in my room full of cigarets, dirt and unclean tissues!! Which make me and my friend go very crazy not even the manager believed the seen !! I mean what kind of hotel can do this !! A hotel with this name hosting world horse race should be better than this !! Upgrading us to a suit was not enough for me to make me forget this experience .. I will never forget this seen !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Once again, as expressed during your stay with us, I would like to convey my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that the required corrective action has been taken in order to prevent such a regrettable incident occurring in the future.

Very much appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I attended a Pre Ramadan event at Meydan yesterday evening in the amazing Sky Bubble. We had the opportunity to sample the many delights that Meydan Hotel will be serving in the Sky Bubble for Iftar during the month of Ramadan.
The special installed décor was elegant ,the food was delicious, the views over Dubai's night Skyline breath taking!
Recommend to everyone looking for somewhere special for Iftar. Great price too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie L
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful time during our Pre-Iftar Ramadan Celebration and appreciate your recommendation of the same. I look forward to your return in the near future.

Hidd, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

What I liked :)
The reception welcome was very nice, camel toys for the kids, fruits, cakes and juice in the room was amazing.
The location of the hotel is far but for me it was good. Quite area, no traffic during my stay and Nearby mosque.
The size of the room is nearly double the size of other hotels, accommodate easily 2 baby beds. The bathroom was awesome, nice features for the shower, small Bathtub. Wonderful balcony and view except the weather.

What I didn't like :(
Need to speed up the On hold Payment. Still it is not released. Even i contacted the Hotel but didn't get reply.
Another thing, the valley parking needs improvements, especially at night, you keep waiting for long time for someone to take your car.

I definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors for better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank bjameel
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience with us and very nice compliments with regards to our reception service and facilities. We have taken note of your comments on the credit card deposit and valet parking and will act accordingly in order to improve in both areas.

Very much look forward to having you back in the near future.