All reviewsdubai marinajlt metro stationbed apartmentsuper marketswimming pooldirect accesslobby areafamily holidaysupermarketbalconytaxiappliancesprayermallburj
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel went out of their way to ensure that our stay was pleasurable. Because of some maintenance issues with the room we were given at check-in, we were moved to another room. This room exceeded our expectations. The staff were extremely friendly and overall it was a most enjoyable stay. The Dubai Marina location is a plus. Transportation into Dubai city is easy and fast on the Metro. A visit to the Sheik Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding in Dubai city should be on your must-do list.

Room Tip: Discuss with the reception staff immediately if there are any issues.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Sir ,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina.

We are grateful to you for sharing your valuable inputs and your experience during your stay with us . We are absolutely delighted to hear such comments for our team members who ensured that your stay was memorable one . At Lotus Hospitality it is our team’s constant endeavor to ensure that we are able to exceed our guests expectations and to delight our valuable guests like you . My team is extremely excited to hear such favorable comments .

We shall be glad to receive you once again . Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights (mix of business and leisure) and selected it in part b/c of its location, price per night and small kitchen. We booked a studio suite, but received a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite after I complained about the smell in the bathroom of the studio suite (caused by the pipes, which is a common problem with many Dubai buildings). The manager was very helpful and immediately offered me a new room which was larger, had a better view and did not have a smelly bathroom. This new room was very spacious with a fully functioning kitchen and a lovely balcony overlooking the Marina. It suited our needs perfectly for a long-ish stay. Perhaps the only annoying feature was the lack of wireless internet, which meant that we had to keep the long cable connected to our laptops-- luckily, it was long enough for use anywhere in the apartment.
We did not visit the onsite restaurant as numerous restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel, along with a couple of small supermarkets for essentials. The hotel has a small spa (we had a couple basic massages), a small pool and a basic gym.
All in all, this is a pretty basic hotel, but it serves its purpose as an inexpensive hotel apartment located in a great part of Dubai.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Ms. Ebbie Sue,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina !

At the outset let me thank you for sharing your valuable experience during your recent visit at ‘Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina’.

I am happy to learn that my team members had come close to meet your expectations. We indeed feel very proud to hear the encouraging comments that you have mentioned about our team members who have not only delighted you but have left you with fond memories of this place through their exceptional service. We regret for the concerns raised in your feedback however we are taking up your inputs for product enhancement and necessary correction.

Feedbacks like these have been our driving force which urges us to move further ahead in extending a truly unique experience for our valued guests like you while they savor our Hospitality. We are extremely happy to be a part of this experience of yours.

I on behalf of my entire team once again thank you for visiting us at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina and look forward to your future visit with us.

Hotel Manager
Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa. Marina.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed there with my best friend 6 days for my birthday. I love Marina, so for me hotel have best location, because Dubai Marina is most luxury places in Dubai and safest. Hotel have at lest 2 mini markets near, one is Miami (we dont like), another is little bit more far, but we like it more called Zumurud. around 10 min walk to JBR the Walk and around 15 min walk to metro and 20 min walk to Marina mall. It was quite in day and night and we almost don't see other guest. Swimming pool is little bit small , but amazing view to Marina, but I don't like behaviour of pool workers, they was little bit rude. Also pool close at 6 pm! and they not allow to swim and even sit in this area after this time. Room was large, I like kitchen and washing machine, we have 2 tv in room, but none of them works, we just cant turn it on, but for us it wasnt a problem, because we not watch it generally. There was hot water in kitchen, but in shower water was only little warm. I dont like room cleaning, they not do they work good, first there was lot of dust in room and in balcony, second for 6 days they change shampoo etc only 1 time, and shampoo bottle was really small and looks like they was used so we have to buy everything for taking shower, also they forget to put new toilet paper and bring it only next day after we ask. Oh and iron board was broken, so iron falls down and my friend burn her leg and till now she still have scarf. Overall price not match the quality of service.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Yulia A

Dear Mr. Amira Almajid,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa ,Marina !

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your experience during your recent visit with us.

At Lotus it is our constant endeavor to move further by incorporating valuable inputs received from our guests and to re-look at the areas of product and service enhancement. At Lotus we emphasize on having eye for details and availing every single opportunity to delight our valued guests like you unfortunately this has not happened during your recent visit with us. In light of which as a corrective measure Re-training of our associates involved is being done to ensure that our brand standards are met every time for every guests. We regret for the incident involving your friend during the stay, I wish we were informed about the same during the stay.

Nevertheless , We regret for the unfortunate experience you had with us. Let me reassure you that we always attempt to delight our valued guests during their visit with us & we shall be delighted to hear from you once again. It shall be my team’s pleasure to have you back with us by giving us one more opportunity to showcase our hospitality.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just returned after 8 days stay. Just as other reviewers have stated, there was a strange smell in the bathroom but i just left the ventilator on all day. kitchen cupboards arent fitted properly which has resulted in damage as the doors cannot be closed properly this made the room look tatty. (also wardrobe door came away in my hands when i opened it and almost fell on me. this was repaired very quickly but it was obvious that this door had fallen away before , judging by the large holes where the screws had been !) cleaning staff, concierge, pool guard and security staff all excellent and so very helpful. reception staff not quite as good but simply 'ok'. My key card failed to work on 5 occasions! yep 5 occasions! and my room was on 6th floor so not good having to trapes up and down to reception for the key to be re-activated so many times! finally they gave me a key that seemed to work ( towards the end of my stay) but why not so in the first place ? also reception staff dont seem to like arranging taxis instead the security guard goes out to the road to flag one for you. location of hotel is excellent. walking distance for metro. beach, super markets and jbr. room service and pool side service ridiculously slow and i did not feel that the room was cleaned sufficiently. i note that the rooms are only hoovered but the tiled areas do not appear to be washed. also the balcony was so very dusty from previous sand storms and was not cleaned during my stay. inside the wardrobes were dusty too and i had to wash my husbands shirt as this was marked from sitting on the wardrobe shelf.i do not blame the staff for this as i suspect there arent enough staff employed to cope with everything that this hotel is trying to do. it is my suspicion that the hotel also appears to cater for boat trips. people seem to use the parking lot for the boat trips and the hotel seems to arrange the food catering for boat trips. i really think this hotel needs to make up its mind whether it is an agent for boat trips, or is it a hotel or is it self service apartments as at the moment it seems to be trying to do everything but as a result im sad to say that nothing seems to be done that well. i felt that at £1000 for my stay , the hotel wasnt worth the money but should rooms here be available at cheaper prices, then i would recommend staying and i would probably stay again. i would like to thank the housekeeping staff , concierge , pool guard and security guard for their help during our stay. i thank the manager for emailing a response to my feedback form (which he also seems to have done so to previous reviewer back in feb) but i truly hope this time that he acts on the comments as this really could be a rather lovely hotel. thank you

Room Tip: ask for marina view on higher floors
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LichfieldChezzie

Dear Ms LichfieldChezzie

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina!

At the outset let me thank you for choosing ‘Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina’ as your preferred residence address while at Dubai and for sharing your valuable feedback for my attention so that immediate corrective action could be taken from our end. At the outset we appreciate the detailed feedback shared with us and for also highlighting the team members that made your visit comfortable one.

It is really unfortunate that some of our services did not come close to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. I have already taken up this matter personally for a review on the fronts for a corrective action , such as room drains have been taken up for a regular treatment , fixtures that need appropriate repairs have been taken up already to ensure that the room details fall in place. It is our constant endeavor to move further by incorporating valuable inputs from our valued guests. Your inputs have been shared amongst my team for an immediate remedial action plan starting from re-training our associates involved to have eye for details and availing every single opportunity to delight our valued guests like you & to ensure its compliance. Though each of the job roles are pre-defined and in some cases overlap the services of another departments team member in order to meet the needs of the guests if it is required. Nevertheless , your observation for Taxi calling is being taken up for a review. As any other Hotel business our prime core areas remain as providing Accommodation & facilitating Food & Beverages. Your observation on catering services provided to the up-market clientele that come for evening ride at the Dhow Cruise at Marina Waterfront is correct, however by doing so we have not deviated from our core business of a hotelier as we are only servicing our Food & Beverage. Hotel is not involved in any kind of promotion for availing these up-market cruise rides for our guests.

Once again, I would like to thank you for apprising us on the concerns. We regret for the unfortunate experience you had with us. Nevertheless let me reassure you that we always attempt to delight our guests during their visit with us and shall be happy to hear from you once again. It shall be my team’s pleasure to have you back with us on your forthcoming visit to Dubai.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I cannot fault the service of the staff. I complained about the first room and they moved me to another room within 30 minutes. I did so politely.
The rooms are large, but the fit of the kitchen is a problem. For example the kitchen unit for the washing machine and the dishwasher. You need to leave on the fan in the bathroom or the toilet smells.

The service from the kitchen is rather slow. I had to cancel my drink it took so long.

The security staff and the cleaners were so lovely and the hotel emailed me regarding the feedback I left for them. The front of house staff very quickly booked some services for me. the staff are the strong point of this hotel.

It is a quite part of the marina, which is good depending on your view point. The flowers in the balcony are a nice touch to see some greenery.

Room Tip: A room with a sofa and chair is best, room 206 was better than 301 for example.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sarah f
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa, Dubai Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Dear Guest

Greetings from Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa , Marina !

We sincerely regret for the delayed response to your valuable feedback. I sincerely appreciate for your valuable feedback and the observations as highlighted in the reviews. We are happy to learn that some of our services met your expectations. Your observations on the rooms fixture issue has been taken up already and necessary corrective measure were put in place to ensure on delivering a defect free product. It has always been our teams endeavor to ensure delighting our guests through our warm hospitality and to take timely corrective actions that are in congruence with our guest expectations.

It shall be my team’s pleasure to have back with us. On behalf of my entire team once again thank you for visiting us at Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa Marina.

Shailesh Grover I Hotel Manager
Lotus Hotel Apartments & Spa. Marina.
P.O.Box: 376332 , Marina Water Front