“More from Deira than from Sheraton”

Vivaldi by Alfredo Russo
Ranked #137 of 9,929 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Heralded as one of the best Italian restaurants in Dubai, Vivaldi offers a creative and delicious menu. Diners can enjoy an elegant Italian atmosphere. The restaurant has a trendy bar that is accessible throughout the day, and a terrace for al fresco dining overlooking the waters and skyline of Dubai.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

There is not much of Italian food quality in this restaurant. My experience was a lessen learned the expensive way. Never trust the "Top 10 restaurant" websites as they get paid and put any lousy restaurant who pays in the top 10. I found this restaurant on a Dubai tourism site.
We book before for outside sitting (in March of off course otherwise it is a suiside in Dubai). The outdoor sitting is too tight and small. An example of poor civil engineering as the thick horizontal beam kills the creak view right at the height of your eyes when you sit.
Menu is a big one page book which could easily be used as a partition to divide the two part of restaurant. As big is it in size, as small is the choice of food.
We chose Tuba with tartar and seafood salad as starter with Turkey calsone and a meant pasta as well as King Prawn as main dish.
I have been to restaurants with poor food but they have poor quality in one thing and moderate or good on the other one. This one was an exception with majority of what we ordered in poor quality.
The tuna was served with moderate look but terrible taste. My wife eats anything with a sea food label on it. She could not eat this.
The calsone was burned below. By burn I mean carbon with 3 mm thickness.
The pasta meat smelled the bad meat smell and was full of pieces of fat.

When we left I filled the suggestion form and there was only one suggestion:
Hire an Italian chef.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great cooking and a very good selection. I don't know what to say more. Great view from the restaurant as well.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Every time I visit this place I seem to like it more.received prompt service the wait staff fill ur drinks without having to ask for.salad & antipasti cud be improved.good variety on desserts.outdoor seating area is very scenic gr8 view of Dubai creek.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came here based on an offer they had for Valentines Dinner. Starter was from the buffet and it was very poor. Salad dressings looked off. Not enough variety. Just poor quality overall. The main was ala carte from four options and after waiting for about an hour we got sample size mains, I get they are trying to be fine dining but the dishes were really too small. I ordered the beef fillet and asked for it well done, it came medium rare but after the hour wait I wasn't going to send it back. Dessert buffet was good, although a bit messy. They had fruit sushi but the staff around that area insisted its seafood!! Drinks were good. Service was painfully slow and the ambiance was average. The view was nice and it was a good deal. Will I come here again? No! There are way better places in Dubai for the same value.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great food, great view, great service...Enough said :)
The breakfast in the Vivaldi is awesome, fresh, varied and delicious.