“Birthday Girls”

Ranked #28 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“Birthday Girls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My daughter & I stayed for the week. We have a lovely 1 bed roomed apartment on the 7th floor with a stunning Marina view. Our apartment was spotless & the kitchen was well equipt having everything we needed for a week. We used room service when we arrived in the early hours and were delighted with the speed & efficiency in preparing & delivering our food which for a hotel was very reasonably priced. The staff in the hotel were delightful and could not do enough to help, particularly the concierge who were expert in hailing taxis! Our housekeeper was lovely and very talented at towel art which was a lovely wee touch. The hotel has a fabulous supermarket directly across the road which has everything including a fresh bakery & deli counter serving hot food and again the staff were lovely - our bags were carried to the hotel door for us! (This never happens in Asda lol). The hotel is next door to a stunningly beautiful mosque and the prayers are broadcast throughout the day this was a shock in the early hours of our first night but we soon got used to it & for me that is part of the enjoyment of travelling ie to experience the culture 1st hand. We intended to book into the spa but we had so many other things organised that we ran out of time but they offered lots of different treatments which seemed reasonably priced but you had to book appointments in advance. By Dubai standards this is not a luxury hotel but what it lacks in visual wow factor it makes up for by the friendly welcome and lovely staff who are very attentive, it has a safe homely feel and in my experience was spotlessly clean, it is well positioned and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A Marina View is a must!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Karen M
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Ms Karen ,

Greetings from Lotus !

Thank you for your detailed review about our product and services and our team mates that made the difference during your stay with us .

We are glad for your valuable inputs that was shared among my team members. We shall be glad to hear if we could be of be any further assistance during your next visit with us.

Shailesh Grover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular monthly biz visitor.Good value for money and staff are great.Cable connection in room,marina view and a lovely cafe to start the day.It's not luxury but well worn clean!
However this time in Room 606 I was under attack by cockroaches.Even after 4 spray routines by staff they kept coming back.
I will return BUT please sort out the cockroaches.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard D
Dear Mr.Richard D

Greetings from Lotus Marina!

Thank you for your valuable inputs. Over the last few weeks gone by we have made some changes in our services which includes making the entire hotel WI-FI including the guest rooms , therefore I am hopeful of better experience of internet services within the hotel now. Lately we made change of our Pest control vendor as well . We are hopeful of a better experience in the ensuing months to come . Looking forward to welcome you again.

Shailesh Grover

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Good Hotel Staff, very helpful
I rented a Villa it was very nice.
Place is near by Jumirah beach, JBR, Marina Dubai, Walk Street and super market in front of it, free parking.
Needs some maintenance in toilets
Other facilities are good

Room Tip: Couples take a villa Family take a family flat
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean Michel M
Dear Ms.Jean Michel M,

Greetings from Lotus !

It is indeed my pleasure to share your valuable review about us with my team mates. We are glad to see that your stay was a comfortable one . Your observations have been taken up and corrective action has been done in this regards.

We shall be glad to hear from your again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Staff at the hotel were exceptional. Greeted with a refreshing drink and warm welcoming smiles. We didn't manage to get an apartment with a marina view - however the view from the pool more than made up for it as we spent very little time in the room. Pool isn't heated but made for a very refreshing dip! 15min walk from nearest metro station which was useful as we hadn't hired a car.. Easy to get down onto the marina with plenty of choice of restaurants. Room had clean towels, shampoos and hair dryer. The rooms were very clean with ample space. Will refer back to how accommodating the staff were. Due to sad circumstances our trip was cut short and they did what they could it accommodate our needs

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine G
Dear Ms. Catherine G

Greetings from Lotus Hospitality!

It is indeed our pleasure to see your valuable review about us .It shall be our pleasure to be your host once again.

Looking forward to your return visit with us .

Kind Regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Lotus Hotel Apartment Dubai Marina's one-bedroom apartment for 2 nights in early November 2013. We chose it due to the affordable rate (compared to other hotels in same location) as I had the Gulf's Entertainer voucher which Lotus Group is partnering with. The scheme gave us a one for one night complimentary stay, although the charge was based on call-in (not online) at best available rate, which was much higher than the online rate.

We took the advice of previous TA contributors to request for high floor + Marina view room and were happy that they acceded by showing us to a Marina view room located at the 5th floor. The building has a total of 7 floors only, making it one of the shortest and smallest around the area.

Below are my review of the Aparthotel's pros and cons :-

Pros :
- Friendly and efficient front desk personnel - noted that the gentleman handling our check-in (forgot his name) was a great multi-tasker ; doubling up as the receptionist as all housekeeping requests and outside inquiries were channeled to the front desk!
- Great view from the balcony if your room faces the Marina.
- Comfortable beds and pillows.
- Amenities such as small kitchenette complete with microwave oven, kettle jug, plates and minimal utensils (You would need to conduct a comprehensive 'treasure hunt' to locate the spoons and forks as they are hidden in an inconspicuous drawer without any handle below the sink).
- The room was tidied daily. The housekeeping guy also acceded to our request to convert the double bed into 2 single beds.
- Enjoyed the massage service at the Lotus Spa.The lady at the spa counter managed to accommodate my request for a last minute booking at 8pm (they close at 9pm) but due to shortage of staff, she managed to give me a 30 minutes deep-tissue massage which was really good. The spa's ambiance was quiet and clean.
- There is a well-stocked supermarket across the street (Choitram's) which is very convenient and quite a few restaurants and cafes along the Marina Walk.

Cons :
- The room was generally clean, although the glass panels facing the balcony needed a good wash.
- The bedroom + bathroom were quite dim to our preference, probably due to the dark grey tiles and interior walls.
- The sewerage system needs to be checked. Each time the toilet is flushed, there is a funny odour which permeates the bathroom. We had to open the windows to air the room after every visits to the loo.
- Wifi only works in the hotel lobby and you would need to keep trying many times before you get a connection.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay for 2 nights but if I plan to stay longer, I would want to consider other options. Note too that the bedroom size is adequate for 2 people so it won't do for families.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Marina + higher floors
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank K2travelgirl
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Ms. KellyKum ,

Greetings from Lotus !

Thank you for your reviews. In order to understand our customers we take our guests reviews seriously as they guide us to understand the market demands in a better way. Based on this some of the common issues that came up during the time have been closed such as Making the enire hotel Wi-fi including the guest rooms . We offer Free of charge Wi-Fi in our hotel Lobby only. Lighting of the bathrooms is being reconsidered and has been implemented in some of our rooms already thus making our rest rooms more brighter than earlier. Issues with regards to the General maintenance have been taken up already .

We thank you for your appreciation for our team members whose presence made the difference . We are glad that your overall stay was a favorable one.

Kind regards

belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Booked a 14 night stay through Ebookers for an apartment with view over the marina. After the booking I sent an email to the hotel's mail adress, asking them if it was possible to have a room as high as possible. At arrival, the said they had no rooms with marina view available and they also said that the type of room I booked had no marina view at all. I showed them the Ebookers link and asked to give me what I asked for. I was told that the next day, the front office manager would be there and that he would certainly have a solution. The next day, no manager so I asked a total refund of my booking telling them that I would find another place to stay. They refused telling me that my booking was guaranteed, so I told them that a guarantee always works both ways. Finally, after a 9 hours wait, we got a 1 bedroom appartment with marina view. We have never seen the front office manager ! At a certain moment we decided to do some laundry and when I tried to start the washing machine, no reaction at all. I took a look and saw that the electric cable was not connected. I informed the staff and they sent an "engineer". He took a look at the washing machine, I showed him the electric cable and he went out, telling me he had to inform his 'manager'. In the evening : no working washing machine at all. Went back to the front office and complained. Another "engineer" came and replaced the washing machine. The hotel staff itself is very polite and helpfull. However I think there are way to many "managers" in the hotel, actually like in whole Dubai. They have managers for everything, mostly people who don't do anything at all but walk around telling the working people what to do without even knowing what the working people really have to do. Instead of leaving the decissions to the people who know what they are doing, they rather decide to make ridiculous decissions. The hotel itself is pretty ok but needs a complete renovation, location is great. Wifi is free in the lobby, expensive if you want cable internet in the room. Pool is nice but very cold water. Breakfast is rather expensive compared to breakfast you can get in the neighbourhood. Very big Choitrams supermarket across the hotel where you can actually buy anything you need, even pork meat for the non religuous people.Won't stay here again next time unless they start doing some renovation and have some real managers or no managers at all but make the people who know what they are doing responsible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Baldisbeautiful
Dear Mr . Baldisbeautiful

Greetings from Lotus Marina!

Thank you for your review .
Its unfortunate to read your experience with us , we regret for the delay in providing the Marina facing accommodation & for the Washing machine that had to be replaced during the course of your stay. We have been refurbishing our accommodation in phases and hope you will have a much better experience with us on your next visit with us . Lately we have made the guest rooms also fully wi-fi that used to be cabled while you stay last with us.

Once again we look forward to your next visit with us to re insure you of our best services .

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had booked this hotel on Booking.com, and found it strange that upon check-in, I was asked to pay the total amount for my stay (4 nights). I had not been impressed with the lobby, but I was truly horrified when I reached the room. This place is filthy, run down and full of flies. There was no way I could have spent a night there, and I asked for my money back. The manager refused to reimburse me for the first night, but I still left. I found out less than an hour later that the manager had called Booking.com to cancel my online booking with them directly so that I would not be able to leave a negative review on the website… Book a room there at your own risks!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Catherine549
Dear Ms Catherine,

Greetings Form Lotus !

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that our team members had requested you to show you an alternate accommodation however you had declined and instead wanted to leave . Hotel accommodation for on line reservations are pre-booked & guaranteed, accordingly your were asked to pay upon arrival. As you had expressed your desire not to stay we were bound to cancel your reservation with the reservation channel and same was done by my team, and this was not with an specific intention .
We regret for that we could not live up to your expectations. However, it shall be our pleasure to be given another opportunity to showcase product & services.