“Good value for marina in school hols”

Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina
Ranked #28 of 292 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
“Good value for marina in school hols”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Just had a week in Easter holidays here and would recommend it as a mid range budget hotel. It does what it says on the tin really, we were upgraded to a villa suite without asking which offered quite a large living space with kitchen area. The maid service was excellent and they accommodated us with a early check in and late check out and free use of business centre to sort out return flight. It's a reasonable walk to the shops and restaurants but as other contributors have noted taxis are stunningly cheap. Across the road is a supermarket which is ideal for getting odds and ends for breakfast and the pool area is fine with a really helpful pool attendant called vushi who was always helpful.

Dubai has loads to offer as a holiday destination and the lotus is a good base to explore from.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Mr.David,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina, Dubai !.

Thank you for inspiring us with your valuable inputs and for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your recent visit with us lately. We sincerely appreciate your feedback about the team members & the overall hotel product & guest services that has left positive impressions about us. Once again I on behalf of my entire team we would like to thank you for the brief visit you had with us lately.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We Stayed here when visiting friends who lived around Dubai Marina and its in a quiet position at the end of the Marina. The accommodation is no frills and basic but clean with a small kitchen in each room and balcony. The was the constant sound of pipped music in the corridors which became annoying after a while.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr .Nicholasrbishop,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina, Dubai !.

Thank you for sharing your valuable inputs and for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We have made a note of your reviews as placed here-in for further enhancement of our product & services to add more value to our guest experience. Once again I on behalf of my entire team we would like to thank you for the brief visit you had with us.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at Lotus with my family from 6 till 17 of March this year.
4 advantages of the hotel- 1. very nice and friendly staff, especially Mujeeb 2. spacious rooms 3. Nice view on Marina 4. ATM and supermarket just 50 m from the hotel

What I didn't like:
1. When i was booking the room at lotus I made sure that there is a free wi-fi available at the hotel. It was a critical point as my wife had to do some work being on holidays. After 5 days of free wi-fi I found that I don't have connection anymore. I went to reception where I was told that from today you need to pay for wi-fi... I said that it's not fair to change the rules. I met with the manager of the hotel whom I explained why i'm not happy that hotel doesn't deliver it's own promises. Manager said - don't worry, we will be providing you a free access on daily basis. What you need to do is to come to reception every morning and take the login and password.
it wasn't convenient anymore but ok in the end I got I wanted. I had no problems with inet for 3 days. 4 days later I came to reception and asked for the password but was told..that I need to pay for wi-fi. I thought it was misunderstanding as we had an agreement with the manager of the hotel. But there was no mistake, i found out that manager ordered to his staff not to provide the free access to wifi to any guests anymore...I wanted to talk to the manager but I couldn't..he cancelled the wifi and left the hotel for weekend. it was really disappointing that the manager of lotus did't keep his own words and fooled his guests. Many guests were disappointed with such decision of the manager.
2. One morning I woke up at 8 am because of a loud...hammer noise. The management of the hotel made decision to start renovation works at the hotel not closing the hotel but with leaving guests. Now imagine - you are going to vacations with family and every morning you ought to wake up because of the heavy hammer noise. Such a simple thing as to have a good sleeping wasn't impossible at this hotel. Many guests were really frustrated and complained to a manager but nothing happened. They didn't stop renovation works. When I went to reception and asked stop making this noise or at least start renovation works later, not at 8 am I was told sorry but we can't help you. They added that initially they planned to start renovation works at ..6 am, but shifted to 8. So the rest of the holidays we spent at the the hotel under constant hammer noise. Guests complaints were just ignored by the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alex S
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Mr . Alex,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina!.

Thank you for sharing your valuable inputs and for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your recent visit with us lately. We appreciate your comments about our staff , the overall hotel product.

We regret that some of our services did not come close to meet your expectations such as Free Internet and product enhancement work of carpet being replaced on the floor corridors whose access has been blocked for our guests.

We see that your reservation is not made directly with the hotel and is routed through an external agency, Internet is chargeable at our hotel and our Front Office Manager has made an exception by extending it free of charge during your stay as requested. Additionally, we have recently carried out replacement of our carpet that is in the floor corridor which was blocked for the guest usage in order to provide enhanced value to our guests. We regret if this has caused inconvenience to you .

We shall be glad to have you with once again to experience the added value we have recently incorporated.

Kind regards,

Linz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this Appartement-hotel twice. The rooms are dark but have been clean. Location is ok (close to jbr walk & beach and marina mall).
Never ate there because of the reviews from other tripadvisors as well as hotel guests.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Michael W
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Mr .Michael
Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina!.
Thank you for sharing your valuable inputs and for giving us an opportunity to serve you on two occasions. We have made a note of your reviews as placed here-in for further enhancement of our product & services to add more value to our guest experience Once again I on behalf of my entire team we would like to thank you for the brief visit you had with us lately.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for seven nights between the 20th and 27th of February this year. We had prepaid for breakfasts and dinners. We had a spacious apartment which was very clean, giving us a very large kitchen/lounge area, separate large bedroom which was en-suite with shower/bath etc. and an adequate balcony for a small table and two chairs. Our 5th floor room had the most perfect views along the marina. The views were interesting and beautiful, ranging from the early morning joggers and dog walkers to the colourful lights of the boats, hotels and apartments in the evening.

All of the hotel and restaurant staff were extremely helpful and courteous and were only too willing to help make our stay enjoyable. However, the restaurant food was very disappointing. The dining room appears to be run by a separate caterer. The dinner choice was limited and even repeated on consecutive evenings. It was served as a buffet and only lukewarm. We complained about this one evening but the following evening there was no improvement. There was only one coffee pot and one tea pot which was inadequate for the number of diners. The waiters were helpful but the dining room was understaffed and the waiters did not appear to look after their own tables. The result of this was, when returning with a second cup of coffee, I met a waiter with plates from our table containing some breakfast we still had to eat. On other occasions dirty plates piled on our table and were not cleared. This was awkward when we had a small table. We had three dinners in the hotel and only because we had prepaid and happy to stay at the hotel having had busy days sightseeing. Although prepaid, we decided to eat in outside restaurants for evenings.

The porter told us to switch on our shower water heater about ten minutes before we had a shower in the mornings. However, this was not long enough, nor was it normal or convenient to have to wait. Even having the water heater on overnight didn't totally give us enough warm shower water for two and we thought perhaps the apartment had a small hot water tank.

Even with all of the positive aspects, I don't think we would return here. We did mention the dining room issues to management in the restaurant and reception area but no one spoke to us on it at the time and an email received on our return home was non-specific. We were fortunate with our room situation, otherwise this would have been much more disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marionhas4
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just got back from Dubai. I have spent four nights in this hotel and had a bad experience. During our first night in the hotel we found BUGS in the room,probable three of them. We complained and were offered to shift to a room in the first floor,but this will not give us the good view on the marina. As an alternative the front desk amanger said that he will do pest control for the room if we leave the room for couple of hours. I have agreed to this and we left the room for more than two hours but a night before we leave to the airport we still faced the BUGS inside the room. House keeping service is so bad, the ash remained in the ash tray for three days before i asked them to clean it. Concierge service is the worst i have ever seen. I have waisted two hours of my time to book for a show in Dubai simple because i can not use my credit card to pay. I have waited two hours for a credit card and at the end i had to cancel it. Later on i came to know that the concierge have been in Dubai only for four months and did not is not familiar with street directions and he was a waiter and they gave him the concierge role one month back.
Inspite of the very bad experience,i have to thank some of the good faces i have met in this property such as Mujeeb and Robert from the front desk and Sukesh from the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank dan t

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as we were staying with friends in Abu Dhabi and wanted a quick 'mini break' in Dubai but didn't want to pay for the luxury of one of the beach resorts.

This is a convenient, budget hotel/apartment and it met our needs well in this respect. We had asked in advance for the sofa bed to be made up for our 4 year old daughter and this was only done after we again requested on 2 occasions after check in, but that said everyone was very courteous.

There is a lot of construction going on around the building and the pool is completely in shade during the morning but if you plan on being out and about and simply want a bed at the end of the day, this is more than suitable in that respect.

Room Tip: You may wish to specifically request a marina view room - we didn't and only got a side view but...