“Good service, accommodated my mistake on booking”

Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina
Ranked #49 of 300 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I accidentally booked my studio room for the previous day that arrived in Dubai, on arrival at the reception I was told that I had booked the previous day and that my non refundable booking was simply my mistake (totally true) and that I would have to pay 400 AED for a room that evening, after trying to broker something with the receptionist she said that was the best she could do, so I asked to speak to the manager. After waiting 5 minutes for the manager to arrive he promptly asked what was the issue and simply said that it would be no issue to allocate me another room at no charge, not only this, I was placed in a 2 bedroom apartment as a replacement.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bigsteve84
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Mr Bigsteve ,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

Thank you for your recent visit with us. I am equally delighted to read such comments about our service that touched you. Its our team endeavor to ensure that we are able to exceed our guests expectations , I am happy that our team was able to deliver what we stand for.

We shall be glad to see you again to experience our hospitality.

There are newer reviews for Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to this hotel with 2 girlfriends for a 3 day week-end. We arrived around check-in time but the room wasn't ready so we were asked to wait. During that time we went for lunch and 45 minutes after ordering, I got something else than what I had ordered. They offered to redo my order but by that time I was famished so I declined. After lunch we headed back to the front desk but the room still wasn't ready. To compensate for this wait we were offered free breakfasts. Eventually we got our room which was very clean and the decor was nice. We had a view of the marina but unfortunately the windows were so dirty that we could barely see. On the last day the housekeeping staff woke us up at 6h30am but to compensate we were allowed a (very) late check out. Throughout the week-end, for everything we asked (like extra towels) they didn't get it right the first time around but after complaining they got it right.

If being at the marina and saving money are very important then it might be worth it but if you're looking for good service then look for something else.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Overseasgirl

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

At the outset let me take this opportunity to regret for the various service concerns as raised in your comments.

We acknowledge your visit for the recent stay with us was not a very favorable one even though my team members tried to render solutions for the lapses.

Some of the issues as highlighted in your observation have already been taken up with my team associates that lead to such an experience with an appropriate re-training being carried out so that we are able to render our commitment of upholding our brand values.

I am sure we deserve a second chance, and would be glad to hear from you for your forthcoming visit .

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for 1 week with a friend. Good hotel & very good value for money.
Check in: Easy & quick.
Location: Really good.. Short walk to Marina Mall / Jumeirah Beach Road (JBR) with all the coffee shops and restaurants.
Rooms: Spacious, contain everything you need in a flat. We even used the washing machine!
Staff members: All staff members very helpful & polite. They listen to you and are all helpful.
Service: Really Great.
Restaurant: A bit boring. Good if you like indian food, though.
Supermarket open untill midnight, 1 minute walk from hotel.
Another supermarket open 24 hrs 5 minutes walk.

Overall, a very good tourist class hotel.
I wouldn't categorize it as superior or deluxe or first class. I would rather say Tourist Plus. But definitely not 4 star quality. Rather say 3+. However, everything was fine & clean; there is nothing "luxurious" about the hotel. But that doesn't make it less attractive.

Negatives:
No WIFI in rooms / restaurant / pool area.
Wifi in lobby is chargeable. 40 Dirhams per hour or 75 Dirhams for a day.

Don't use hotel taxi! You'll end up paying around 30% more than a regular taxi from the street.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank s k

Dear Mr S.K.

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

Thank you for your recent visit with us & for your reviews as published here-in. I am happy to see your candid comments about our service & Products and the observations on the hotels uniqueness.

Reviews like this are important and we take them seriously which gives us opportunity to meet our guests perceived needs.

I shall be my pleasure to have you back with us.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Interiors are good. Front Desk is very friendly. Rooms are small but good. I had 2 tvs in my room, one in living and one in bedroom. Easy to find parking places.
Location is a little bit far from Dubai Marina. 15 minutes walk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Merve Baris C

Dear Mr MerveBaris,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

We are indeed glad to see your review for the recent stay you had with us.

Comments like these about our product & services encourage us to go an extra mile to ensure that we keep on delighting our guest every time they visit us at Lotus.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We came to Dubai for 11 nights. I was looking for a flat or a hotel specifically in Dubai Marina - as I concider it being the best place for vacation in the city.
Even though this hotel is located almost in the very end of the Dubai Marina. That is why you will find a lot of constructions around it, for example we had a mosque under constraction right infront of our balcony..and it was guite noisy in the morning. but i think in couple of years this area will be finished and its gonna be fabulous as the rest of Marina.
So the hotel itself -pritty clean - we had a studio and it was fully packed - even more than my own flat)) Washing mashine,air conditioning, dish washer, iron, fridge of course, all the utencils.Locker out of charge. Fan in the bathroom and all the facilities like in a hotel -towels, shampoo...etc.
We really enjoyed our stay. Even on the day we left they prolonged our check out for couple of hours more- free of charge.
But there was the only thing that disturbed me - croaches -I found couple of them in a room - but I know this is a problem everywhere in Dubai -sometimes they have flying croaches - so they fly everywhere and you cant controll them at all
- so thanks for the stuff for a pleasant stay.
And one more thing about its location - it takes approximately 10-15 minutes to reach the beach and same distance to the nearest metro station - you can walk - but if its not freaking hot - or you can take a taxi -which is 10 dirhams - so choose your self))

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paulina L

Dear Ms Paulina,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

One of the issues as highlighted in your observation was immediately taken up as pointed out during your stay by our team members.

We shall be glad to see you again to experience our hospitality.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great hotel in the best location. You can get to anywhere in Dubai for a reasonable taxi price.
The view of the Marina is amazing and we were lucky enough to get that view from our room.
The hotel is very clean and tidy, the rooms are spacious and the staff are helpful, nothing is ever too much trouble. Majeed looked after us everyday that we were there. Reception and security also treated us very well.
Breakfast is good and well worth staying in the hotel for.
We also used the spa for a pedicure - very relaxing.
All prices are very reasonable, food, drink and rooms. I was surprised at how good the hotel was for the price that we paid.

This was an excellent place to stay and I wouldn't hesitate to return when I go back to the UAE.

Room Tip: Request Marina view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mtlrainbow

Dear Mr Mtlrainbow,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina.

We are indeed delighted to hear your comments for the recent stay you had with us and for assuring us for the revisit .

Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Lotus in the Marina is a great option while in Dubai, if you want something more than a small hotel room. We had a 1 bedroom apartment with full kitchen and also enjoyed the hotel roomservice. All our request to frontdesk/roomservice were promptly delivered and even a follow-up call to ensure quality and speed.

I can highly recommend the Lotus in the Marina, great views, great apartments and great staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Galsgaard
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Mr Galsgaard,

We are indeed delighted to receive your valuable inputs and feedback about our hotel apartment , the quality of services and the team that makes it happen.

It is the unstinted effort of the entire team that goes behind in making our guests experience a memorable stay , one that cast impressions for a long time.

Once again we are grateful to you for your valuable contribution and time for extending your inputs at the site.

We shall be glad to see you soon with us again .