“Enjoying Meydan Hotel”
Review of The Meydan Hotel

The Meydan Hotel
Ranked #89 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Meydan Hotel, is amazing.
WE WERE THERE FOR THE CORPORATE EVENTS.
HUGE hotel, with beautiful environment, and even more beautiful view.
PARKING, GREAT APPROACH
GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD,
Because everything is HUGE, YOU HAVE A LOT TO walk, but use a little exercise,,,, :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback and wonderful compliments. Our hotel is indeed one of Dubai’s iconic landmark buildings, with a span twice as long, as the Burj Khalifa's height, at 1.6 kilometers. We very much hope that you will be back to enjoy our ‘Iftar in the Sky’, during the Holy Month of Ramadan, and enjoy our spectacular food offerings together with the unpatrolled views of the Dubai skyline, from our Ramadan Tent, on the 8th floor terrace of the Sky Bubble, here at Meydan.

Antony Treston

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have been here with 2 small children and their grandmother, which is not always easy. But this hotel is one of the best I have ever been. We will definitely come back. Only the service in the bar in the reception area could be a little more responsive. So go right to the restaurants if you want to eat something. The pool area is great and the cocktails at the bar are even better. The drive to the center of Dubai is short because there is not to much traffic.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very kind feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, here at The Meydan Hotel and rest assured that your comments reference the bar service have been well-noted, for improvement. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to The Meydan Hotel.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Quite place away from busy street _ well designed rooms with jacuzzi and power wash fancy toilets_ had a good service with an average breakfast_ all rooms facing the race track _ not a very busy hotel except probably during the race times.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and serenity at this time of the year.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting this place many times despite the worse check in experience every time during my 10 visits in one year !!! My last visit was on May with an unbelievable seen !! I went to my room after a long day with my friend to find that the cleaner forget his waste bag in my room full of cigarets, dirt and unclean tissues!! Which make me and my friend go very crazy not even the manager believed the seen !! I mean what kind of hotel can do this !! A hotel with this name hosting world horse race should be better than this !! Upgrading us to a suit was not enough for me to make me forget this experience .. I will never forget this seen !!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Antony T, General Manager at The Meydan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear guest,

Once again, as expressed during your stay with us, I would like to convey my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that the required corrective action has been taken in order to prevent such a regrettable incident occurring in the future.

Very much appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I attended a Pre Ramadan event at Meydan yesterday evening in the amazing Sky Bubble. We had the opportunity to sample the many delights that Meydan Hotel will be serving in the Sky Bubble for Iftar during the month of Ramadan.
The special installed décor was elegant ,the food was delicious, the views over Dubai's night Skyline breath taking!
Recommend to everyone looking for somewhere special for Iftar. Great price too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie L

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful time during our Pre-Iftar Ramadan Celebration and appreciate your recommendation of the same. I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

What I liked :)
The reception welcome was very nice, camel toys for the kids, fruits, cakes and juice in the room was amazing.
The location of the hotel is far but for me it was good. Quite area, no traffic during my stay and Nearby mosque.
The size of the room is nearly double the size of other hotels, accommodate easily 2 baby beds. The bathroom was awesome, nice features for the shower, small Bathtub. Wonderful balcony and view except the weather.

What I didn't like :(
Need to speed up the On hold Payment. Still it is not released. Even i contacted the Hotel but didn't get reply.
Another thing, the valley parking needs improvements, especially at night, you keep waiting for long time for someone to take your car.

I definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors for better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bjameel

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience with us and very nice compliments with regards to our reception service and facilities. We have taken note of your comments on the credit card deposit and valet parking and will act accordingly in order to improve in both areas.

Very much look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Meydan is not characterized by anything that marks it out as distinctively Emirati or even Arabic and this is a missed opportunity. It is a lot of glass, standard rooms you find anywhere these days with a painting of a horse thrown in. During racing season it probably has some ambiance and the balconies would provide an uninterrupted view of the course. The rest of the time it is pretty dead. You need a car if you do not want to rely on overpriced taxis. Service is just satisfactory and the hotel seems to have a reactive stance with guests rather than a proactive one. The phones did not work so a trip to reception was made. The concierge came up, located what I wanted that was hidden in a wall totally unmarked, and proceeded to put on both the room television and the one in the bathroom - different channels and both at higher volume than was required. I could deal with the main television but he had made off with the remote for the smaller one. It took more than a small amount of pressure to get the duty manager upstairs. Breakfast is a buffet- again - nothing startling. In fact, rather less so given this is a 5-star establishment. The pool is very small and the spa facilities were not available on Fridays. This is a bit hopeless when many people go there for the weekend which includes a Friday.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the race course.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback.

Please rest assured that your observations have been well-noted as we continue to endeavor to improve our service and hospitality here at the Meydan Hotel.