$49
Hotels.com
JW Marriott Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$82
$360
$270
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $469/night.

Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$153
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Movenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$124
$120
Movenpick.com
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$254
$163
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$1,397
$172
Jumeirah.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$145
Atlantis, The Palm(Dubai)
$345
$295
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $443/night.

$1,819
$1,348
All reviewsdubai marinajlt metro stationbedroom apartmentsuper marketswimming pooldirect accesslobby areajumeirah beachfamily holidaysupermarketbalconytaxiappliancesprayermallburj
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for seven nights between the 20th and 27th of February this year. We had prepaid for breakfasts and dinners. We had a spacious apartment which was very clean, giving us a very large kitchen/lounge area, separate large bedroom which was en-suite with shower/bath etc. and an adequate balcony for a small table and two chairs. Our 5th floor room had the most perfect views along the marina. The views were interesting and beautiful, ranging from the early morning joggers and dog walkers to the colourful lights of the boats, hotels and apartments in the evening.

All of the hotel and restaurant staff were extremely helpful and courteous and were only too willing to help make our stay enjoyable. However, the restaurant food was very disappointing. The dining room appears to be run by a separate caterer. The dinner choice was limited and even repeated on consecutive evenings. It was served as a buffet and only lukewarm. We complained about this one evening but the following evening there was no improvement. There was only one coffee pot and one tea pot which was inadequate for the number of diners. The waiters were helpful but the dining room was understaffed and the waiters did not appear to look after their own tables. The result of this was, when returning with a second cup of coffee, I met a waiter with plates from our table containing some breakfast we still had to eat. On other occasions dirty plates piled on our table and were not cleared. This was awkward when we had a small table. We had three dinners in the hotel and only because we had prepaid and happy to stay at the hotel having had busy days sightseeing. Although prepaid, we decided to eat in outside restaurants for evenings.

The porter told us to switch on our shower water heater about ten minutes before we had a shower in the mornings. However, this was not long enough, nor was it normal or convenient to have to wait. Even having the water heater on overnight didn't totally give us enough warm shower water for two and we thought perhaps the apartment had a small hot water tank.

Even with all of the positive aspects, I don't think we would return here. We did mention the dining room issues to management in the restaurant and reception area but no one spoke to us on it at the time and an email received on our return home was non-specific. We were fortunate with our room situation, otherwise this would have been much more disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marionhas4
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just got back from Dubai. I have spent four nights in this hotel and had a bad experience. During our first night in the hotel we found BUGS in the room,probable three of them. We complained and were offered to shift to a room in the first floor,but this will not give us the good view on the marina. As an alternative the front desk amanger said that he will do pest control for the room if we leave the room for couple of hours. I have agreed to this and we left the room for more than two hours but a night before we leave to the airport we still faced the BUGS inside the room. House keeping service is so bad, the ash remained in the ash tray for three days before i asked them to clean it. Concierge service is the worst i have ever seen. I have waisted two hours of my time to book for a show in Dubai simple because i can not use my credit card to pay. I have waited two hours for a credit card and at the end i had to cancel it. Later on i came to know that the concierge have been in Dubai only for four months and did not is not familiar with street directions and he was a waiter and they gave him the concierge role one month back.
Inspite of the very bad experience,i have to thank some of the good faces i have met in this property such as Mujeeb and Robert from the front desk and Sukesh from the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dan t
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as we were staying with friends in Abu Dhabi and wanted a quick 'mini break' in Dubai but didn't want to pay for the luxury of one of the beach resorts.

This is a convenient, budget hotel/apartment and it met our needs well in this respect. We had asked in advance for the sofa bed to be made up for our 4 year old daughter and this was only done after we again requested on 2 occasions after check in, but that said everyone was very courteous.

There is a lot of construction going on around the building and the pool is completely in shade during the morning but if you plan on being out and about and simply want a bed at the end of the day, this is more than suitable in that respect.

Room Tip: You may wish to specifically request a marina view room - we didn't and only got a side view but a full view would have been nice.... (although we didn't think to request this in advance)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cath S
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Ms Cath S,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina!.
Thank you for sharing your valuable inputs and for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are glad to your hear about the favorable experience you had with us during the brief stay you had with us lately.
I on behalf of my entire team once again thank you for visiting us at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina. Looking forward to your future visit with us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for almost a month whilst visiting offices in Dubai. The flight landed at 8am Dubai Time and although I had no reservation until that evening I wanted to go to the hotel to drop off my luggage and then head into the office. As I went to check in and leave my luggage they initially said that my room was not available as it was being cleaned. I said that I just needed to leave luggage but then the Manager came to greet me, thanked me for choosing the hotel for a 25 night stay, upgraded me to the next type of room and gave me one of their outside villas. This was very good, comfortable studio apartment but had a veranda all on ground level. The shop across the road was great, the laundry man further down the road is great value and the barbers was next door. A stones throw from the Marina with great walks. Taxis coming past all the time, a short walk from the metro - I could NOT have asked for anything else.

Room Tip: Found that the pillows were a bit hard and gave me a bad neck a couple of nights.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ukdcham

Dear Mr Ukdcham ,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina your preferred residence address while at Dubai recently. On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for recommending our facility and for sharing your valuable inputs as you were with us for a long period of time and had a good opportunity to experience our entire range of products and services.
We would like to thank you for your genuine inputs as shared here-in. We are reviewing your room tips as suggested here-in.
I on behalf of my entire team once again thank you for visiting us at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina, It shall be my teams pleasure to hear from you for your future visit with us.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

By Dubai standards, the accommodation here is simple. Yet it is more than adequate... I found myself asking, while I was looking for potential places to stay, do I REALLY need a 110sq.m. 1-bed apartment to stay in for a week's holiday (this is pretty common here)? Crikey, that's 1.5 times the size of the last 2-bed apartment I owned in London, which was plenty big enough to live in full time!

So, here we got a 40-45 sq.m. 1-bed apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen and open-plan living room (which includes a sofa-bed if you need the extra sleeping room), a bedroom with king size bed & enough room for baby cot and a bathroom. We also had a balcony, with access from both living room and bedroom, with a stunning view of the Marina and towards the sea. (Because of the smaller size, this was actually significantly cheaper than many simple hotel rooms without the kitchen facilities.)

The staff were universally friendly and helpful. We were there with a 1-yr old baby and, every time they saw us, everyone not only greeted us and asked if they could help with anything but wanted to say hi to and interact with him - which made us feel very welcome.

There's a decent pool area (though nothing special) but, as some comments have noted, it does 'only' get the sun from late morning till mid-late afternoon. There is free wi-fi in the lobby area (which extends up the open central core to the landings outside the apartments) but not in the rooms. There is also a courtesy bus service at set times to and from a local beach and shopping mall if you so wish (though, depending on the traffic and the weird one-way system it can be quicker to walk to the beach).

There were a few hiccoughs: the kitchen was missing a few items when we arrived; there was no baby cot available the first night; they changed the towels every day (no matter whether we hung them up or not) but one day they forgot to leave new ones. But these were all minor things, were rectified as quickly as they could be, and were dealt with in a friendly, apologetic and professional manner.

We didn't use the restaurant or spa facilities at all, so I won't comment.

Thinking wider, the location is a good base for exploring Dubai, being on the Marina and a short walk to the "The Walk", part of the Jumeirah Beach district, which has myriad restaurants, cafes, hotels and shops of one sort and another, as well as a public beach. But it is also about a 10 minute walk (a bit longer with a pushchair!) to the Jumeirah Lake Towers metro station on the red line, which gives you easy and cheap access (in conjunction with the feeder bus network) pretty much everything in less than an hour (many things significantly faster). (Though, it has to be said that it is, by UK standards, wonderfully cheap to get around by taxi, which many people, even locals, do all the time.)

This was our first trip to Dubai but, from the research I did while booking, it is all too easy to spend some really silly money on accomodation here. If you want luxury and huge amounts of space, then go for it, and enjoy. But if, like us, you're on a budget and are content to be (more than simply) comfortable and well-looked-after, then I can recommend the Lotus. And we really were very comfortable, even with the baby, in such a 'small' space!

Room Tip: Try and get an apartment on a higher floor (there are only 7 floors which, by Dubal standards, is tiny!) with a Marina view. But definitely the Marina view as there is still a lot of construction going on in the neighbourhood (though noise was not obvious - it's just the view)... If you want to be specific, probably 4th floor or higher (ideally) but an apartment number x05, x06, x07 or x08.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr Brother Naxos,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Marina!
At the outset let me thank you for the inspiring feedback as placed here-in giving detailed inputs of your overall experience with us during your recent stay in Jan 2013.
I am happy to learn that my team members had come close to meet your expectations. We indeed feel very proud to hear the encouraging comments that you have mentioned about our team members who have not only delighted you but have left you with fond memories of this place through their exceptional service.
Reviews like these have been our driving force which urges us to move further ahead in extending a truly unique experience for our valued guests like you while they savor our Hospitality. We are extremely happy to be a part of this experience of yours.