“Soothing Hotel”

Ranked #81 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Soothing Hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had many choices when I was looking to book nice hotel near Jumeirah and Mall area near Sheikh Zayed Road but After founding good package from Centro Barsha, I just went ahead without second thought and booked this place. My decision was correct to go ahead with this hotel due to distance from major places nearby. Moreover, Hotel room was great,Big Bed and nice service + Amazing breakfast. Just loved it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank manish_advises
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stayed with us and futhermore your kind comments regarding the product, services, and the food.

I hope that we the Centro Barsha Team would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our Hotel.

Email:eleni.tsolakou@rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 26, 2013

A fantastic hotel and so cheap! Staff are superb, rooms are modern and stylish, breakfast was lovely and had a lot of varity. The roof top pool is lovely with sun loungers and chairs with big comfy cushions. Towels are given to you on arrival and you can order drinks on the roof too. The bar is really nice and had a great menu there too.

I travel a lot, on business and pleasure and stay in may standards of hotel from really smart to pretty basic and this place is superb. I can find fault in a lot of things if I try, but with this hotel I cannot! If I should travel to Dubai again, I would stay here. 10 mins walk to a huge mall, 350m to the metro, taxis are in abundance in that area and cheap too so no problem with transport.

Room Tip: As for a room that looks out into the city as opposed to a room that looks over the atrium as you wi...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about the overall product, the food and the facilities provided at Centro. We were glad to hear that we have met your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed June 25, 2013

An excellent choice and location for a business or leisure trip to Dubai. Hotel is excellent, room was clean. Pool/Leisure facilities are excellent. Breakfast at restaurant is amazing. Mall of Emirates was a 10 minute walk from hotel - which had a brilliant choice of shops, restaurants and coffee places. There are 2 beauty salons, prices cheap for some nice pampering. Taxi's in Dubai are pretty cheap, and hotel will always help you find a taxi. Transfer to/from hotel is efficient, but is more expensive than local taxi (almost double). In summary, a great hotel - would definetley stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about the product. We were glad to hear that we have met your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Located in new Dubai it is a bit far from Dubai Mall and the Creek, but metro station is only 5 minutes walk away and 15 minutes walk also take you to the Mall of the Emirates. Getting a taxi from the hotel is not a problem at all as a taxi stand is just right outside the hotel, there are plenty of taxi circling the roads around the hotel throughout the day.

An airport taxi to the hotel cost about AED85, and that is including the AED25 airport charge levied on the taxi departing from the airport. Getting one in opposite direction (i.e. from hotel to airport) by meter would cost approximately AED60. Taxi to Dubai Marina (about 10 minutes drive) is about AED20 and the beach is NOT at walking distance.

The room is clean and comfortable, compared to European hotel the size is good but considered small if compared to hotels in Asia or America for the same grade. Staffs are friendly, helpful and polite. Buffet breakfast cost AED60 per person if not already included in the booking, and the choices are OK but not great.

The only downside is that you have to pay for WI-FI access, which comes free with most hotel nowadays (though in Dubai most hotels still charge for it), and it cost me AED150 for 3 days. What is more, it limits the access to 2 devices only - bit silly to me considering most people carry a phone and a tablet/laptop with them now, and for a couple staying in a double room, you would think 4 connections should be the minimum. And once you connected your device, and change your mind (I first connected using my mobile but then wanted to connect to my tablet), you cannot do it unless you speak to the reception and have them disconnect you and reset your access altogether (sound simple but took me an hour to deal with the reception).

At check out I wasn't offered the choice to pay my bills in Dirham hence my card was charged as domestic transaction with less favorable rate. Nothing major but I would expect to be given the choice.

I booked at promotional rates through Travelrepublic hence feel it is a good deal but would probably consider others closer to the main attractions if not for the special rates I got.

Room Tip: For quiet room, get one higher up and facing outward.
4 Thank gibafulatata
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind and detailed review about the Centro Barsha product and services provided.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the internet and check out currency

I hope that we the Centro Barsha Team would have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel .

Gloucester, England
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Partner & I Have Just Returned 21st June 2013 after Spending 4 Nights at this Stunning Hotel .. Advertised as a 3 star ... OH No !!!! I Would Rate this as a 4/5 Star ... Warm Welcoming on Arrival after a very Long Journey .. To Be Up - Graded Straight Away ,to Room 125 with a Kitchenette & Lounge Area this was much Appreciated & Wow the Room was Aamazing !!!! ... Breakfast was Fab Every thing Freshly Made and Plentiful Waiter's & Waitress on hand to serve you .. A Deli Open 24Hrs a day and you Can order Room Service from them , Pool Area Is is Refeshing after a Long long Day Sight Seeing & Shopping & A Lovely Breeze that is much needed .. Staff at this Hotel went out of there way to Help & Were always on Hand if you Needed to Know Anything from Management right down to the Hotel Security Nothing is to much Trouble for them ,, We Booked a Meal at one of the Sister Rotana Hotel (Arjaan Rotana 5 Star Media City) before we Left the Uk , We Wish we hadn't as this was a Big Let Down Compared to the Quality of Food Served at the Centro Barsha , You can Book Trips, Private Taxi's, Or Even Get the Free Shuttle Bus too the Local Public Beach times are 10 am at reception and Pick Up Is 2 pm .. Beach Loungers & Umberella's are Available for 10 AED Each .You can also ask for a Guide to Privately show you around Dubai Just Ask at Reception .. Location to the Emirate Mall is a 5/10 Min Walk and Trust me you will spend most of the day in there Shopping .. As We Did , :) the Metro is also Nearby Either Stop 32 Mall Of Emirates or Stop 33 , This is a Cheap way to see Dubia , and we found it Very safe to Use & Run's Until Midnight ... Would I recommend this Hotel ??? This Is A Definite YES I Would !!!!! The Company Rotana Should Be Very Proud of there Wonderful & Friendly Staff They Employee at this Hotel .. Thank - You For a Fantastic Holiday Break !!! Mark & Fiona ..

Room Tip: All Rooms Are Super Nice .... Couldn't Fault any thing in this Hotel !!!! Please Remember to Tip
3 Thank satagtbct
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark & Ms. Fiona

We are sincerely grateful and honored of your kind and generous words about the overall Centro Barsha product, the friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food and your experiences with us.

We were delighted to hear that we have meet your expectation and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back in the near future .

With best regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Having stayed at Centro on several occasions, I am keen on sharing my experiences. Starting with the location, its ok. Where the hotel is located it is a little isolated, and not very much to do around it, however Mall of the Emirates is a short walk away and the Metro station is also a short walk away. The lobby is nice and contemporary (great chilled relaxing background music), with check in staff being very professional, even if things have gone wrong (My room had a drainage issue in the shower, when I alerted reception, they moved me to another room, straight away with minimum fuss, and dealt with it very professionally). The rooms are clean, with all the facilities you would want, the classic rooms are small, if you upgrade, the classic suites are a nice size, with a useful kitchenette area. The bathrooms are also clean, and have a walk-in shower which I personally prefer. At breakfast time, the staff are always professional and having stayed there several times, recognise me, and always come and say hello even if the are not serving me. This is very much a business hotel and this is evident at breakfast time, with most guests dressed in business attire, however, there is no reason why the leisure guest could not stay here and have a great time. The gym facilities are great, and so is the car park, which is convenient as there is direct access to the relevant floors of the hotel. This is certainly more than a 3 star in my opinion, in fact much better than some 4 star hotels I have stayed in. Highly recommend Centro for your stay in Dubai.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CentroBarsha, General Manager at Centro Barsha, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate and thank you for your kind words regarding Centro Barsha, the services, product and the professionalism of the staff.

We are grateful that you have recommended Centro Barsha as a place to stay in Dubai and we hope to have the opportunity welcoming you back.

Strathaven
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was a good value hotel for its 3.5 star rating.
The nearest metro station was only a short walk away and just about ok to walk to in the baking temperature. Taxis are readily available and reasonably priced (albeit a minimum charge applies even for very short journeys). The metro is cheap and a great way to get around.
The hotel facilities are good although the rooms are not large. The breakfast selection is excellent with chefs on hand to make omelettes etc as you wait.
Overall the hotel is clean, modern and a good choice for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple